Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrowland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Im going on a timoco package from London. the credit card holders name can go on all the tickets but they have to be there. read that on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vishnumalani

df1985 wrote: »
    Im going on a timoco package from London. the credit card holders name can go on all the tickets but they have to be there. read that on the site.

Hey.. I booked it on my credit card and the pdf e-ticket they sent me has my name on it. It didn't ask for the second name though and my package is for two people. Is your package for one or two pax?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Are all tickets for this personalised? As in they're all tied to the original buyer to prevent people reselling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Toast wrote: »
    Are all tickets for this personalised? As in they're all tied to the original buyer to prevent people reselling them?

Surely if in some case the original buyer cant go and gives/sells his ticket to someone that should be alloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vishnumalani

The original buyer has to be present as far as I know. It makes things pretty inconvenient I feel. As far as the packages go it may be possible to change the names according to timoco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Only time will tell I guess but i'd be pretty confident that they won't check names eventhough it says so on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

At Pukkelpop and Rock Wrecther they do check names against the ticket - but easy enough get Fake ID online.

Do ID&T run them also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Is there certain types of IDs required or is it any photo ID in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dont fancy this festival at all, it looks like all the super commercial dance tosh in the one place, like the opposite of Life Festival which is all the best in underground electronica, also looks like too many people there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Hey.. I booked it on my credit card and the pdf e-ticket they sent me has my name on it. It didn't ask for the second name though and my package is for two people. Is your package for one or two pax?

its for two people, I gave both seperate names but as Im aware I could just have put my name on both as credit card holder.

Great News! Paylogic have confirmed that if you buy a ticket from someone just get a photocopy of their ID and bring it with you and they'll let you in!! if anyone needs to offload tickets I have a list of people waiting to buy them, just let me know by PM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Great News! Paylogic have confirmed that if you buy a ticket from someone just get a photocopy of their ID and bring it with you and they'll let you in!! if anyone needs to offload tickets I have a list of people waiting to buy them, just let me know by PM!!
    I have four tickets here and they all just have my name on them. They never asked me to put different names on each ticket or anything like that?

clonadlad wrote: »
    ronanc15 wrote: »
    I have four tickets here and they all just have my name on them. They never asked me to put different names on each ticket or anything like that?

thats no hassle. as long as your ID is presented then happy days.

Are people planning on buying camping equipment before Tomorrowland or buying it at the festival itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 stacey25

Comrade C wrote: »
    Any1 heading to this unbelievable event this year? :D ! I can't wait!! If you havn't heard of it check out this link :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7CdTAiaLes

woww

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Are people planning on buying camping equipment before Tomorrowland or buying it at the festival itself?

I was at creamfields last year and brought my tent and sleeping bag (the essentials)-anything else we got there (camping chairs etc).less ye carry the better-we were wrecked! my cocern is finding a supermarket nearby for beer and everything else. going by some pics dreamville is a trek from tomorrowland itself.

df1985 wrote: »
    I was at creamfields last year and brought my tent and sleeping bag (the essentials)-anything else we got there (camping chairs etc).less ye carry the better-we were wrecked! my cocern is finding a supermarket nearby for beer and everything else. going by some pics dreamville is a trek from tomorrowland itself.

Reckon we might buy 2 tents between 4 in Brussels and bring them from there. Can buy the rest of the stuff here in the camping site:
    http://www.tentenzo.be/

If worse comes to worst we might just buy a few small tents here.

Ya the drink is my main concern,be some trek to carry it all the way from Brussels along with your stuff,plus you'd want a nice bit of drink as you wouldn't want to run out.

Would be handy to just purchase it in the local town itself once you have your tent and stuff set up.

Same as that, they're my two main thoughts now. Im tempted to bring the tent over with me, split the makings of it up between all our bags.

The drink is a good question, going to ask around and see what the story is with it. Im also going to buy one of those hydration backpacks - this type of thing http://www.londonskaters.com/review-camelbak-rogue-hydration-backpack.html

Should be able to get into the festival with it, handy way to bring in your own drink!!

Think it's €30 to check in a tent with Aer Lingus. I think it was Lidl had camping gear on offer last week,some great deals there.

Definitely worth a try with the hydration pack anyways.

• Advertisement

We won't actually be going to Antwerp though.

We'll be getting off at Mechelen.

Probaly just stay in Brussels Wednesday night,Antwerp Thursday Night and head out on the train to Boom from Antwerp Friday morning,seems the handiest.
    Saying that,it sounds mad to travel all the way to Antwerp when there's no need to,as Tomorrowland is half way between Brussels and Antwerp.

After much deliberating I've decided on this:

Wednesday - Arrive in Brussels,acquire tents and stay for 1 night.

Thursday - Get the train out to Mechelen,get our drink there and get a taxi as close to the entrance as possible. Set up camp and enjoy the pre party which starts at 14:00

Friday - Sunday: Tomorrowland

Monday - Train to Antwerp and then a train onto Amsterdam.

103 days and counting......

Mr.S wrote: »
    if your bringing a hiking bag, like this:

Hiking-Bag-NEBRASKA-50-.jpg

Then you can just attach the tent to the bottom and check it all in as one, saves you checking the tent in by itself:)

You can pick up tents in the bigger supermarkets around brussels/antwerp if you want to, you'd get a decent one for cheap.

Drink, best thing to do would be to buy it in Antwerp, no need to buy it in Brussels.

Handy travel info:

http://www.tomorrowland.be/bi/Airport_-_TL_2012.pdf

How much would a bag like that set you back generally? Sounds like a good option. Are you not allowed split up the makings of a tent into normal bags no?
    MikeyGorse wrote: »
    After much deliberating I've decided on this:

Wednesday - Arrive in Brussels,acquire tents and stay for 1 night.

Thursday - Get the train out to Mechelen,get our drink there and get a taxi as close to the entrance as possible. Set up camp and enjoy the pre party which starts at 14:00

Friday - Sunday: Tomorrowland

Monday - Train to Antwerp and then a train onto Amsterdam.

103 days and counting......

sounds good. Im arriving Friday so I suppose I'll get the train to Antwerp and onto Mechelen. Unless theres a train straight to Mechelen. Shuttle bus then from Mechelen to Boom!

Mechelen is on the Brussels to Antwerp line,halfway between,you could just get a train to Mechelen and then get a bus or a taxi to Boom,shouldn't cost that much.

Where you flying into?

Totally just confused myself there. Flying into Brussels. Why does that TL page say go to Boom on the Friday or Mechelen on the Saturday or Sunday

It's just telling ya how to get the free shuttle bus.

It makes more sense if you're flying into Brussels just to get the train to Mechelen and then just get a public bus(not official shuttle buses) or a taxi to Tomorrowland,rather than travelling the whole way to Antwerp just to get a free shuttle bus.

Ya agreed, Mechelen is only 5 or 6 miles from Boom anyway!

Taxi should cost no more than €30 either,divide that by a few people then,handy out.

Stock the taxi with booze etc :) (hopefully they'll have those wheelbarrows at the campsite entrance,everything will have worked out like a dream then)

• Advertisement

Here's hoping it all goes that smoothly man haha. You bringing a backpack like the one above?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement