Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wonder is my local Tesco worth a trip? Cant wait to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Give um a ring and see, the might have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brendanbelfast

cheesehead wrote: »
    There is a saying: "If you're Catholic when you're five years old, you're Catholic for the rest of your life"

While Bruce apparently is no longer a "practicing" Catholic, one can certainly tell he attended St. Rose of Lima elementary school back in the day. This is his most "Catholic" album yet. I look forward to listening to it in a single sitting.

There is religious imagery all over the album. Jack of all trades gives Jesus a mention, We are Alive... in fact it was the religion and the exhortation to violence that struck most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I always noticed Magic being full of religious imagery. It's all over it. He even mentions the stations of the cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

god damn it! hes done it again! f**kin excellent album! roll on july.........:D

• Advertisement

Wow, He was on fire last night on the Jimmy Fallon show. All the videos are in the link. A nice 'Whip My Hair' MkII song :P

http://theaudioperv.com/2012/03/03/bruce-springsteen-visits-fallon-videos/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bruce-springsteen-visits-fallon-videos

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Sexy and he knows it. Hilarious.

Besides he is looking great and sounding fabulous. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

This Depression has slowly snuck up on me...............on early listens I didn't listen closely enough to the lyrics, thought it was about economics, I think it's very personal - either about himself or someone close to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

This is fantastic listening. Cannot get over how good some songs are. Sticking it back on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

CiaranK wrote: »
    Wow, He was on fire last night on the Jimmy Fallon show. All the videos are in the link. A nice 'Whip My Hair' MkII song :P

http://theaudioperv.com/2012/03/03/bruce-springsteen-visits-fallon-videos/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bruce-springsteen-visits-fallon-videos
    Great rocking version of E Street Shuffle. Jack of All Trades is a stunning song.
    Dr. Nick wrote: »
    This Depression has slowly snuck up on me...............on early listens I didn't listen closely enough to the lyrics, thought it was about economics, I think it's very personal - either about himself or someone close to him.

I must admit this and We are Alive are the only two songs I am having problems with. Other than that, it is a really strong piece of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Great rocking version of E Street Shuffle. Jack of All Trades is a stunning song.

I must admit this and We are Alive are the only two songs I am having problems with. Other than that, it is a really strong piece of work.

We are Alive is a grower. Had it up really loud in the car today with the sun shining and it was epic. The 'Ring Of Fire' sample fits in perfectly.

The album is amazing. So much better than WOAD imo. It's incredible that Bruce is still able to come up with such a great record after 35 years. His best overall since The Rising and possibly his best lyrically since Nebraska imo.

Only Bruce could put a song as utterly fantastic as 'American Land' as a bonus track. I know it's old, but it's never been recorded for an album. So glad he kept it true to the original live recording.Same goes for Land Of Hope And Dreams - epic stuff:) Never thought I'd hear raping on a Bruce song, but Rocky Ground is one of my fave songs of his in a long time. Reminds me of 'My City Of Ruins'.

Really love all the songs but faves are 'Easy Money, Jack Of All Trades, This Depression, Death To my hometown,Wrecking Ball, Rocky Ground, Land Of Hope, American Land.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenso

Heard some of the stuff of his new album, it great. There just isn't artist like him anymore, its a real shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

SB-08 wrote: »
    Never thought I'd hear raping on a Bruce song...

That would be in appalling taste.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Guys anyone know how to set up an account on Sirius XM to hear the gig at the Apollo live on the 9th. It's looking for zip codes etc...

According to their website there is an app for iPhone but I can't find that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RadioNowhere

loverslane wrote: »
    Guys anyone know how to set up an account on Sirius XM to hear the gig at the Apollo live on the 9th. It's looking for zip codes etc...

According to their website there is an app for iPhone but I can't find that either.

I was trying to set one up aswell but no luck, tried entering zip codes that relatives of mine live in but no joy :( they must be able to tell i'm obviously not in the US.

Radio my friend lives close to the Apollo and I was explaining Sirius dilemma to her. Anyway she sent me this link which another friend of hers reckons would solve the problem.
    https://www.overplay.net/

Am sure the boot will be up fairly quickly though.

Radio I persevered and am now listening to E Street Radio on Sirius - use the zip code 11104 and it should get you set up - enjoy :D

Radio I persevered and am now listening to E Street Radio on Sirius - use the zip code 11104 and it should get you set up - enjoy :D

Thanks, got it set up easy peasy. Can't wait for the show! Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Wow what a gig that was. Jake done his uncle proud, the soul section, mother of god the horn section . Too many great performances to mention, Rocky Ground was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://brucespringsteen.net/

Death to my Hometown can be seen for this weekend only. Great stuff

gilmour wrote: »
    Wow what a gig that was. Jake done his uncle proud, the soul section, mother of god the horn section . Too many great performances to mention, Rocky Ground was fantastic.

With all my best intentions I fell asleep but have had couple of songs sent to me. Rocky was fantastic!!!!

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://brucespringsteen.net/

Death to my Hometown can be seen for this weekend only. Great stuff

He needs lessons in how to dance a proper jig before Dublin

gilmour wrote: »

I agree, Jake was unbelievable. My highlights were City of Ruins: 'Are we missing anybody? If you're here, and we're here, then they're here' and then in 10th ave 'And the change was made uptown when the Big Man joined the band' and music stopped dead to allow for nearly a minutes applause and cheer for C.
    Absolutely phenomenal and making me very excited for July!!

He needs lessons in how to dance a proper jig before Dublin

Maybe him and Jake can do a jig together, Jake was dancing across the stage in the tribute to Smokey Robinson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XwmrUVyqss

Tenth Avenue tribute was amazing.....

Fjuk me, what a show, as close to perfection as you're gonna get. The tributes to ex-members were perfect, just there, not in your face - really well done.

He was on fire!!! Not a lot got done in this house yesterday. Fantastic set list - well thought out. Even Sunny (my least favourite) fitted in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

and then in 10th ave 'And the change was made uptown when the Big Man joined the band' and music stopped dead to allow for nearly a minutes applause and cheer for C.
    Absolutely phenomenal and making me very excited for July!![/QUOTE]

wow!! how cool is that! what a tribute! roll on july, i cant flippin wait!:D

Advertisement