Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Daly - she's bloody intolerable

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Kind of like the Russian version of Fox News so.

Ah they're a bit better than fox news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

The woman is a an absolute hypocritical gombeen. Particularly giving out about bono whilst continuing her close friendship with that cheat wallace.

She gets worse with every bit of rubbish that comes out of her mouth. An embarassment to the country. The people that voted her in really should be very embarrased.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Ah they're a bit better than fox news
    Really? She claims to be a fan of 1984 but neither she nor anyone else in the studio noticed the party slogan was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

There is no question that he is a traitor, whether people believe his trechary was justified is a different matter.

Undermining the national security of a country is generally grounds for charges of treason.
    The point is Claire the Clown shoulwed herself up as a gombeen again yesterday by attempting to draw comparisons between him and Tony Cascarino!

That really annoyed me, he has adopted by a person entitled to an Irish passport making him entitled to one. She'd have had a better argument if she went after the Dan O'Brien (fromer Canadian track & field athlete) case who failed to get the passport in time for one of the Olympics and ended up competing for the Swiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Does anyone find this woman totally intolerable ?
    I hear her spouting idealistic nonsense constantly always with a huge chip on her shoulder towards anyone that earns above the minimum wage.
    She is also consistently making up figures to support her argument and seems to have little or know knowledge or at least ill conceived ideas.

I wonder how she sleeps at night when she earns 100k per annum and most of the people who voted for her are on the bread line ?

Mod Addition

By all means feel free to criticise Ms Daly's policies and views, but lets have no more of this cheap and petty namecalling nonsense.

Either make your point in a reasonable and adult fashion, or find somewhere else to make it

Cheers

DrG

I'm not fond of some of the ideas of the left in this country (by some I mean nearly all). I have to say though for someone with a problem with Clare Daly you seem to share some of her ideals as evident by the bit I bolded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

SpaceTime wrote: »

I always find that channel kind of weird, they are *very* critical (and often quite justifiably) about everyone else while sitting in Moscow and not saying boo about Putin and what's going on over there. At least, that's my experience of watching it anyway.

in fairness it's not much different to CNN sitting in Washington following the US line on pretty much every foreign policy issue (minimal dissent is permitted on domestic matters)
    antoobrien wrote: »
    Undermining the national security of a country is generally grounds for charges of treason.
    ""...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." On behalf of which foreign govt did Snowden act?

Glad to see someone in Dail Eireann speaking out, in support of Snowden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The woman is a an absolute hypocritical gombeen. Particularly giving out about bono whilst continuing her close friendship with that cheat wallace.

She gets worse with every bit of rubbish that comes out of her mouth. An embarassment to the country. The people that voted her in really should be very embarrased.

Note to anyone who dares speak their mind in future, who dare put forward their point of view, who dare question those who are in control of the whole corrupt system, and to those who dare to look for explanation and justice. You had better stay quiet, because you will be considered an embarrassment to the country otherwise. Stay quiet, keep your head down, do as your told, be a sheep and let those who have truly embarrassed this country and made it the laughing stock of the world do their 'ting' sorting it out. :rolleyes:

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Note to anyone who dares speak their mind in future, who dare put forward their point of view, who dare question those who are in control of the whole corrupt system, and to those who dare to look for explanation and justice. You had better stay quiet, because you will be Oooconsidered an embarrassment to the country otherwise. Stay quiet, keep your head down, do as your told, be a sheep and let those who have truly embarrassed this country and made it the laughing stock of the world do their 'ting' sorting it out. :rolleyes:

Dunno where you got that rant from but its not what I said. She is an embarrassment. Nothing in her obama/bono rant exposed corruption. It was just clare liking the sound of her own voice. Do you not agree her remarks on bono were hypocritical to say the least?

Daly and her supporters love to shout and roar but god help anyone who might try to criticise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

goose2005 wrote: »
    ""...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." On behalf of which foreign govt did Snowden act?

Article 3 Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution states:
    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

In doing what he did, Snowden gave the enemies of the US "Aid and Comfort".

• Advertisement
Advertisement