Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Gary really shouldn't come back as a judge. While Simon Cowell was honest and gave constructive critizism, Gary was just plain nasty. He belittled contestants and was very tactical when it came to critiquing acts that he viewed as a threat to his category. His handling of Frankie Cocozza was a joke and he ruined his credibility when he blatantly lied about his performance and admitted it the following week.

I think he's lost a lot of fans due to his stint on the Xfactor.

Kelly isn't a great mentor, she's full of herself, she's annoying as hell with her americanisms and has her favourites, but she's not as downright nasty and bitchy as Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,370 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Robbie Williams would be better than Gary at least he'd show some personality and be entertaining - Gary was a bad Cowell wannabe this year who was feed his lines and has his calls screened before he'd accept them on Xtra Factor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Anyone else see this? :eek:

000552ea-628.jpg

EDIT : I thought it was photo shop, but it isn't!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/1213/walshl.html

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lol someone posted that in YLYL earlier...it's horrifying!! Hilarious though :D

Louis has great legs :pac:

I love the way the pose is exactly the same as the photo that Cheryl was in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

article-2073924-0F2B213300000578-621_634x898.jpg

article-2073924-0F2B226700000578-973_634x927.jpg

article-2073924-0F2B39DB00000578-111_634x973.jpg

Jasus, I thought johnjoe would have more cop on than to hang around with that tit. Let him make a fool of himself, why protect him....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2073924/X-Factor-2011-Frankie-Cocozza-causes-carnage-Jonjo-Kerr-lashes-defence.html

article-2073924-0F2B213300000578-621_634x898.jpg

article-2073924-0F2B226700000578-973_634x927.jpg

article-2073924-0F2B39DB00000578-111_634x973.jpg

Jasus, I thought johnjoe would have more cop on than to hang around with that tit. Let him make a fool of himself, why protect him....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2073924/X-Factor-2011-Frankie-Cocozza-causes-carnage-Jonjo-Kerr-lashes-defence.html

One of his mates should have told him pull up his trousers

I say JonJo is jumping on Frankie's "fame"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One of his mates should have told him pull up his trousers

I don't think they could be pulled up any further by the looks of them. Fcuking skinny jeans wearing tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jonjo looks like a complete tool in those pics.

Not a good sign if you need to hang off Frankie Cocozza's coat tails to get your mug in the papers.

article-2073924-0F2B7D2E00000578-862_634x985.jpg

What do we have here?

Looks to me as if JohnJo is trying to prolong his exposure in the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I hope nobody thinks for a second that little mix (and one direction for that matter) were genuinely rejected at bootcamp. It's all one big fix. They pick the singers they want to form a band at the auditions, then "reject" them at boot camp, only to miraculously give them a lifeline. And of course the 4 of them look so shocked when they're called back in.

I'm slowly giving up on this show cause of crap like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I read yesterday that Cocozza is supposedly getting £30,000 for appearing soon in channel 5's next "Big Brother" show.
    Thank gawd I don't watch it. If I did, I'd be further tuning out upon hearing the thug was on it.

Biggins wrote: »
    I read yesterday that Cocozza is supposedly getting £30,000 for appearing soon in channel 5's next "Big Brother" show.
    Thank gawd I don't watch it. If I did, I'd be further tuning out upon hearing the thug was on it.

The next best thing to locking him up in prison and throwing away the key!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I read it's his mission to be the first person to have sex in the house. Classy guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Jonjo Kerr is possibly the most desperate wannabe in showbiz right now. He is so desperate to make it. Loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

lizt wrote: »
    I read it's his mission to be the first person to have sex in the house. Classy guy.
    Classy bird that gets with him too.
    Ha, that's a ludicrously small amount of cash to do Big Brother for.

amacachi wrote: »
    Ha, that's a ludicrously small amount of cash to do Big Brother for.

Ahh that should get him a couple of bags of that white stuff!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

What did Jedward get for doing it? I heard it was close to £250k.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a356289/x-factor-2-shoes-star-charley-bird-gives-birth-to-baby-boy.html

Charley Bird of X Factor group 2 Shoes has given birth.
    The 23-year-old welcomed a baby boy yesterday (December 15) named Beaux, the final letter in his name being a deliberate reference to Bird's role in the show.
    "Can confirm, Baby Shoe - Beaux Phillips Bird has arrived," a post on the official 2 Shoes Twitter profile read. "Both fine x So EMOSHE right now, and so proud of my shoe."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I was forced to sit thru that two hr final on Sunday. I thought it was absolute nonsense. Silly songs, same old performaces, rinse, repeat again and again. Judges saying the same thing over and over and over. Not saying they are not talented, but really it was quite bland and boring. Nothing original or exciting with any of the acts. Misha B was the best singer by far. But, still nothing original. I mean, litttle mix? Each one is very ordinary, and together still ordinary. Makes you appreciate Girls Aloud!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

walshb wrote: »
    I was forced to sit thru that two hr final on Sunday. I thought it was absolute nonsense. Silly songs, same old performaces, rinse, repeat again and again. Judges saying the same thing over and over and over. Not saying they are not talented, but really it was quite bland and boring. Nothing original or exciting with any of the acts. Misha B was the best singer by far. But, still nothing original. I mean, litttle mix? Each one is very ordinary, and together still ordinary. Makes you appreciate Girls Aloud!:eek:

To be fair the members of Littlemix can actually sing unlike their counterparts in Girls Aloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

egan2020 wrote: »
    To be fair the members of Littlemix can actually sing unlike their counterparts in Girls Aloud.

I am no girls aloud fan either.

For the whole of Britain and Ireland I think it's pretty poor that the top acts were what we got. Not useless, just quite average really. But, I guess there is a market for that, I mean, people buy Mary Byrne/SuBo records, so it's not surprising.

Well the muffins make in to No. 1 in the charts as if there was any doubt they wouldnt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the winners story was on 3 last night, probably be shown again christmas day

Coldplay and the song Cannonball were all suppose to be lined up for Janet Devlin

Little Mix have lowest selling winner's single since 2004

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/19/x-factor-little-mix-cannonball

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coldplay and the song Cannonball were all suppose to be lined up for Janet Devlin

Little Mix have lowest selling winner's single since 2004

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/19/x-factor-little-mix-cannonball

But it's still the highest selling song in its first week's release of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

walshb wrote: »
    I am no girls aloud fan either.

For the whole of Britain and Ireland I think it's pretty poor that the top acts were what we got. Not useless, just quite average really. But, I guess there is a market for that, I mean, people buy Mary Byrne/SuBo records, so it's not surprising.

no disagreement about Mary Byrne - but Susan Boyle's voice is in a different class -she is amazing ( a bit eccentric etc - but a superb voice).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

not a big fan of the war in Afghanistan - but i did pay the 99c to download the Army Wives version of ' Whereever you are'

Love everything Gareth Malone does- and a plus is that I hope to keep X factor off the Christmas No 1 spot:D

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    But it's still the highest selling song in its first week's release of the year.

They have no video just a X factor highlights one is this the first year no video for the winning act?

Advertisement