Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

We do, do we? I don't.

Oh no, my light hearted, sweeping generalisation has been undone. My life somehow has no meaning anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I am clever and attractive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Grimebox wrote: »
    I am clever and attractive

The ''Because I'm worth it'' attitude is a popular one regardless of whether it is merited or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

We do, do we? I don't.

No, but lots of people do think so.

I don't know any man who wacks off to Sarah Jessica parker.

If there is one amongst us, prithee! show yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

later12 wrote: »
    I don't know any man who wacks off to Sarah Jessica parker.

Do you frequently ask men who they masturbate to?

• Advertisement

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Do you frequently ask men who they masturbate to?
    It comes up.

Especially if the answer is Michelle Smith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

It comes up.

The former swimmer?

The former swimmer?

Noo; the former drugs cheat.

It comes up.

Wow. Burn, baby, burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Sarah Jessica Parker was hot in Hocus Pocus but she just looks like she's been out in the sun too long now. I don't get the "she looks like a horse" thing though. I think that's a bit harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Breaking Bad is very well made which makes it all the more painfully average. I should love it, and it has its moments, but altogether it just isn't all that it's made out to be.
    I've watched up to the latest season and I'm still not bothered about it. I know there are new eps out now but I couldn't be pushed. I actually plan on not watching them. It gives me satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sarah Jessica Parker was hot in Hocus Pocus but she just looks like she's been out in the sun too long now. I don't get the "she looks like a horse" thing though. I think that's a bit harsh!

Others would differ.....
    http://sarahjessicaparkerlookslikeahorse.com/

Anyone who is proclaimed as any sort of icon is going to have shite flung at them in large buckets. The fact that they themselves may not have proclaimed anything will not stop the flinging of the shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Man where do I start. We as a species on this planet are a hideous bunch. How society has formed its self, how the Western world is full of Fat fookers while the 3rd world is starving to death. It sickens me how much money is spent on wars when children are dying and hungry. How Governments give you the idea that they are looking out for your best interests when in actually fact they are fooking you up the arse each and every day.

How the Western world differs from the Eastern world, live and let live says I. Then there is Religion, I cannot comprehend how Religion has survived this long. Are people so stupid and thick that they believe that some Magician up in the sky is looking down upon them and taking care of them? Come on FFS! It’s ridiculous and you could not make this s hite up if you tried.

Religion in cahoots with the Governments of the world are simply there to scare the s hit out of you, to keep the status quo, to keep the tier system going in society and the world. It drives me insane, in the same way that people can’t and won’t think for themselves, Religious orders and Governments love people who can’t and won’t think for themselves, it makes it easy to control, spoon feed you bull-****e until you die and don’t go to fooking Heaven. How do people believe in a God who will allow a Football player score the winning goal in the final and allow a chunk of the world to live in misery? Are people so fooking stupid that they believe in this bollix, unfortunately they are. Rant over folks have a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I cannot comprehend how Religion has survived this long. Are people so stupid and thick that they believe that some Magician up in the sky is looking down upon them and taking care of them? Come on FFS! It’s ridiculous and you could not make this s hite up if you tried.

Well, someone did... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

live and let live says I. Then there is Religion, I cannot comprehend how Religion has survived this long. Are people so stupid and thick that they believe that some Magician up in the sky is looking down upon them and taking care of them? Come on FFS! It’s ridiculous and you could not make this s hite up if you tried.

I think you should follow yer own advice about the religon bit. "Live & Let live". Whiles i'd tend to agree with you, I'm no way religious myself, I would never call a person stupid for having religious beliefs. Its a major thing for alot of people, and who am I to say what they should or shouldn't believe.

I have a friend in her late 20's who's very religous, alot of my friends make fun of her when she says a prayer before she drives...., i always have to come to her defense.

No matter who yer god is, or if you dont do the god thing, live an let live, mind yer own business, an dont push you beliefs or non beliefs for tht matter onto others.

The ''Because I'm worth it'' attitude is a popular one regardless of whether it is merited or not.

I was talking strictly about myself. Not many people think I am clever or attractive

I love the sound of the German language.

Shryke wrote: »
    Breaking Bad is very well made which makes it all the more painfully average. I should love it, and it has its moments, but altogether it just isn't all that it's made out to be.
    I've watched up to the latest season and I'm still not bothered about it. I know there are new eps out now but I couldn't be pushed. I actually plan on not watching them. It gives me satisfaction.

I have been watching the new season but I'm not sure if its any good to be honest. I'm such a fan boy that I can't look at it objectively any more. The new episodes seem weaker than before with plot holes appearing all over the place, but none the less YOU TAKE THAT ALL BACK RIGHT NOW!! Breaking bad is infallible!

