Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Francis Brennan's Grand Tour

Options
  • 14-11-2011 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Tuned in to see this very poor copy of Channel 4's Coach Trip which can be very funny and vicious at times. Francis is not a patch on Brendan Sheerin :cool:. Everything on RTE seem to a rip off of british channels at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The only thing that I noticed in this programme was the young guy trying to get off with the blond, and it was funny in an embarrassing kind of way. He seemed to lay claim to her after they arrived in Spain, but you couldn't really tell whether his efforts got a result or not.

As for the rest of the motley crew of travellers, I hope they all get pissed up and have a fight, just to liven things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The only thing that I noticed in this programme was the young guy trying to get off with the blond, and it was funny in an embarrassing kind of way. He seemed to lay claim to her after they arrived in Spain, but you couldn't really tell whether his efforts got a result or not.

Eh, I think you'll find he's gay.

zac8 wrote: »

If that's the case, he must be a bit confused :D

whats the story with the lady and her brother in law? weird much!

The people on the trip must have been recruited in special places.

• Advertisement

€800 each.

http://www.movieextras.ie/notices/540/@@index.html
    The flights and accommodation have been booked, the coach is ready, and Francis is raring to go. All he needs now are some holidaymakers! We want to hear from couples, families, work colleagues - anyone who wants to celebrate a special milestone, anniversary or birthday in style. Perhaps you have taken early retirement, or maybe you are recovering from a life changing experience? Whatever your special reason, get in touch and let us know why you, or your friends, should join Francis on his Grand Tour.

To apply to take part in this exciting new series email grandtour@waddellmedia.com
    Or alternatively call Laura on 00 44 2890 427646 to receive an application form by post.

The special price for this unique trip including flights, transfers and accommodation on a B&B basis is €800 per person (inc. taxes and charges, based on two people sharing).
    Single room supplement applies. Booking terms and conditions apply.

You must hold a valid passport and be available to travel from Monday 12th September to Saturday 24th September 2011 inclusive.

You must be 18 years of age or over to apply and places are strictly limited. So get in touch now and let us know why you should come along on this unforgettable journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 eireluke

zac8 wrote: »

Emm I'll think u find I'm not

As for the rest of the motley crew of travellers, I hope they all get pissed up and have a fight, just to liven things up a bit.

Embarrassing ?? ehhhh don't think so, we just got on....

The people on the trip must have been recruited in special places.

Any1 cud apply, it was advertised sure.....

If that's the case, he must be a bit confused :D

It's not the case

• Advertisement

eireluke wrote: »
    It's not the case

So you keep telling us.:D

eireluke wrote: »
    It's not the case

So you keep telling us.:D

Keep ?? Us ?? Ehhh no. Said it once

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Really hope you recover from the sunburn. They left us with a right cliff hanger last week. Compelling viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wess

Did you see the guy who got the birthday cake? He was the Librarian in the Arts Library in Trinity when I was there, really nice guy? I've seen him on TV and in a film since, he must have changed his profession?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

whos the blonde chick? Shes a bit of alright!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sardonic wrote: »
    Tuned in to see this very poor copy of Channel 4's Coach Trip which can be very funny and vicious at times. Francis is not a patch on Brendan Sheerin :cool:. Everything on RTE seem to a rip off of british channels at the moment.

this is a complete copy of coach trip, do channel 4 know about this (copyright infringe & all that?)

can RTE not come up with one original idea for a show on its own:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Where do rte get these retards outta?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

I logged on to Boards to see if anyone was talking about this program.
    I cannot believe my TV licence money is being spent on this s**te.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

In the name of all thats holy, what is the point of this programme and who is paying for it? If its the tourist boards of the cities they're visiting that's one thing but if its the license payers I'm off to burn down Montrose again (or I would if I could afford the petrol). The Government launched loads of schemes recently to get people to holiday in Ireland so why is RTE encouraging people to go abroad? The crowd on the coach is like the crowd that gets on at the airport in some tacky resort and get dropped off at different hotels along the way. Did they get these holidays for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Just when you thought RTE couldn't get any lower than Terri Prone and Twink on the Saturday night show, comes Francis Brennan asking a coach load of people "have they gone to the toilet"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

€800 each apparently..

This is well up there with the worst crap RTE have ever broadcast, well up there with that colm & jim jims home run there a couple of years ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Zonda999 wrote: »
    €800 each apparently..

This is well up there with the worst crap RTE have ever broadcast, well up there with that colm & jim jims home run there a couple of years ago..

Don't forget Craig Doyle's 'The Social' last week. That was pure muck too.

What is the point of this show?, utter rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Whats that moaning child Luke doing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

kinetic wrote: »

His name is Francis not Luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

be jaysus

model.jpg

I think I might be tuning in next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

kinetic wrote: »

I really dont understand it either... Did he hit PAB Tours instead of Ibiza Sex Holiday on the Agent's website?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Zonda999 wrote: »
    €800 each apparently..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

I'd only just forgotten that program.

Back to my therapist for more CBT I guess :(

Bold rte! Bad Colm & Jim Jim!
    Bad Zonda999 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Does no-one get voted off or replaced on this?

What's the point of it all? - it's like they had to change something to differentiate it from 'Coach Trip', so they dropped the only interesting part.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

be jaysus

model.jpg

I think I might be tuning in next week...

I'd put money on it that this little minx didn't have to pay €800 to go on the grand tour :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

amdublin wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

I'd only just forgotten that program.

Back to my therapist for more CBT I guess :(

Bold rte! Bad Colm & Jim Jim!
    Bad Zonda999 :(
    sorry :)

Tbh, this programme is almost entertaining in a retarded kinda way.. That blonde one in the bikini means i'll have to have a look next week!

Advertisement