Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

A BMW is an absolutely ordinary car.

(The basis for this "opinion" is: if you put a tow hitch on it, does it look ridiculous? No - then it's an ordinary car)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Traveller's or Roma's?

Roma's..

"I hear you're racist now Kew" I feel is coming but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I think The Smiths are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think The Smiths are ****e.

That joke isn't funny anymorr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Gaelic football is far from the dead spectacle that the media and pundits are trying to make out.

In fact, I would contend it has never been played at a higher standard.

People point at the fact that only 3-4 counties have realistic chances of winning the All Ireland as if it's prove that it's uncompetitive. But if you look at virtually every team sport across the world (at professional level), it's the same 3-4 teams competing for the major honours every year (2004 was the last shock at European football level, with Mourinho's Porto winning the Champions League and Greece winning the European Championships).

It seems that gaelic football is the one sport that cannot see hugely impressive, tactically superior teams operating at an almost professional level, without deeming it as something untoward and problematic to the overall health of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Merrion wrote: »
    A BMW is an absolutely ordinary car.

(The basis for this "opinion" is: if you put a tow hitch on it, does it look ridiculous? No - then it's an ordinary car)

id agree totally that 3 and 5 series are completely normal cars and i say that as a 5 series owner

but the bigger models 6 series /7 series , x5 / x6 / i8 etc are nicer than normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Enjoy Heroin Responsibly

RainyDay wrote: »
    Do you think they were innocent of the charges?

Relevance ?

One can be as guilty as hell and still receive an unfair trial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 ticklemetoe

if a muslim want to go live in the islamic state let them. no loss to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

what if he's a great footballer, and qualifies to play for Ireland under the granny rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

And if we had an effective means of preventing their return or ensuring they wouldn't become a threat against is in some form I'd imagine you'd find allot of people in agreement with you. Didn't Cameron and Co bluster on about stripping such people of the UK 'citizenship'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Relevance ?

One can be as guilty as hell and still receive an unfair trial.

Well if we're agreed that they were guilty as hell, and they got locked up, I'm not sure what the problem is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

RainyDay wrote: »
    Well if we're agreed that they were guilty as hell, and they got locked up, I'm not sure what the problem is?

I , for one, believe trials should be fair and would rather a guilty person go free than have a fixed trial cos it sets a very dangerous precedent

Supergrasses for one tend to minimise their involvement and maximise the other persons. The evidence is tainted

I'm sure the English "knew" the birmingham 6 were guilty.

probably unpopular
    I was impressed with Brian Cowan's first day at the bank tribunal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

The women's world cup isn't doing it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You get the impression that the Roscrea Town seconds could turn over some of the teams on a wet Sunday morning.

arayess wrote: »
    probably unpopular
    I was impressed with Brian Cowan's first day at the bank tribunal.
    Me too, and I'm not usually a fan of Cowen. It was the first time I'd heard such a frank explanation from him of his own views on unsustainable economic policies of the early 2000's.

His basic argument was that he knew it was unsustainable, but that even the critical voices were forecasting a mild contraction over eight years, and that he saw his policy as shunting short-term windfalls into capital investment and basic living standards. It's a policy of dubious wisdom, but it's not altogether mad either. The NPRF cushion should have been enough to compensate for any gradual shortfall in construction revenue as the boom tapered off.

What's more, he's undoubtedly correct that a failure to do so would have seen Fianna Fail thrown out of government, and Fine Gael doing the exact same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I , for one, believe trials should be fair and would rather a guilty person go free than have a fixed trial cos it sets a very dangerous precedent

Supergrasses for oen tend to minimise their involvement and maximise the other persons. The evidence is tainted

I'm sure the English "knew" the birmingham 6 were guilty.

i'd prefer that the people that shot her get locked up. These people don't play fair. They intimidate or kill witnesses to take them out of the picture.

I don't think the confederate flag should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

They'd generate more interest if they lined the teams up on the pitch for a half-time hose-down. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I don't think the confederate flag should be banned.

It's not been banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Imagine Germany still flying the Swatstika over government buildings. That's the problem with the Confederate flag right now, state governments are endorsing racism and slavery.

If some absolute tool wants to hang it on his wall, he can go ahead as far as I'm concerned but he shouldn't rub your hatred in everyone elses face.

Mardy Bum wrote:
    It's not been banned.

True.

Imagine Germany still flying the Swatstika over government buildings. That's the problem with the Confederate flag right now, state governments are endorsing racism and slavery.

If some absolute tool wants to hang it on his wall, he can go ahead as far as I'm concerned but he shouldn't rub your hatred in everyone elses face.

the problem is that to many outside the southern USA the confederate flag means racism but to the people of the south it means a lot more. It's a cultural thing and not a direct reference to race or slavery , the civil war in american was over a lot more than slavery and race. The confererate flag stands for many things and for some it may represent racism but for teh majority of people who fly the flag it does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

the problem is that to many outside the southern USA the confederate flag means racism but to the people of the south it means a lot more. It's a cultural thing and not a direct reference to race or slavery , the civil war in american was over a lot more than slavery and race. The confererate flag stands for many things and for some it may represent racism but for teh majority of people who fly the flag it does not.

The modern day conception of the flag was never the official flag of the Confederates. It was a battle flag for one group in particular. This flag was popularised during the Civil Rights Movements by the dixiecrats when different states who supported segregation all of a sudden used it as an official flag.

The flag is inherently racist in its symbolism because of its history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The kardashians are secretly intolerant of caitlyn jenner but are putting on a facade of solidarity so as not to appear bigoted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

Robsweezie wrote: »
    The kardashians intenderetly intolerant of caitlyn jenner but are putting on a facade of solidarity so as not to appear bigoted.

Them and the rest of the world.

Thats not intended as an insult towards caitlyn btw i too am tolerant of her and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Them and the rest of the world.

Thats not intended as an insult towards caitlyn btw i too am tolerant of her and stuff.

him*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

stephenl15 wrote: »
    him*

Her. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

It's history is steeped in racism whether or not these people care to admit that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement