Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    lizt wrote: »
    But it's still the highest selling song in its first week's release of the year.

They have no video just a X factor highlights one is this the first year no video for the winning act?

Poetry sure it is. Not a tealight in sight.,:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

keps wrote: »
    no disagreement about Mary Byrne - but Susan Boyle's voice is in a different class -she is amazing ( a bit eccentric etc - but a superb voice).

Not really, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That version of the Damien Rice song is utterly pointless, it adds nothing to the original, and anyway it would be very difficult to improve on the original. A total failure.

Listened to Ryan Sheridan's version of walking in the air, he on the other hand tried to do something different with it and it worked. But then again, he w'ont get the acclaim for it but at least he can sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

ebbsy wrote: »
    That version of the Damien Rice song is utterly pointless, it adds nothing to the original, and anyway it would be very difficult to improve on the original. A total failure.

Listened to Ryan Sheridan's version of walking in the air, he on the other hand tried to do something different with it and it worked. But then again, he w'ont get the acclaim for it but at least he can sing.
    Yes it does; backing tracks and an emotional key change >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Namlub wrote: »
    Yes it does; backing tracks and an emotional key change >_>

Me ould Nam have you been on the beer again ? Started Xmas day early have ye ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,312 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

keps wrote: »
    not a big fan of the war in Afghanistan - but i did pay the 99c to download the Army Wives version of ' Whereever you are'

Love everything Gareth Malone does- and a plus is that I hope to keep X factor off the Christmas No 1 spot:D

It has got the Xmas No. 1

Marcus Collins debut album out in March (Gary Barlow producing) he is covering Seven Nation Army by White Strips :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So....
    Who else is headed to One Direction tomorrow? :pac:

deise_girl wrote: »
    So....
    Who else is headed to One Direction tomorrow? :pac:

I am defo heading in the opposite direction to them :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I am defo heading in the opposite direction to them :p

:(
    You made the wrong choice

• Advertisement

Frankie Cocozza ha claimed that The X Factor has ruined his life, telling other wannabe singers not to take part in the show.

Talking to the Daily Star Sunday, Frankie revealed he was glad to get away from the show and abuse from the public by appearing on Celebrity Big Brother this month.
    He explained: “I don’t like the show and I don’t like what they did. I hate talking about it.
    “It gave me a platform, which is fine. But the way they did it was horrible.
    “I wish I hadn’t let them take control of me. I couldn’t understand how it turned out like that.”
    And he added: “My advice to would-be singers is not to go on it.”
    The teenager finished as runner up in the Channel 5 series of Celebrity Big Brother on Friday night.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/71559-frankie-cocozza-blasts-x-factor-saying-the-show-ruined-his-life.html#ixzz1l2wupX2Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

He explained: “I don’t like the show and I don’t like what they did. I hate talking about it.

I wonder ................................

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What an ungrateful twonk. He wouldn't have got to go on CBB if it hadn't been for X Factor. Looking forward to his 5 minutes being over and him disappearing back into obscurity...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I didn't watch CBB, but can't believe Frankie managed to turn around (some of) the general public's opinion, and was at one stage favourite to win :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

missbelle wrote: »
    I didn't watch CBB, but can't believe Frankie managed to turn around (some of) the general public's opinion, and was at one stage favourite to win :eek:

Well he was always somewhat popular with certain people, he wasn't actually voted out of the X factor

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

lizt wrote: »
    Well he was always somewhat popular with certain people, he wasn't actually voted out of the X factor

True.. I just checked the stats, and he was 11th in week 2, but around 6th/7th weeks 3-5, so probably would have lasted a few more weeks. He irritated me to no end in the XF though :eek: :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Where does he say it "ruined his life"? Or is that just a *cough* "paraphrase" by the reporter? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

OMG I just got a flashback to seeing this when I was really drunk on Saturday night on one of the music channels :eek: Cannot believe he's covering it!

OMG I just got a flashback to seeing this when I was really drunk on Saturday night on one of the music channels :eek: Cannot believe he's covering it!

Some songs are so sacred and classic they should never be covered or sampled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

[marcus collins cover of a white stripes classic]

mother-of-god-meme-240x180.jpg?1323194228

another classic ruined... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Terrible song in the first place. This version even worse. I see they gave the video a budget of about £45 though, which is nice.

NEXT!

Little Mix will release their new single Wings on 19th of August, Simon has delayed the release

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Little Mix will release their new single Wings on 19th of August, Simon has delayed the release
    FFS. Just when Wand Erection were eventually starting to dye off of radio playlists, now this is going to be everywhere. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Didn't Matt Cardle release his first single in August of last year. Simon must be under some illusion that this is a prime time to release a record that will be a big hit, or he's just putting it out before the next round of X-factor starts up, so he can then bring them back and say they are a success before he sweeps them under the carpet to make way for the next winner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

all these new x factor songs are horrid!!! they are seriously terrible

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

still to this day i dont understand how little mix won, that video looks like they just got 4 random singers together for the first time , the girl with the dark purple hair looks professional and suites the video very well and the blonde looks like shes on her own with backing singers

Advertisement