Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭SniperPaddy

MR DAZ wrote: »
    It would put you off joining TS listening to all the moaning about it .. :-) not looking at anyone in particular

LOL. I think we can mute HIM !!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Yeah, was frustrating last night, alright.

On one hand it's our own stupid fault for not protecting our own bases, or organising a proper breakout. But if no-one runs down the hill with ya, there's shag all you can do about it.

On the other hand though, it was depressing to see almost all the other team were [TiG] - especially on on Tehran Highway and Seine Crossing.

....and i hate being a newbie again..... :mad:

CRAGGY
    Yeah, was frustrating last night, alright.

On one hand it's our own stupid fault for not protecting our own bases, or organising a proper breakout. But if no-one runs down the hill with ya, there's shag all you can do about it.

On the other hand though, it was depressing to see almost all the other team were [TiG] - especially on on Tehran Highway and Seine Crossing.

....and i hate being a newbie again..... :mad:

What would ye think about spreading the love by splitting large clan groups across the teams to avoid polarizing a match ?

My reasoning is that it balances a game better and allows people to get to know each other better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

had good 3 games just now. 2xmetro and bazaar.

in metro our team was just raped, but we turned it around twice! trolololol!

last game was alright, but our team was strugling and people started leaving etc... ah well.

good games lads.

Yup that was a great turnaround.. we did it twice in a row, teamwork > all

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

What would ye think about spreading the love by splitting large clan groups across the teams to avoid polarizing a match ?

My reasoning is that it balances a game better and allows people to get to know each other better.

Makes sense - as a team, if you cap all the bases and spend the rest of the game puréeing anyone silly enough to try to get out of the uncap - must be pretty boring, no? And you're not really learning anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

TIG are pussies ;) I've so many tags at this stage from them they're falling out of my pockets :D
    Bring em on I say...

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

:eek: Dear god what have you done?:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

TiG all on one side and ye lost .

Ye must not have be using enough F2000's or TS must have been empty.

I also notice all the ppl who don't squad up . Ye are useless to the cause.

PS as a one time original member of TiG i am allowed a pass on a taunts ....right .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Joeface wrote: »
    TiG all on one side and ye lost .

Ye must not have be using enough F2000's or TS must have been empty.

I also notice all the ppl who don't squad up . Ye are useless to the cause.

PS as a one time original member of TiG i am allowed a pass on a taunts ....right .

you are,...unless you join some bunnyhopping spawncamping clan...oh wait..you did ;)

Sc@recrow: Look I'm sorry the game takes into account your actual weight and the space bar doesn't work for you , but I have no need to bunny hop. what your seeing its ppl in game running .

anyone bunny hopping should take a look at the kill cam view of someone doing it. I can't even think of an insult to describe it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

CRAGGY

No idea how TiG would feel about this but I know that when BTC are on we are on to play with each other and have the craic on TS , when we are split up TS has the taunts but it does tend to go quiet and we usually end up either swapping back or switching servers . Having said that BTC can't even dominate our own TS ( are we are the only ones on it ) not to mind dominate a server .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't have a problem with any clan playing as a group tbh, it's how to practice and have a bit of craic, esp if there's a TS server where they're all talking. I had good fun there last night - TiG on one side and CI on another and stragglers like me making up the numbers. I think both groups are fun to play with too.

I didn't realise I wasn't in a squad for ages - I was used to the auto-squad stuff (last night was my first game since the patch - was too busy with Star Wars and Assassins Creed to play before) so mea culpa on that, I'll keep an eye on it in future.

The real killer is the lack of chat in between rounds to try and organise teams tbh - you could cut out a lot of stress that way. When the game starts, people are keen to get stuck in rather than faff about with switching sides and getting a Death on their score.

But I'll keep coming back to Craggy Island, always a good game to be had there - cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Yup that was a great turnaround.. we did it twice in a row, teamwork > all

We will try it again.

I just received my parts for new pc, spent all day putting It together. Installing windows.

If everything okay, them madcownipple will come over tonight for a few kills! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Last nights games :

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8089482/1/238074451/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8091700/1/238074451/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8093906/1/238074451/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8095744/1/238074451/

Yes a few of us were playing on one side, 5 I think, but there where as many [CI] players on the other sides. I bought the game mainly for the quality team play it offers. The only way to do this at the moment is via TS3. If you have players on each side on the same TS then it takes away from the fun imo. Out of TiG there are a few good players. The rest of us are decent enough, however we had the medic train going last night on the inf maps, and being honest it was a game changer.

GG this evening folks, DapperGent & I made for an accidentally fearsome helicopter pairing :p

CRAGGY

Fair enough. However I get very worried whenever I see kittenrescue, sink, mickfitz and madcownipple on the same side. It might be fair to put the other 60 on the other side. :cool:

CRAGGY - Private server

We got the 16-slot private server set up. We can use it for practise and challenges. I haven't tried it yet but we'll definitely have a go at everything unlocked.

I took off the password for the moment and will lock it again at the end of the week..
    If you are a regular Craggy head and you want to use it on a permanent basis, post up in the platoon. I'm not sure if we can PM in platoon but I can always poke the password to you in out TS.

"i3D.net - CRAGGY-ISLAND PRIVATE BF3 SERVER"
    31.193.138.137:25530

PS: If you know of any way to PM in platoon, please let me know; it will be very useful.

Shiminay wrote: »
    GG this evening folks, DapperGent & I made for an accidentally fearsome helicopter pairing :p

In fear of each other ??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've always thought there should be a config option to randomize teams between maps if wanted

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I've always thought there should be a config option to randomize teams between maps if wanted

It can be scripted.
    The alternative is waiting for auto balance to work and then disable manual team switching.

A few of the guys would prefer to work together but if there are 8 or 10 of them, it might be more interesting to move a squad to the other team ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

weird.. the server still requires 4 to join.. thought they changed that

CRAGGY
    Jonny7 wrote: »
    weird.. the server still requires 4 to join.. thought they changed that

DOH !!!
    That was the old startup script setting it to 4. I had the private server updated.
    Public is updated now.
    Thanks jonny.
    J

Was lol lads tonight.

Great crack. Unfortunatly had to go, work at 5:00.

I am off the weekend so I'll stay for longer!

Had a great game on Tehran Highway earlier - right down to the wire and we followed it with a pretty good one on Caspian Border too. GG all, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Seriously get on the TS, thats where the real craggy is. Of course if you've sensitive ears stay well away.

it is best to have consumed some quantity of alcohol before coming on TS and it dulls the pain of the abuse received. :D

I am off tommorow, so I'll be able to stay for longer. I will finnaly install Ts and Skype on damn pc as people already bugging me about it lol.

I hope you enjoy hearing my foreign accent and some racist and mum jokes. As I am on vent every day for last 5 years surrounded by English and norther Irish friends :D.

CRAGGY
    I am off tommorow, so I'll be able to stay for longer. I will finnaly install Ts and Skype on damn pc as people already bugging me about it lol.

I hope you enjoy hearing my foreign accent and some racist and mum jokes. As I am on vent every day for last 5 years surrounded by English and norther Irish friends :D.

LOL, you'll feel right at home then.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Some great games on the CI server, its always the first server i check to get a game on.

Its great playing on an irish server, im not a fan of kitten rescue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Quality games on craggy tonite....crack was mental. Killershamrock flying the little bird down the tunnel PMSL.

Was running amuck in the tanks with the cITV and guided missiles!!! What a combo! :D:D:D

Advertisement