Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Nov4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Skid wrote: »
    I'm still not sure If I have been violated or taken part in a new Reality show 'Kid-Nap with me'

But I had good company (JA & AMD), good wine, and from what i can remember, the food was decent

It's all a blur, but I am in a taxi going home, seatbelt on, it's a ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu0POVqsms5DP1f_KTfuEBgCWpy3ez4jhckpAnlEQJMl0iLNLh

from me!

And eh, the cheque is in the post for the food, that's as good as money :)

Ah Skid you're a nice amenable chappie!

And well it did you.

Poor JA on the other hand......

.....Well lets not ever mention his name again in these parts.... (we don't want AmDub to get in trouble with the authorities - we'd miss her on the thread)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Think I'm going to kidnap me Diddler next week :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Eh helloooo!!!

Ladies!!!
    amdublin wrote: »
    ATTENTION!

Office on deck!!

:eek:
    Diddler! MrsD!
    An officer and a Gentleman on rte one NOW!!!!

You're welcome :D

ATTENTION!

Office on deck!!

Diddler! MrsD!

You're welcome :D

YES Ma'am!

Nooooo :eek:

Unless you are going to feed me Vodka until I collapse on your couch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 dshalloo

Random enough question:

Does anyone know where I can get an advert list of the ads that where shown during the late late show. Cant remeber what the ad was but I am looking for the song.

It weant kind of like this:

"The lines above the sea" and kind of had an indie/electric background.

Anyone please help, its driving me mental!

Thank you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

If you have a bottle of Midleton open I'll gladly let you kidnap me too !

Lapin wrote: »
    If you have a bottle of Midleton open I'll gladly let you kidnap me too !

OK hands up who else wants to be kidnapped by AmDub?!

You've to bring pizza with you. And vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

And If anyone out there is considering a Kidnapping, I can heartily endorse AmDub's services. You won't find a more satisfying kidnapping experience :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mr Tubridy once again proving why he is above all others when it comes to the medium of interviewing. A masterclass by any other name..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I agree the westlife interview, all 2 minutes of it I watched was awful...I'm sure the rest of it was equally dreadful.

It was like watching an MC at a Karaoke night interview someone who had just sang and making out they were the greatest ever...

Ryan makes Pat Kenny seem interesting...and that's no mean feat...

He's a p*ss poor Gay Byrne imitator, at least Byrne had charisma and was a little bit original in his day...Ryan just mimicks him with his "did ya like that" after every interview, band, act and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

So reviewing the guest list on the late late show again and this thread...

Over the hill boyband who are about to break up (or just got back together) - check

Really sick person who makes us all feel better because we aren't them - check

1980s singer - check

Mediocre Irish comedian - check

B List UK singer/actor/reality tv star - check

That really is the template for the average LLS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just in the door.. watching the repeat.. and starting the drinking... Oh look it's that "band" Westlife .. Where's Brian ? ;-)

Lighthouse... jaysus.. There's more chance of them hitting a lighthouse than hitting number one with that..

Just in the door.. watching the repeat.. and starting the drinking... Oh look it's that "band" Westlife .. Where's Brian ? ;-)

Lighthouse... jaysus.. There's more chance of them hitting a lighthouse than hitting number one with that..

Free at last, free at last !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Mario Rosenstock was gas.

Free at last, free at last !!!!!!

Just reading along with the thread... The other lads seem alright, but that Kian Egan lad is "some dose" to quote an earlier poster... Sitting back talking like they are the fkn Beatles...

Just reading along with the thread... The other lads seem alright, but that Kian Egan lad is "some dose" to quote an earlier poster... Sitting back talking like they are the fkn Beatles...

I feel like John McCarthy, talking to Terry Waite ...

Acid test, how any Westlife songs can most people remember?

'World of our own' and 'Flying without wings' were decent, but it was mostly dreary mid-tempo dirge which nobody will dwell upon in years to come.

I feel like John McCarthy, talking to Terry Waite ...

You can write about it in your memoirs. Then you'll get to go on the LLS to promote it and bore the living daylights out of us along with Tubs on a Friday night.

What are you going to call the book that outlines your experiences in captivity?

Well you're some man. Strolling in cool as a cucumber after we've been worried about you all night :(

• Advertisement

You can write about it in your memoirs. Then you'll get to go on the LLS to promote it and bore the living daylights out of us along with Tubs on a Friday night.

What are you going to call the book that outlines your experiences in captivity?

Skidnapped

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjuprZco6k2Cn2coti0g2uZ2hLxiLMxgqmxfFhzcR8de5MqxM3

Misery. Trauma. Terror. Fear.
    Locked up Underground, No Hope of being Found.

"Almost my perfect book, it just needed an illness" Ryan Tubridy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Laois_Man wrote: »
    he wouldn't hate married anyone from outside Templenoe. It's their natural instinct to produce inbreads and Tralee is a good 60 miles away!
    Inbreads?Dident know Spillane was into baking.

Just got the call from Tubs.. I'm on next week's show... "My night of horror with Amdub"...

(apparently a few of her other dates are appearing on the show as well.. ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

"Almost my perfect book, it just needed an illness" Ryan Tubridy

I can't believe that Tubs missed your chapter on PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder :mad: There was plenty of illness in the book, poor research done by Mr. Tubridy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Just got the call from Tubs.. I'm on next week's show... "My night of horror with Amdub"...

(apparently a few of her other dates are appearing on the show as well.. ;) )

Thanks to your bravery Mr Anon, I am now strong enough to come forward and reveal that what happened to you, also happened to me. I'll be in the audience on Friday supporting you and shouting 'hear hear' (In the style of Norris)

ATTENTION!
    Officer on deck!!
    Diddler! MrsD!
    Thanks for that Amdublin, went to bed early last night but I sky+ed it so I'll watch it tonight. Oh, I do like Mr. Gere.

I was thinking about next Friday night, we should give the LLS a miss. I think that you, me and Diddler should get together for a girlie night, I'll bring my entire Colin Firth DVD collection, a few bottles of vino and maybe I will be able to take another Midleton from Mr. D's drinks cabinet.

We could try to round up a few of the other ladies too, Jos28, Greentopia, Sardy, Callen 57, Hondasam, I'm sure I'm forgetting someone....

Are ye on? :D

Thalidomide woman very brave. My aunt gave birth to a baby in 1958... Her first baby. She had taken thalidomide while pregnant And had a baby girl who had encephalitis and the doctors would not let her even see her before she died after 6 hours. She was taken and buried in the angel plot in Glasnevin. She was haunted by it for years and years....another dispicable aspect of Irish history....
    Grants fairy - Your post really affected me last night, there aren't words to describe how tragic and cruel what happened to your aunt was. I'm not surprised that the poor woman was haunted by what happened to her. I'm sorry for her loss and I hope she eventually found some peace and happiness.

Skidnapped! Ha ha ha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

missed everything last night thats a first
    so could somebody summarise the late late sick illness book promotion show.please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

jimmynokia wrote: »
    missed everything last night thats a first
    so could somebody summarise the late late sick illness book promotion show.please.
    Westlife cringefest followed by Pat Spillane talking sh1te, then armless thalomide sufferer and her legless lover, then Johnny Depp lookalike Adam Ant dressed as a pirate and finally Mario Rosenstock dressed as Joan Burton.

All in all a great big pile of steaming sh1te.

Advertisement