Mr Keek wrote: »
    I think you should follow yer own advice about the religon bit. "Live & Let live". Whiles i'd tend to agree with you, I'm no way religious myself, I would never call a person stupid for having religious beliefs. Its a major thing for alot of people, and who am I to say what they should or shouldn't believe.

I have a friend in her late 20's who's very religous, alot of my friends make fun of her when she says a prayer before she drives...., i always have to come to her defense.

No matter who yer god is, or if you dont do the god thing, live an let live, mind yer own business, an dont push you beliefs or non beliefs for tht matter onto others.

I don't want to get into a religious debate but I would probably make fun of her too. Just once though. She should know how stupid I think it is. She should respect my belief that her beliefs are ridiculous. Talking to people that don't exist is crazy. Religion has done so much bad to this world that I cannot forgive its continued existence. Religion has and is being pushed on everyone in this country. I will mind my own business when I'm not asked for my religion ever again. Indoctrinating children from a young age and encouraging them to find solace in bronze age myths rather than attempting to find the real answers out there. I hate religion. We could be exploring other galaxies right now for Christ sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

The Wire is different,its the greatest show ever made.

If appalling writing, tedious dialogue, impact swearing and stock characters are your thing it certainly is.

But I have already touched on this one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Mr Keek wrote: »

Easy up cowboy, as the thread title suggests, my opinions were not going to be popular. I was not having a pop at any individual people or persons just the world as a whole. I stand by my point in saying Religion and God are both a silly idea and both items are pushed on me every day contrary to my beliefs. I'm not fundamentalist in any way, however, if someone wants to use their religious crutch to beat me with, I'll beat them back. I was given an opportunity to voice my unpopular opinions and I did just that as the thread title suggested, never meant offense to any one particular person as I'm a very much live and let live person.

With regards your Friend, I think you have a crush on her possibly, so you should suggest that she go to the Doctor and get help with her Anxiety as this would be more beneficial that talking to an invisible guy in the sky.

Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Easy up cowboy

With regards your Friend, I think you have a crush on her possibly, so you should suggest that she go to the Doctor and get help with her Anxiety as this would be more beneficial that talking to an invisible guy in the sky.

Peace.

Sorry Dude,i wasnt having a go at you ,but I can see how my 'mind you business' comment could be picked up as such, i speaking generally, not specifically to you with tht remark.

I ain't getting into debate, coz you and i would be on the same side of the table, the whole notion is irrelevant to me. I just don't like people giving off about what others believe in. Its their beliefs an once they are not pushing it down my throat i don't care what they believe in, i'm not going to judge them for it either or assume they are stupid. I think its a two way street, non religious people shouldn't force their opinions down a religious persons throat either.

With regards my friend and the chance of a crush on her....,if saw the state of her ya wouldn't think so. Looks like a Labrador in heat!

Peace. We Cool! :cool:

Moving back on topic, I think people who allow themselves to get Sun Burnt every time the sun comes out are amongst the dumbest people your're going to meet, and i have no sympathy and hold a glim view of them.

Its like smoking, we all know its bad for you...., getting burnt is just as bad. Skin Cancer is 5 times more common that lung cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

If appalling writing, tedious dialogue, impact swearing and stock characters are your thing it certainly is.

Move over Walter Pater and John Ruskin we have a new genius in town.

My unpopular opinion - if someone does not know either of the above men, their opinion regarding art in general can be safely taken as uninformed and of no consequence to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Whilst we're on the religion topic ish! I pity Scientologists! No really, they get so much abuse for believing something I personally class as crazy, but seems more logical than the crazy stuff "regular" religious people think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

nacimroc wrote: »
    Whilst we're on the religion topic ish! I pity Scientologists! No really, they get so much abuse for believing something I personally class as crazy, but seems more logical than the crazy stuff "regular" religious people think!

Equally nutty to a lot of the dogmas of other ''religions'' in my opinion but the difference might be that Scientology extracts more money from it's members than might be typical elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Equally nutty to a lot of the dogmas of other ''religions'' in my opinion but the difference might be that Scientology extracts more money from it's members than might be typical elsewhere.

I thought that aswell, until last Sunday I was at a funeral and seen the church collected 9,800 quid in 1 day doing some graveyard prayer thing. Our local church raised 1,000,000 quid to do up the church over a year or 2 so I'd have my doubts. At least the scientologists are upfront about it....but still lunatics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The Script are brutal, just like Westlife with a few guitars.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you've got to be joking? its one of the mostly tightly written tv shows ever made. Stock characters? its got over 300 speaking parts and almost every person in it has a story arc. Its an incredible achievement in tv and it deserves to be called one of the greatest shows ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

MJ23 wrote: »

I wouldn't in any way regard that as an unpopular opinion!! All their songs sound the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

MJ23 wrote: »

you beat me to it, they suck ass, just as bad are Royseven, they're neither pop nor indie rock but something that's indescribably awful that defies a label.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement