Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭NTC

Ahaboy wrote: »
    hey guys, getting close now!! i was on a couple months ago wondering did anyone want to swap a couple of standing tickets for 2 seating? The missus picked them up by mistake and Im mad to hit the pit, they're for the 2nd nite. If nobody's interested does anyone have any other ideas on how I might get around this issue?! New album is excellent by the way, all of it!

I have a couple of standing and really need seating. Wife is pregnant, we found out a few days after we got the standing ones.

I'll pm you if you want to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

AssyHloCEAAWRAy.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Why is the stage pulled so far forwards? And will that be the pit size for the RDS, It seems rather small.

CiaranK wrote: »
    Why is the stage pulled so far forwards? And will that be the pit size for the RDS, It seems rather small.

Poor ticket sales seemingly, they only expect around 20,000.

bruce-sevilla-rueda-prensa4.jpg

• Advertisement

More from the 'Press Night' soundcheck in Seville tonight:

133685108902305gd.jpg
    133685094070301gd.jpg
    133685099031803gd.jpg
    19:03 CET

1. We Take Care
    2. Death to My Hometown
    3. Rocky Ground
    4. Thunder Road
    5. Waitin. on Sunny Day
    6. I'm Goin' Down
    7. The Promise
    8. Shackled and Drawn
    9. Apollo Medley (stop start while they iron out problems apparently)
    10. We Are Alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BCN

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    New album and tour in 2012 so we should start a thread.

Can all fans register their interest here please? I'll keep it updated.

Hi I hope this board is still on!
    Got the tickets for the 18th of July, can't wait to see him again. It will be my first time in Dublin as I normally see him in Barcelona. Does anyone know where is he staying? Is it the Merrion Hotel?? I normally go and see him before the concert at his Barcelona hotel and I would like to do the same here but I am not sure what hotel. Can anyone help? There is 3 of us coming from Spain (to be hones the other 2 are going to 11 concert) and they were talking to him yesterday in Barcelona. I would love to tell him how much his music means to me!
    Anyway I hope someone can help. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

BCN wrote: »
    Hi I hope this board is still on!
    Got the tickets for the 18th of July, can't wait to see him again. It will be my first time in Dublin as I normally see him in Barcelona. Does anyone know where is he staying? Is it the Merrion Hotel?? I normally go and see him before the concert at his Barcelona hotel and I would like to do the same here but I am not sure what hotel. Can anyone help? There is 3 of us coming from Spain (to be hones the other 2 are going to 11 concert) and they were talking to him yesterday in Barcelona. I would love to tell him how much his music means to me!
    Anyway I hope someone can help. Thanks

Yes most likely it'll be the Merrion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DerryKevin

Hi folks, I have gone to every Bruce concert in Ireland since Tunnel of Love at the RDS in '88, and although since my teenage years I have always wanted to meet Bruce, I have never felt the urge to stand outside his hotel in the hope of meeting him. I always felt seeing him in concert was enough.

Now, as we all get older and we realise the band won't be around forever, I would love to get a photo with Bruce but don't know the best way to go about it. I am going to both shows in July and would love some advice on maybe the first day, what time to wait at the hotel for the band to leave for the RDS. I feel like this is my last chance and would really appreciate any hints or tips from people that have done this before.

Thanks,
    Kev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

He did his mini-crowdsurf beside me last night in Berlin, yes we got pretty close and personal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieMaRJzIanc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Springsteen and the E-Street band live 'RockIn Rio Lisboa' on youtube shortly if anyone wants to click on to watch :)

Nice, pity only 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Enjoyed it too - would have loved some more. Great quality

20 mins of the broadcast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Although this shows how baaaaad music is today, but I mean he just can't do anything wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Wow mammoth 3 hr 40 minute set last, they don't call him the Boss for nothing!
    We Take Care Of Our Own
    Wrecking Ball
    Badlands
    Death to My Hometown
    My City of Ruins
    Spirit in the Night
    The E Street Shuffle
    Jack of All Trades
    Candy's Room
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Johnny 99
    Out in the Street
    No Surrender
    Working on the Highway
    Shackled and Drawn
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    The Promise (Solo Piano)
    The River
    The Rising
    Radio Nowhere
    We Are Alive
    Land of Hope and Dreams

Rocky Ground
    Born in the U.S.A.
    Born to Run
    Cadillac Ranch
    Hungry Heart
    Bobby Jean
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Glory Days
    Twist and Shout

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Would I've loved to of been at that set, nearly 4hrs most definitely worth the money!

Florance, last night. Another long show 3:32.....
    Badlands
    No Surrender
    We Take Care of Our Own
    Wrecking Ball
    Death to My Hometown
    My City of Ruins
    Spirit in the Night
    Be True
    Jack of All Trades
    Trapped
    Prove It All Night
    Darlington County
    Burning Love
    Working on the Highway
    Shackled and Drawn
    Waiting on a Sunny Day
    The Way You Do the Things You Do
    634-5789
    The River
    The Rising
    Backstreets
    Land of Hope and Dreams

Rocky Ground
    Born in the USA
    Born to Run
    Hungry Heart
    Seven Nights to Rock
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Ave. Freeze-out
    Twist and Shout
    Who'll Stop the Rain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

3 and a half hours consistently? I'd question if the man is human!

The thread on Gigs and Events started by my good friend dixiefly is more popular, mods -is it possible to merge these two even though they're on different forums? Mars Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The thread on Gigs and Events started by my good friend dixiefly is more popular, mods -is it possible to merge these two even though they're on different forums? Mars Bar?

I don't mod music! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Hey there.

I don't see the harm in having a Springsteen thread in each forum, and merging them would be messy - discussions between posters would end up out of order, interrupted by posts from the other thread and vice versa. I think it'd be better to just keep 'em separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ahaboy

if a man was to queue for the pit next week lads what time and what side of rds would you go to. thanks in advance

Simmonscourt entrance is where the queue will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

isnt there 2 entrances into rds?? so whichever entrance is printed on ticket, thats where you queue??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I have a seated ticket for the 2nd night and was hoping to bring my camera (DSLR), but fear the events of last Saturdays debacle in the Phoenix park will mean the security will be more diligent at the RDS.

I wonder is bringing a camera (albeit a Nikon SLR), considered a big deal by security anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭T.C.O.B

poundhound wrote: »
    I have a seated ticket for the 2nd night and was hoping to bring my camera (DSLR), but fear the events of last Saturdays debacle in the Phoenix park will mean the security will be more diligent at the RDS.

I wonder is bringing a camera (albeit a Nikon SLR), considered a big deal by security anymore?

Couldn't see them ramping up the security because of last weeks gigs in the Park, slighlty different demographics, you should be fine (I suppose concel it the best you can going in all the same).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 springsteenf

Hey,

I have three seated tickets for Tuesday nights gig, two together one a few seats away. Looking to swap for 3 standing tickets if anyone interested.

Advertisement