Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

Bruce made an appearance last night in Asbury Park.

He showed up and played with The Gaslight Anthem - played American Slang

Video at the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-joins-the-gaslight-anthem-onstage-in-asbury-park-20111210

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

So where's everyone going? Post your itinerary here!
    For me (and some others on here I know) it'll be:

Berlin - tkts in hand, flights booked
    Manchester - tkts secured, hotel booked
    London - tkts secured, flights boooked, hotel booked
    Dublin x 2 - tkts secured

Would have loved to go to Paris but it's off my agenda............for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

how are the tickets for hard rock calling so cheap (£66)?? presume its a day long ticket? good bands all day then the boss to top it off! how bad eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Wow, nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brendanbelfast

El Pr0n wrote: »

Wow, nice one!
    Just Manchester, flights an tickets booked, and the 2 Dublin for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

just finishing college and broke, can't wait to have some income so I can do this kind of thing.

That set list you put up was awesome, I'd love to hear No Surrender and The Promised Land live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brendanbelfast

Happy and peaceful Christmas one and all. Maybe meet some of you in July 2012,

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Promise is on TG4 shortly...................1 am

There's a friend of ours in there somewhere.............they constantly showed DnD special for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

2012 finally here and looking forward to some great gigs at last. Been waiting too long. Will certainly be different without the Big Man as it was different when we lost Danny. Although the Big Man can never be replaced Charlie fitted in comfortably in Danny's spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Going to my first Springsteen gig on the 18th :) Just curious, what's the deal to get Pit Passes? heard of people queing in a car park or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

well i usually just head down to entrance at about 4ish and wait for gates to open!

We Take Care of our Own

New single out tomorrow (19th)on Amazon.com

51zbKPfZFmL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Z1Y2QG/ref=dm_dp_trk1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326908802&sr=1-1

On itunes NOW - go get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

loverslane wrote: »
    Although the Big Man can never be replaced Charlie fitted in comfortably in Danny's spot.

That gurning idiot can never replace Phantom Dan.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Details on new album:

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

plus a preview of the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

That gurning idiot can never replace Phantom Dan.

:confused::confused:

Do you want Bruce to bring Danny back?

Charles has done OK and whoever is in the place of Clarence will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Frank03

:confused::confused:

Do you want Bruce to bring Danny back?

Charles has done OK and whoever is in the place of Clarence will be OK.

Nice chap too, had a chat with him in the Merrion a couple of years ago.....

Nice chap too, had a chat with him in the Merrion a couple of years ago.....

Agree he is really nice and v downtoearth.

• Advertisement

What are the thoughts on new single??

Not had a chance to listen to it properly yet but it is catchy.

Any of you follow LOD? Bruce in great singing voice and shape

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

i like it but the first thing that came to me when i heard it was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2uEjX7s-V0

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Very similar indeed.

I like his ambiguous lyrics, but it's going to be misinterpreted just like Born In The USA.

gilmour wrote: »
    i like it but the first thing that came to me when i heard it was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2uEjX7s-V0

Start is extremely like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGWR3uI3Qa0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Nice article on the Rolling Stones site.
    Bruce Springsteen's forthcoming album Wrecking Ball is largely composed of new music, but two songs on the LP (and one other track on the deluxe edition) were frequently played live on previous tours. It's unclear whether they've been re-worked in any substantial way, but these YouTube videos can give you a pretty good idea of what they'll sound like. Also, check out this official video for the new single We Take Care of Our Own.

1. "Land of Hope and Dreams"

When Bruce Springsteen reunited with the E Street Band in 1999 they didn't record a new album, but they did debut this stellar song on their tour. "Land of Hope and Dreams" was played at nearly every show on the 1999/2000 tour, and has been frequently revived since then. If Wrecking Ball is as angry as some reports suggest, it makes sense that he'd want to have a song towards the end of the album with an optimistic tone. It's also a chance to get Clarence Clemons on the album, presuming they are using an old recording of the track.

2. "American Land"

Bruce Springsteen's 2006 LP We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions was limited to covers of old folk songs, but when he hit the road behind the disc he unveiled this original song. It was introduced at Madison Square Garden as an "immigrant song for New York City," and it's about all of the immigrants that helped build this country. The song re-appeared on the E Street Band's Magic tour in 2007. He's already released a live version of the song from the Sessions Band tour, and it's unclear what version will be on the deluxe edition of Wrecking Ball. Its inclusion here is likely a knock at all the anti-immigrant hysteria on the right.

3. "Wrecking Ball"

In the summer of 2009, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band did a five-night stand at Giants Stadium shortly before it was demolished. He opened all of the shows with "Wrecking Ball," a song he wrote just for the occasion. On the surface, it's a song about the stadium – but Springsteen clearly is drawing parallels between himself and the resilience of the venue. It's unknown whether or not he modified the lyrics for the new album. Lines like "My home is here in the Meadlowands" may need to go, but who knows?

4. "We Take Care of Our Own"

"We Take Care of Our Own" is the first of the nine brand new songs from Wrecking Ball to get officially released. We've heard that the album has "unexpected textures – loops, electronic percussions," but this sounds like a pretty traditional E Street Band-style rock song. We could be wrong, but that certainly sounds like E Street band member Roy Bittan on keyboards. In the grand tradition of "Born in the USA" and "This Land Is Your Land," some critics have already declared it a jingoistic, chest-thumping, "America, **** Yeah!" song – but it seems crystal clear that Springsteen is suggesting that America is not living up to its ideals, or "taking care of our own."

Great to see LOHAD on it. On my wishlist to hear live. Have received manys a phonecall from friends during live performance but not had the privelege myself yet.

Likin this pic...

11sgieb.png

:D looking fit and rested

Anyone do the Bruce Passport? Brilliant.

http://www.brucespringsteen.it/DB/passport.aspx

Mine says this:
    Shows attended: 20, in 6 different cities, travelling
    over 5 countries.
    Listened to 167 different songs, from a gross total of 524
    which were played in the attended shows.
    The most listened songs during these shows was "The Promised
    Land", played 16 times, followed by "Born to run", played 16 times,
    and "Badlands", played 15 times.

• Advertisement

Love it Nick - must pass on to my Tramp buddies who do and are doing multiple gigs this tour. Am only able to make Barcelona x 2, Dub x 2 and Manchester so far this year.

Advertisement