Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sepulchre17

Well, I happen to hate Ice-Cream, Tea, Coffee and Pancakes. That's a combination that's guaranteed to raise eyebrows when you're out or in someone's gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I know a white girl can and there are countless who do. But is the general consensus not that black girls generally have better bodies than white girls? Particularly in the ass department?

I've heard that mentioned by African-American characters on TV and in films, but it's always specificially about the ass being bigger, not necessarily being better (unless you like big butts and you cannot lie), and not the body in general.

I haven't advanced my empirical research enough to come to a conclusion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Well, I happen to hate Ice-Cream, Tea, Coffee and Pancakes. That's a combination that's guaranteed to raise eyebrows when you're out or in someone's gaff.

Tea coffee and pancake i understand, but ice cream????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Imo Nigerian people are the most ignorant people I have ever met.

I cant stand the way the Gardai take a back seat approach against young scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cruiser178 wrote: »

They're definitely very abrupt, I know someone who worked in Nigeria for a while and they dont do subtley, its all "gimme dis" and blunt versions of phrases we use. different culture of manners and all that, its like Japanese people being stereotypically overly polite.

There's truth to every stereotype, its how these things become stereotypes to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

Fbjm wrote: »
    Probably been said already, but being atheist in a predominantly catholic country is not fun.

why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

krudler wrote: »
    They're definitely very abrupt, I know someone who worked in Nigeria for a while and they dont do subtley, its all "gimme dis" and blunt versions of phrases we use. different culture of manners and all that, its like Japanese people being stereotypically overly polite.

There's truth to every stereotype, its how these things become stereotypes to begin with.

I think a lot of the stereotype of German people being abrupt similarly comes from their language which, like most other European languages, I think!, doesn't have many of the little nuances of English, like haven't different polite and impolite ways of saying the same thing.

Changing the subject, some post in this thread make me believe that some people don't know the meaning of either "unpopular" or "opinion."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I cant stand the way the Gardai take a back seat approach against young scumbags.

I would say that Nigerians are the main reason Ireland has become more overtly racist.

There are so many of them here (probably the most represented African country in Ireland) and their cultural norms are being taken as the norms of Africans as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Unless you're in 'Ye Olde Tea/Coffee House of Pancakes and Ice Cream' for dinner, it can't be that big an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks should be removed in AH.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »

That dosent excuse ignorance, I treat all people the same way I would like to be treated, although I do see where your coming from.
    I would say that Nigerians are the main reason Ireland has become more overtly racist.

There are so many of them here (probably the most represented African country in Ireland) and their cultural norms are being taken as the norms of Africans as a whole.

Thats not the way I see things, iv'e worked with people from many different African countries and only ever had a problem with Nigerians, again just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

Time Machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

There's nothing bad about buzzing off good pills.

I was happy when Harry Potter ended - at least now people shut the f*ck up about it.

Older men are sexier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Thats not the way I see things, iv'e worked with people from many different African countries and only ever had a problem with Nigerians, again just my opinion.
    I was heading to West Africa before and was talking to a Nigerian before I went. He actually warned me to stay away from any Nigerians!
    Anyone I met from other countries didn't like the Nigerians at all, even in West Africa they had a reputation for being dishonest.

Although when I was there, I only met a couple and they were sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I usually don't generalise but I hate people from South America.

Yep, all 371,000,000 of those buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I think really obese people shouldnt be allowed on public transport.

I think donegal should secede and get their hands on all that precious oil and become a superpower

I think priests should be allowed to have one night stands

I think we should change our national anthem to my lovely horse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I don't like kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Not sure if already voiced, cant be arsed to read through the thread...

Giovanni Trappatoni is a managerial genius...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't like kids.

Have you tried them BBQ'd with a bit of mustard?

Yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

Galtee wrote: »
    Time Machines

I hate people who don't believe in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Brussels sprouts are the food of the gods.
    Life is better when you don't own a TV.
    Low fat diets are less effective than low carb ones.
    Nigella Lawson puts me right off my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Maximum 40 Characters

Folk who use phrases such as bored.com,hammered.com should be made to set up and run that website for the rest of their tragically stupid existence possibly whilst monkeys fling their own faeces at them.

Although the ethics of child labour are definitely questionable you have to admire the quality of the workmanship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Dev and McAleese, next.

Northern Irish people are foreigners now? Jesus wept..

Also, the President doesn't run the show, next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

The Spanish football team, while undoubtedly excellent, are quite mechanical and can be boring at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The complete secession of the Irish Free State/Republic of Ireland from the United Kingdom was a disastrous mistake for all concerned and someday people will realise this

Tiocfaidh Ar Lá :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Perhaps I'm ignorant, but what does their skin colour have to do with it?

I'm white: can't I have a nice body?

White people in general, yes.

You in particular, no. :p

(I kid!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I think teenagers dress like total retards.

Time Machines
    I hate people who don't believe in

Stewie Griffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Northern Irish people are foreigners now? Jesus wept..

Also, the President doesn't run the show, next.

Well theyre not goverend from Dublin so yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

Darkginger wrote: »
    Life is better when you don't own a TV.

Totally! You don't realise how much time you have to do stuff until there's nothing distracting you. When you have to go seek out stuff you want to see online, you only watch stuff you actually want to see. No crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement