Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Aiken could pull resale at any minute to help sell off his remaining primary stock.

Yes you are right, it pays to wait.

168 euro for restricted view seats in Cork, some cowboy Aiken is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭flasher0030

And yet when they go on resale again in few months, the frenzy will start all over again. Like as if a couple of golden tickets have become available, and people will almost kill for them. Then in August, people will look back and think what was all that fuss about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Fanirish

it’s just entrenched ticketmaster as the one shop for tickets and resales but it was going that way with digital tickets anyhow.
    To be people complaining that resale price is in €15/20 etc is cause reselling is a vat activity and ticketmaster have to charge 13.5% on the resale.
    revenue are making bank on resale tickets

Why can't you sell on Adverts for this gig? I don't ever recall it being an issue before.

I just had a look there, and zero ads for tickets for sale. Yet plenty on Toutless.com.

legislation makes it illegal to sell over cost and probably too much hassle for adverts to moderate prices so just blanket bans

• Advertisement

Which is anti consumer.

Ticketmaster can decide whether or not to open resale, and if the promoter has extra stock to sell resale might not be opened.

So where does that leave the average person to resell their ticket ?

Thats not even going into dynamic pricing and platinum and fraud on social media and all that other nonsense.

I'm just wondering why for this gig. I've bought tickets couple of times from Adverts over the past while. And there was never any problems in people selling them (or maybe there was for some).

But for this Bruce gig, nothing available. I'm going to pick up a cheaper ticket from Toutless on Sunday. But I was also looking at my options on Adverts. Toutless doesn't allow for new users - but thankfully I've been there for a good few years. It's some scam that people cannot sell however they want but obviously abiding by touting legislation. Ticketmaster pushing them in the direction that they want so that they can charge these ridiculous fees.

Bruce is very anti tout so legal letter could of be sent or they know to not allow him to be sold to avoid being sued

resale was technically illegal prior to digital tickets. Just impossible for them to identify resold tickets.
    and I’ve yet to see a single show here where you cannot sell a digital ticket. Even if resale is disabled, transfer is always option

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

its not just Bruce. This is obviously new. They’ve got a list on their site that tells you what you can’t sell. Bruce. Acdc Coldplay and more so this is quite a new thing for adverts I think.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pretty sure that's not right on the VAT. A bit more is payable because the price is uplifted, but the initial VAT is credited when you sell back to TM.

The extra VAT is only on the extra charge levied by TM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭fafy

looks like all resale and general tickets have been pulled for Dublin & Cork,in the last few minutes on TM, something going on here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭fafy

back online on TM, sold one for one of our group who can’t make it, toutless as low as €100 standing , sold it there for €100, and paid over/transferred in a few minutes.

Good news for anyone looking

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kil1987

Saw Springsteen on Sunday in Kilkenny (Hometown) and what a show. Man just keeps getting better. Curious to know what people think. Could this be a last hurrah for the Boss in Ireland? Those that are going to the Cork and Croker gigs are in for some show

• Registered Users Posts: 38,037 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

“Road Diary: Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band” will follow the band’s 2023-2024 world tour, featuring footage from band rehearsals and backstage moments, conversations with Springsteen as he develops the setlist and archival clips of the E Street Band. The project is intended to complement Springsteen’s existing body of autobiographical works, which includes the memoir “Born to Run,” the live performance (and documentary) “Springsteen on Broadway,” and the films “Western Stars” and “Letter to You.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I think they've got one more tour in them for sure (as a whole band), in a couple of years time I guess.

Then after that Bruce could take a smaller solo tour around the world no problem I think. He'd still sell out everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I've been saying "this is the last" since 2013. Wise old owls keep telling me "he'll never quit". Theyre right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭downtheroad

You can't blame Revenue/13.5% VAT for Ticketmaster charging a 15% fee on tickets resold on the platform. Ticketmaster could charge 1% if they wanted and Revenue would take VAT from that. VAT is not causing the exorbitant fee here.

