Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Francis Brennan's Grand Tour

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What a nothing show.
    They might as well have pointed the camera at a wall painted Magnolia for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 eireluke

exactly I did :)

ohhh I must be so. if u say :) xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It is complete utter ****e.As for the new reg's coming on and telling us how great the show is ,please **** off we are not that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

eireluke wrote: »
    ehhh whats wrong with chillax ?????

It's the sort of thing Ryan Tubridy would come out with, and that's not good..

• Advertisement

ohh well I think its a sexy word :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 M.Pellet

amdublin wrote: »
    Wess, are you on the coach tour? Or do you work for rte or the production company?

Or was a relative of yours on it? Or work for rte etc?

Remember the annoying librarian called tony?

Well thats him.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wess

ohhh I must be so. if u say :) xxxx
    I don't know if you are the Luke that is really on the Francis Brennan show? Are you? Really like?

If you genuinely are "the LUKE", is it true that there is a Christmas song and dance ( light entertainment show )special on over the holidays featuring the cast from the show? Yes or no??

Also, how did you get on the show Luke? was it difficult?:confused:

haha yes I am the "real" Luke, and no there is definitely no plans for anything else like a song or a dance !!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Wess wrote: »
    Also, how did you get on the show Luke? was it difficult?:confused:

They had to pay 800 quid to get on the show. It's a good idea - make the wannabes pay for their own 15 minutes of fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

the show could be half decent if you could vote people off like coach trip. the whole show is fairly crap, hazel is the only reason to have a look every sunday.

as for luke, wtf is doing there, unless he is supposed to be the token whinge. he doesnt talk to any of the rest of them and hazel took pity on him last week by hanging out with him. poor guy is probably missing his boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

the show could be half decent if you could vote people off like coach trip. the whole show is fairly crap, hazel is the only reason to have a look every sunday.

as for luke, wtf is doing there, unless he is supposed to be the token whinge. he doesnt talk to any of the rest of them and hazel took pity on him last week by hanging out with him. poor guy is probably missing his boyfriend

The ones voted off would probably sue RTE or the production company for a refund and damages.:pac:

haha yes I am the "real" Luke, and no there is definitely no plans for anything else like a song or a dance !!
    Are you and Hazzel a serious couple or is that just for the television show? You didn't seem very happy to be on the bus tour....why was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Anyone watching this fine production tonight?

Where to start on the cringe-worthiness, the people making F1 car noises there at Monte -Carlo was fair cringe i must admit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I want to stick that stupid guide flag up Luke Chillax's arse and give him something to really whinge about.
    I guess he's chosen the 'I moan about everything' 'reality' character.
    Nice use of 800 smackers making yourself look like a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I wouldn't be able to stand Francis constantly telling me to hurry up and follow me and all this. He treats them like kids.

That Derek fella is a fair whinger too in fairness, seems to be a daily punctuality report there everyday..

I wouldn't be able to stand Francis constantly telling me to hurry up and follow me and all this. He treats them like kids.

Fairly appropriate i would have said. Who would voluntarily go on such a trip, unless you're a blatant attention seeker obviously..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Zonda999 wrote: »
    That Derek fella is a fair whinger too in fairness, seems to be a daily punctuality report there everyday..

Fairly appropriate i would have said. Who would voluntarily go on such a trip, unless you're a blatant attention seeker obviously..

I suppose yeah, but it would do my head in. Some people might like being brought around alright.

I'm enjoying the sights from this programme. Making me want to book a holiday.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this fine production tonight?

Where to start on the cringe-worthiness, the people making F1 car noises there at Monte -Carlo was fair cringe i must admit..

It reminded me of the Beverly Hillbillies on a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hoarder

To be fair, I think with a bit of tweaking it could work. Francis Brennan, while slightly annoying in this, is actually quite funny when he "Chillaxes" on the show, and definitely has a personality big enough to anchor a TV show. Not everyone will like him, but many seem to, and his heart seems to be in the right place

They have made a few mistakes on this occasion
    • The people: Badly matched, and not thought through. A group of eight couples, all at least 35 would have been better for the itenary they planned, and also better for the interaction between the participants, which is ultimately what would provide the "golden moments" in reality TV shows. In future, making people pay is not the way, they need to get a sponsor to foot the bill and if needs be trim the numbers to ten. We saw on Sunday night when some of the older people started to chat there were funny moments.
    • The itenary. A bit all over the place. Maybe a seven day trip with more interesting highlights would worlk better. Often times a lot of the people seemed bored. That flower place for example. Three major cities would fix this. Less emphasis on serious niche stuff, more on general attractions and scenarios that will get people to relax
    • Francis persona. People don't seem to like the school teacher approach. When he is relaxed he can be funny (bus trip to the cooking demonstration for example) so this needs to be refined.
    In relation to Luke, I am guessing he is 19 or 20 years old. He seems to have gone on a trip on his own containing older people (apart from Hazel) that is focussed on things that in general people his age don't look for in a holiday. He seems to be on a downer, maybe even a bit homesick, probably struggling with the whole thing a bit and generally regretting going. I would suggest that he might agree with me that he really should not be there at all. I don't think a young person like him would be coming across as "whinging" as much if he was away with his mates. I'm sure he will take the experience with him, and in five years when he is more experienced and maybe more mature would deal differently with such a situation. In the rooftop jacussi scene we saw that in actual fact he can have a laugh like anyone else his age. At least Hazel is there to perk him up!

