Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

It really annoys me that charities like the DSPCA get money.
    There are far better charities that help people,not animals,that need money just as badly as does the DSPCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

There are far better charities that help people,not animals,that need money just as badly as does the DSPCA.

Animals cant help themselves alot of people can, also people are what cause the animals suffering so I think we should do all we can to help them. I have raised money for the Waterford animal shelter in the past and I thought it was for a great cause.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Not being "in love" is not a good enough reason to separate at the expense of the children. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'm sure they would

Then what makes your original statement an unpopular opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Mint choc is horrible.

mint choc feast, mint crisp, mint aero are all awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Mint choc is horrible.

mint choc feast, mint crisp, mint aero are all awful

NO! this thread has gone too far :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The deise are incredibly insecure and believe the whole world is against them

They had a thread about RTÉ selecting four cities and ignoring Waterford, ok that's a fair point and something to be discussed

And instead and talking up Waterford a lot of the thread was bashing Kilkenny

Insecure and negative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Babylon 5 was a better written sci-fi show then others aired during the same period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

Most people need a good kick in the face.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The deise are incredibly insecure and believe the whole world is against them

They had a thread about RTÉ selecting four cities and ignoring Waterford, ok that's a fair point and something to be discussed

And instead and talking up Waterford a lot of the thread was bashing Kilkenny

Insecure and negative
    Just a bit of fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Whoosh

I take it back so

Looked serious to me

Need to chill out a bit there in the sunny south east

Have a few strawberries from your neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

deisedave wrote: »
    Animals cant help themselves alot of people can, also people are what cause the animals suffering so I think we should do all we can to help them. I have raised money for the Waterford animal shelter in the past and I thought it was for a great cause.

Absolutely spot on. The original poster should spend a day as a volunteer up there and see exactly how some animals are brought in; hurt, violated, mutilated and psychologically damaged because of humans.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Whoosh

I take it back so

Looked serious to me

Need to chill out a bit there in the sunny south east

Have a few strawberries from your neighbours

The south-east is a hell of a lot more relaxed than Dublin ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well I could also read before I was two. Simple stuff at first, but by three was reading at a ten year old's level.

Meet your twin SB. I've read under 5 fiction books in my life. I read shítloads of non fiction, but my head just can't get around fiction at all. Never could even as a small child. I'd always ask for information(mostly natural world stuff with some engineering stuff thrown in) type books when my mates were reading Famous five or whatever the fcuk. It would be near torture for me to read something like Harry potter. I just can't plug into the internal world of novels thing that others can, yet I can watch drama on stage and screen and enjoy it and devoured comics as a kid. No idea why.

Me too! I enjoy movies but getting through a fiction book is like walking through treacle to me.

I've always been like this, at age 9 I could read at the highest reading age in my class, so the teacher pulled me aside and asked me what read at home. I said 'the dictionary', the big oxford English tome was my bed-time reading, I loved it! I also read my dad's guide to welding and a user manual for a Massey Ferguson tractor. Stuff I'm pretty sure would put other people to sleep I found compelling. I love dry factual writing, I feel like if I'm not learning something I'm wasting my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

"So, the sheepshaggers finally got over their milk price tantrum. In other news 69p for 2L at LIDL."

Apparently this FB status was controversial...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Me too! I enjoy movies but getting through a fiction book is like walking through treacle to me.

I've always been like this, at age 9 I could read at the highest reading age in my class, so the teacher pulled me aside and asked me what read at home. I said 'the dictionary', the big oxford English tome was my bed-time reading, I loved it! I also read my dad's guide to welding and a user manual for a Massey Ferguson tractor. Stuff I'm pretty sure would put other people to sleep I found compelling. I love dry factual writing, I feel like if I'm not learning something I'm wasting my time.

I was the same too. Had a few old Guinness Book of Records too. They were more interesting than the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I was the same too. Had a few old Guinness Book of Records too. They were more interesting than the new ones.

Why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I think vuvuzelas are pretty fantastic and would regularly break one out if it weren't for the fact that it would likely lead to physical confrontation. I feel it's the rest of the world who have a problem, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I think vuvuzelas are pretty fantastic and would regularly break one out if it weren't for the fact that it would likely lead to physical confrontation. I feel it's the rest of the world who have a problem, not me.
    This isn't unpopular, it's just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Pace2008 wrote: »

the likely outcome of the confrontation is that the vuvuzela would be hopped off your head

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think Sarah Jessica Parker gets way to much abuse than she actually deserves. Basically this ( SJP ) is what I'm talking about.

May be a bit of an "Unpopular Opinion" (at least among my own friends it is anyway), but I think she's actually a good looking gal. Not a Rihanna or a *insert insanely beautiful woman here*, but ya, I certainly would.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

EDIT:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Wilberto wrote: »
    I think Sarah Jessica Parker gets way to much abuse than she actually deserves. Basically this ( SJP ) is what I'm talking about.

May be a bit of an "Unpopular Opinion" (at least among my own friends it is anyway), but I think she's actually a good looking gal. Not a Rihanna or a *insert insanely beautiful woman here*, but ya, I certainly would.

Sarah Jessica Parker is the type of woman gay men and other women think is an attractive woman. She isn't…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

She is attractive... to a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

She looks more like Shirley Temple Bar than a horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Wilberto wrote: »

When people say "SJP is ugly", I reply "Yes, and your point is?". Tends to shut them up. I don't think she's great, but fair play to her for making in a profession where women are expected to be purdy.

I love dry factual writing, I feel like if I'm not learning something I'm wasting my time.

But you can learn from fiction books too. You'll increase your word power as much from fiction as non-fiction and learn to phrase things in an attractive way. A nice turn of phrase is a nice skill to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Sarah Jessica Parker is the type of woman gay men and other women think is an attractive woman. She isn't…

We do, do we? I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Sea Filly wrote: »
    fair play to her for making in a profession where women are expected to be purdy.

Backhanded compliment
    Definition: See above

• Advertisement

Backhanded compliment
    Definition: See above

What are you on about? :confused: I said in the post that I don't think she's great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement