Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

For anyone interested in the studio version of Cannonball by Little Mix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

coolabula wrote: »
    Didn't Sami get eliminated in Week 2 after the sing off? According to this it should have been Kitty against Frankie, or is it just a mix up?

Sami was the following week. She's there in the ratings at the bottom with Kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

to anyone that watched the xtra factor, did they look at what names the judges had predicted as the winner and sealed in an envelope way back when...?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mystic86 wrote: »
    to anyone that watched the xtra factor, did they look at what names the judges had predicted as the winner and sealed in an envelope way back when...?

Yeah, nobody got it wrong. Tulisa seemed annoyed and claimed she never made the prediction that came out of her envelope (New Vibe IIRC). I cant recall everyone but I think Kelly predicted Misha B anyway, Dermot for Janet. Tis all I recall for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Sully wrote: »
    Yeah, nobody got it wrong.

nobody got it right you meant ya? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Sully wrote: »
    Yeah, nobody got it wrong. Tulisa seemed annoyed and claimed she never made the prediction that came out of her envelope (New Vibe IIRC). I cant recall everyone but I think Kelly predicted Misha B anyway, Dermot for Janet. Tis all I recall for sure.

Gary predicted Frankie
    Kelly predicted Janet
    Tulisa said it wasn't her prediction in the envelope -I couldn't read what it said.
    Louis predicted that it would be a Janet/Frankie final

Dermot voted for Misha I think.

Caroline voted Craig
    Can't remember Ollys prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

tomissex wrote: »
    Sami was the following week. She's there in the ratings at the bottom with Kitty.

sorry thought there was a double elimation in week 2:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,348 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Frankie Cocozza was Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh's predicted X Factor winner at the Boot Camp stage of the competition.

On The Xtra Factor tonight, Olly Murs and Caroline Flack revealed the judges and hosts' golden envelope early guess on who would win the show. The prediction process and golden envelope reveal has become a tradition on the Xtra Factor finale.

No judge or presenter could pick the correct answer this year, because girl group Little Mix were formed after the Boot Camp stage of the show.

Barlow singled out Cocozza at Boot Camp as his favourite act, while Louis Walsh supported the teenager and Northern Irish singer Janet Devlin.

Kelly Rowland also backed Devlin for victory, while Tulisa Contostavlos supported boyband Nu Vibe.

Dermot O'Leary was another Devlin supporter, Caroline Flack tipped Craig Colton, while Olly Murs got the closest to a finalist, backing Misha B for the title.

Cocozza was kicked off the ITV1 talent show during the live shows after breaking a "golden rule" of the competition. It was reported that the Brighton singer bragged to production staff about taking cocaine.

Barlow defended his selection of Cocozza, who was booed by audiences during the live shows, claiming that the teenager had exciting star quality during the early stages.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a355488/frankie-cocozza-was-gary-barlow-louis-walsh-x-factor-winner-tip.html

Full voting stats

The Final Results
    Little Mix: 48.3%
    Marcus Collins: 42.8%
    Amelia Lily (carried over from before the freeze): 8.9%

The Final - vote freeze
    Little Mix: 39.0%
    Marcus Collins: 34.5%
    Amelia Lily: 26.5%

The Semi Final
    Little Mix: 34.4%
    Marcus Collins: 24.0%
    Amelia Lily: 21.4%
    Misha B: 20.2%

Week 8
    Amelia Lily: 23.8%
    Little Mix: 22.4%
    Marcus Collins: 21.0%
    Janet Devlin: 18.3%
    Misha B: 14.5%

Week 7
    Little Mix: 26.1%
    Misha B: 22.5%
    Janet Devlin: 14.8%
    Marcus Collins: 14.4%
    Amelia Lily: 11.3%
    Craig Colton: 10.9%

Week 6
    Amelia Lily: 27.4%
    Janet Devlin: 17.4%
    Little Mix: 15.3%
    Marcus Collins: 12.9%
    Craig Colton: 10.6%
    Kitty Brucknell: 8.4%
    Misha B: 8.0%

Week 6 vote in:
    Amelia Lily: 48.8%
    James Michael: 26.7%
    JonJo Kerr: 13.2%
    2 Shoes: 11.3%

Week 5
    Janet Devlin: 18.0%
    Marcus Collins: 16.0%
    Misha B: 12.2%
    Little Mix: 11.9%
    Craig Colton: 10.1%
    Frankie Cocozza: 8.7%
    Johnny Robinson: 8.3%
    Kitty Brucknell: 7.6%
    The Risk: 7.2%

Week 4
    Janet Devlin: 14.7%
    Little Mix: 13.7%
    Craig Colton: 13.0%
    Kitty Brucknell: 12.9%
    Johnny Robinson: 12.2%
    Marcus Collins: 10.1%
    The Risk: 7.2%
    Frankie Cocozza: 5.7%
    Sophie Habibis: 5.4%
    Misha B: 5.1%

Week 3
    Janet Devlin: 17.2%
    Johnny Robinson: 17.1%
    Misha B: 11.8%
    Marcus Collins: 11.2%
    The Risk: 8.3%
    Little Mix: 6.0%
    Frankie Cocozza: 6.0%
    Craig Colton: 6.0%
    Sophie Habibis: 5.8%
    Sami Brookes: 5.6%
    Kitty Brucknell: 5.0%

Week 2
    Janet Devlin: 23.6%
    The Risk: 10.9%
    Sophie Habibis: 8.9%
    Little Mix: 8.7%
    Misha B: 7.8%
    Craig Colton: 6.9%
    Marcus Collins: 6.8%
    Johnny Robinson: 6.5%
    Sami Brookes: 6.2%
    Kitty Brucknell: 5.9%
    Frankie Cocozza: 5.2%
    Nu Vibe: 2.6%

Week 1
    The judges vote out 2 Shoes, Amelia Lily, James Michael and JonJo Kerr

FFS Misha B could have been out sooner if the judges had taken it to deadlock when she was up against Kitty :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    FFS Misha B could have been out sooner if the judges had taken it to deadlock when she was up against Kitty :mad:

Yea and look at the difference the following week...she turned on the tears and BAM she gets major votes!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

glad little mix won i think they will be the only musicians successful from a very poor x factor imo

4 million viewers down from last year's final Simon isnt happy

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Probably the worst X Factor ever in terms of excitement and talent but still found it compulsive viewing, roll on next year

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

What a dreadful winning act hopefully Simon will quietly bury them and we won't see much of them in future...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hey they could have done it in week 4 in the sing off with Sophie!

Ginny wrote: »
    Hey they could have done it in week 4 in the sing off with Sophie!

Oh yes Kelly could choose between her two acts back then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I think Sophie might have flourished had she been given another few weeks...aw well we'll never know now!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

In a totally manly way i think i may be smitten with Little Mix, they seem to get more beautiful every time they're on my tv! Glad they won too, they're a great little band, not like some of the other gob****es that have come off this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

On ITV's 'This Morning' Show when asked about geling so well, Jessie from Little Mix said that initially she and Jade were roomates, as were Leanne an Perrie, and when they all became friends they decided to stick together in the hope that they'd be made into a group!!!

On ITV's 'This Morning' Show when asked about geling so well, Jessie from Little Mix said that initially she and Jade were roomates, as were Leanne an Perrie, and when they all became friends they decided to stick together in the hope that they'd be made into a group!!!

I thought the judges put them together in boot camp (at least on screen anyways) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

You could interpet that as they were room mates at bootcamp, got along well and then decided to hang out together as a safety net (knowing full well that for the past few years eliminated singles have been put into bands)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

So tell the truth - who's going to watch next year? I swore throughout this series that I was finished but if I'm honest, I will watch the auditions, bootcamp and judges houses. I think I'll decide at that stage and if I'm screaming at the telly if it's as plain as day that an act or more should have been put through and instead they're picking acts based on personality and/or publicity potential, then I won't be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Good or bad, I'll be watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I think I watched it more this year than last year!

Last year I was sick of Cheryl and Simon TBH!

I though the judges were good this year, they looked alot more involved than Danni/Cheryl/Simon.

2 things annoyed me this year -
    1. All the stories in the papers
    2. Frankie Cocozza

I think they should abolish the categories after bootcamp so each judge gets one boy, girl, group and oldie to mentor for the live shows

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I think they should abolish the categories after bootcamp so each judge gets one boy, girl, group and oldie to mentor for the live shows

That would be more fair on the mentors but then judges' houses would have to be abolished and the judges would have to decide on the final 16 together, and then have them divided between the four of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

That would be more fair on the mentors but then judges' houses would have to be abolished and the judges would have to decide on the final 16 together, and then have them divided between the four of them.

Maybe they should get rid of judges houses (lets face it, they're not their houses!) and do a different format.

Maybe make it regional, seeing as they go on and on about how cities need to vote for their acts. - So each mentor gets to choose an act per category - per region - with maybe a wildcard element.

It would suit Louis down to the ground, he always wants everybody to vote for the Irish - good, bad or nauseating.

You could interpet that as they were room mates at bootcamp, got along well and then decided to hang out together as a safety net (knowing full well that for the past few years eliminated singles have been put into bands)

Yes, that's exactly what Jessie was saying! It's a pity she said it as I'd been totally 'taken in' that they were somewhat randomly choosen from the group of girls that we all saw huddled, and upset, after they didn't get to Judge's Houses. In 'reality' producers were very likely looking out for solos for a group while they were practicing their harmonies! I'm so naive :eek:

Great idea but it makes for better TV when Louis get the crappest category!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I think this would only work if they did it as a twist after judges houses. However, it would still be quite confusing trying to remember who's in each category. It's grand as it is.

It's tough to know what changes could be made for it next year. First and foremost I'd get rid of Kelly anyway and bring back dannii if I could. Tulisa and Louis have to be kept on, not sure about Gary but who is there really to replace him?

I'd like to see a return to the Saturday night results show. I understand this will probably never happen as it's all about the money but it was more exciting when both live show and results were on the saturday. Or maybe have double eliminations on certain weeks in which one goes on Saturday and the other on the Sunday results show?

I actually look forward to seeing what Simon has in store for next year. He needs to pull something out of the fire to improve on this year's poor ratings.

Advertisement