In general these programmes are as good as the budget available to make them and the number of ads that can be sold on the back of them. Working in the Media (although not in TV) I can tell you both are at rock bottom! With all this in mind the show is not all that bad for a first go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

hoarder wrote: »
    To be fair, I think with a bit of tweaking it could work. Francis Brennan, while slightly annoying in this, is actually quite funny when he "Chillaxes" on the show, and definitely has a personality big enough to anchor a TV show. Not everyone will like him, but many seem to, and his heart seems to be in the right place

• The people: Badly matched, and not thought through. A group of eight couples, all at least 35 would have been better for the itenary they planned, and also better for the interaction between the participants, which is ultimately what would provide the "golden moments" in reality TV shows. In future, making people pay is not the way, they need to get a sponsor to foot the bill and if needs be trim the numbers to ten. We saw on Sunday night when some of the older people started to chat there were funny moments.
    • The itenary. A bit all over the place. Maybe a seven day trip with more interesting highlights would worlk better. Often times a lot of the people seemed bored. That flower place for example. Three major cities would fix this. Less emphasis on serious niche stuff, more on general attractions and scenarios that will get people to relax
    • Francis persona. People don't seem to like the school teacher approach. When he is relaxed he can be funny (bus trip to the cooking demonstration for example) so this needs to be refined.
    In relation to Luke, I am guessing he is 19 or 20 years old. He seems to have gone on a trip on his own containing older people (apart from Hazel) that is focussed on things that in general people his age don't look for in a holiday. He seems to be on a downer, maybe even a bit homesick, probably struggling with the whole thing a bit and generally regretting going. I would suggest that he might agree with me that he really should not be there at all. I don't think a young person like him would be coming across as "whinging" as much if he was away with his mates. I'm sure he will take the experience with him, and in five years when he is more experienced and maybe more mature would deal differently with such a situation. In the rooftop jacussi scene we saw that in actual fact he can have a laugh like anyone else his age. At least Hazel is there to perk him up!

In general these programmes are as good as the budget available to make them and the number of ads that can be sold on the back of them. Working in the Media (although not in TV) I can tell you both are at rock bottom! With all this in mind the show is not all that bad for a first go.

I'm sorry for being "critical" but I can't believe anybody would take this programme seriously enough to write such a detailed critique of it. I have seen one episode and sped my way through two more on RTE Player. I personally don't care if I see Francis Brennan, Luke, Hazel or any of this crowd again, I have no empathy with any of them. I made the same trip once by car, it was brilliant - no coach, no Francis Brennan, no whingers.

I didn't realise that RTE had never chosen any programmes before this one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hoarder

Alwayson wrote: »
    no coach, no Francis Brennan, no whingers.

Is the whole point that most people have not, and more importantly that people are looking for entertainment and personal interest? Hardly relevant that some people have driven on the same road in their car! Glad you enjoyed your holiday though...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

Is the whole point that most people have not, and more importantly that people are looking for entertainment and personal interest? Hardly relevant that some people have driven on the same road in their car! Glad you enjoyed your holiday though...

Its very relevant to me because it gives me the opportunity to revisit the places I once frequented. That's how I derive my pleasure from the programme. I wasn't on holiday I lived there.

Get a grip, it's just TV!
    I think the show works very well, if just alittle rushed at times! I'd like to have seen how Geraldine actually made the sandwich mix that day. it was all too rushed, I was trying to jot down the ingredients and the method she employed to reach her point of perfection, but they moved too quicly to the next shot of some women placing barracades in front of the bus, stopping them from moving off, but giving Francis an excuse to be sexist I'm afraid! Derek is very funny with his time-keeping pre-occupation, he should chillax as Lukas once said. Ciao:cool:

Dark wood is scary now..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The diver does not speak English.

They have to walk and take turns taking cars because the road is too narrow, Killnascully has nothing on this.

Homesick on a 2 week holiday, get a crip ya fool.

• Advertisement

They left without Johny:eek:

Advertisement