Arguing with him will get you nowhere fast chief.

He puts on a good show but he isnt getting better and better, he cant, he is 74, and his voice isnt anywhere as good as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I'm all for people enjoying themselves at these shows, but the better than ever claims are pretty bonkers. Bruce puts on a great show still, and at 74 his passion and enthusiasm is admirable. He has slowed down a great deal in the last few years and his voice has been pretty ropey on the last tour and this one. Watching him live I often feel he should give himself a breather, but it's just not in his nature. He's an epic showman, who gives his all every night. There just seems to be more nights these days were the tank is running on empty.

Like I said Bruce and the E Street in 2024 is an amazing show. But compared to them on the Magic tour in 2008, it's clear to see time waits for nobody.

People are still making similar claims about the Stones in 2024, who have become quite lackluster live, with the exception of Mick! Perhaps the greatest rock and roll band of all time, but again, time waits for nobody!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luke_h

Selling 2 seated tickets for the Dublin gig on Sunday May 19th if anyone is looking! Ticketmaster won't allow resale. Selling both for 300, face value is 320.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kil1987

Agree on the voice. It has got weaker but from some level. Was still on a high from the gig. After seeing him a good number of times, I feel I enjoyed the gig more then ever on Sunday. Thanks for the replies.

Ive a good bit of context here. Kilkenny was clearly a lot better than any of the 3 shows here last year. I was in Monza and it was twice as good as that.

For my mind, KK was a step up from the two Croker shows in 2016 also. And the 2009 shows in the RDS. Last time I got that level of energy from him was Limerick in 2013. In terms of Irish shows ive seen it was just in behind the 2003 and 2012 triumphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TenPicnics

I'm still on a bit of a high after KK, I felt quite the opposite after Croke Park in 2016. Scrambling my brain to try remember a better Bruce+E St gig (for me) when it comes to overall enjoyment. Especially for clarity of sound, setlist, ease of getting into the pit, and not forgetting a stunning performance by Bruce and everyone on that stage (two dozen or so?). The great weather, venue and crowd (around where I was or that I noticed elsewhere) were relevant too.

Maybe the Tunnel of Love gig in the RDS a long time and many albums ago is equal for me, maybe an RDS gig around The Rising album time, but definitely neither of them was better, in my view, than KK on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I rate RDS #3 2008 very highly. RDS #2 2009 was great too, as was Munich ten days earlier.
    I think everyone's opinion can also be conditioned by circumstances on the day, the crowd around you, etc. I thought Kilkenny was superb, but I personally wouldn't have said it was "a lot better" than any of the Dublin shows last year, as I thought RDS #2 was absolutely killer. But I was very much in the pro-Kitty's Back/E Street Shuffle camp. Plus, I was quite close to the stage and it was a good crowd; these things all contribute to one's assessment of the show. I remarked here last year that there were no negatives that night, and I stand by that.
    The 2016 shows gave us an incendiary Lost in the Flood on night one, and solo Incident and Thunder Road on night two. For me, they were worth the admission price alone.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

RDS 2008 night 3 was a barnburner - no debate from me chieftain.

Croker '16 was fab and a fair few alltimer performances, but for me the energy levels in KK with the old warhorses were in a different league. Because The Night/Rising/Badlands/Thunder Road - all mindblowing on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I was in Kilkenny, one of the greatest shows I was ever at. It will be interesting to see what the future holds when this tour finishes later this year. Bruce appears in great shape after his stomach ulcer problems last year, all the band members are looking good, so hopefully it's not the end of the big tours. I going to Croke Park on Sunday, it should be another great one🎸🎷🎹🥁.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,037 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some productions holds released for Cork

• Advertisement

Aiken really is a chancer charging full price for restricted view seats.

Row C of the lower tier, what would you see with people standing on the pitch.

Advertisement