Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrowland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Just an oul' gearbag I reckon,should do the job nicely,hasn't let me down yet,plus I can bring it onto the flight with me,saves a few yoyo.

You purchasing the backpack?

I've been to a nice few festivals at this stage home and abroad,nearly always works out,doesn't stop a lot of freaking out in the meantime though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Ah id love the backpack but its all yoyos ya know haha. I dunno Ill see closer the time I suppose. Dont want anything i've to mind too much either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Are you not allowed split up the makings of a tent into normal bags no?

You can try but tent pegs won't be allowed in the cabin. I've seen some people get poles refused too (which is a much bigger problem).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i have a bag like the one above-i woouldnt go to a festival without it now.able to get tent, sleeping bag, the whole works into it. not too bad with the weight all on your back and you have your hands free then to carry bags of booze or that.

I found an aldi on google streetview in boom not too far away and another discount supermarket....be grand!

(im the overplanning worrying type)

Great find outta you,surely the shelves will be cleared nonstop.

• Advertisement

df1985 wrote: »
    i have a bag like the one above-i woouldnt go to a festival without it now.able to get tent, sleeping bag, the whole works into it. not too bad with the weight all on your back and you have your hands free then to carry bags of booze or that.

I found an aldi on google streetview in boom not too far away and another discount supermarket....be grand!

(im the overplanning worrying type)

Donal I like your thinking!! Great find. As Mikey said they'll prob be cleared out numerous times but they'll defo be worth a try.

Ive a checked in bag as part of my flight so as long as its under 20kg im happy!! What make is yours? see if I can price a similar one!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Quick question, I managed to get two Full madness passes in the ticket sales, But in the mad rush to get them i forgot to buy the dreamville tickets at the same time. I knew you had to buy them together but i just forgot at the time and i only realised my mistake when i tried to rejoin the queue and buy the passes sepearately which you were unable to do.
    Anyone know if they will be releasing more tickets for dreamville? The whole show seems badly organised tbh, i have emailed ID@T, and Dreamville and neither of them have got back to me yet.
    Anyone have a similar problem to myself?
    Any info at all would be much appreciated.

Quick question, I managed to get two Full madness passes in the ticket sales, But in the mad rush to get them i forgot to buy the dreamville tickets at the same time. I knew you had to buy them together but i just forgot at the time and i only realised my mistake when i tried to rejoin the queue and buy the passes sepearately which you were unable to do.
    Anyone know if they will be releasing more tickets for dreamville? The whole show seems badly organised tbh, i have emailed ID@T, and Dreamville and neither of them have got back to me yet.
    Anyone have a similar problem to myself?
    Any info at all would be much appreciated.

At the moment it doesn't look like there will be any more for sale but keep an eye for people selling them on. I think it's as good as any show that big could be organised. I suppose you have to realise the global demand for it! They have to have some types of rules in place....

But to answer your question id say your best bet is the secondary market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 awaitingdrummer

Hi fellow Tomorrowlanders!

I got full madness passes for myself and my girlfriend but didn't realise at the time that we would also need to get Dreamville tickets. Judging by the prices on viagogo for Dreamville tickets I figure I was not the only one to do this.

My question is this: We have not booked flights over yet - is it viable to drive over to Belgium, sleep in the car near the festival itself? Or should we book flights, and find some accomodation?

From anyone's experience can you advise me what is the best option? I would pay ~100 for a camping ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Thinking of flying into amsterdam as suggested by ronanc15 - stay 1 night and get train in the morning to brussles airport [Hotel Near Here]. Drop bags in hotel and get train to Mecheien and taxi to Tomorrowland :) anyone got any reliable taxi numbers :) ??

• Advertisement

Thinking of flying into amsterdam as suggested by ronanc15 - stay 1 night and get train in the morning to brussles airport [Hotel Near Here]. Drop bags in hotel and get train to Mecheien and taxi to Tomorrowland :) anyone got any reliable taxi numbers :) ??

Im now thinking of taking my own advice and heading for the Dam on the 25th, stay for a night and head for Boom the next day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 caramel0

Hi fellow Tomorrowlanders!

I got full madness passes for myself and my girlfriend but didn't realise at the time that we would also need to get Dreamville tickets. Judging by the prices on viagogo for Dreamville tickets I figure I was not the only one to do this.

My question is this: We have not booked flights over yet - is it viable to drive over to Belgium, sleep in the car near the festival itself? Or should we book flights, and find some accomodation?

From anyone's experience can you advise me what is the best option? I would pay ~100 for a camping ticket.

Why don't you stay in a hotel or hostel?

Im now thinking of taking my own advice and heading for the Dam on the 25th, stay for a night and head for Boom the next day :)

Is there a direct train to brussles int from the dam ? its gonna cost 60 euro return from the dam + a nite there. Im struggling now :(

Flights from dublin are now 316 incl baggage [To Brussles Int]

Question for ye lads, if I decide to hit the Dam first and fly into there, when Im getting the train to belgium do I have to go the whole way to Brussels then another train out to mechelen or boom?

SCRATCH THAT - just found this which has the stops on the intercity train. Mechelen is one!! Excellent

Thalys InterCity Brussel
    Amsterdam Central Amsterdam Central
    Schiphol Schiphol
    The Hague HS
    Rotterdam Central Rotterdam Central
    Dordrecht
    Roosendaal
    Antwerp Central Antwerp Central
    Mechelen
    Brussels North^
    Brussels Central^
    Brussels South(Midi) Brussels South (Midi)^

Get the train to Antwerp.

The high speed train takes 1hr 13mins & costs €47.

edit:just realised you figured it out.

94 days and counting......

Cant come soon enough!

Cant come soon enough!

How you gettin from Mechelen to Boom

Bus or taxi no doubt.

90 days to go.......

• Advertisement

Changed my flights anyway, flying into the Dam on the 25th, there for a night then over to Boom on the 26th for the pre-party :)

Any ideas on places in amsterdam to pick up tents etc

Changed my flights anyway, flying into the Dam on the 25th, there for a night then over to Boom on the 26th for the pre-party :)

Any ideas on places in amsterdam to pick up tents etc

http://www.bever.nl/index.cfm/fuseaction/main.shops/id_shop/113

Jesus the prices are fair steep on that site!!

Ya noticed that.

Reckon we'll just get 2 6 man(in reality they're a 4 man tent) pro action tents between 4 of us in Argos for €70 each and bring them over with us,€30 to check each in in then. At least it will save us the worry of finding a half decent tent over there somewhere.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=6+man+pro+action+tent&authToken=

You can also buy tents at the festival.

Thought it was only camping supplies like sleeping bags etc that you could buy over there.

Is it defo 30 euro to check them in. couldnt find that anywhere on the website

Ya it's the same as sports equipment,€30 with Aer Lingus anyways.

No they've tents and the whole lot,I posted the link up there a few weeks back.

Here it is:
    http://www.tentenzo.be/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 P.Rob

Hay all, just found this thread. Myself and two friends will be flying from Dublin on the 24th and arriving in Amsterdam at 8:40AM, gonna spend 2 nites there and then head down to Boom to arrive at dreamville for the 26th. Meeting up in Amsterdam does sound like an awsome plan

83 days to go....

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    83 days to go....

Cant believe next month is June. it will be here in no time

• Advertisement

That's for sure,won't feel it now and it'll be upon us. Must get my saving boots on big time :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement