Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM Class of 2011- the continuing challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Name|Sessions|Distance|Total|Comments|
    BobMac104|3|15m|15m|Looking forward to getting back to regular running this week|
    Younganne|4|14m|14m|enjoyed the easy pace this week
    red face dave|3|11|11m|Great to be back at it.
    Nules10 |4|14|14| Aww i hope i haven't fecked up the table have forgotten how to do it :o
    Conseng|4|12m|12m|knee pain gone thankfully
    run44|3|10m|10m|Once I got out and running, really enjoyed it.
    shazkea|3|12m|12m|Non DCM-er following a 3 run/wk plan coming back after a few months not running
    KittyMittens|4|9.5m|9.5m|Thanks!|
    Cutex|2|6m|6m|leg almost recovered, looking forward to lots more running!
    sunflowerro|4|17.5m|17.5m|just about survived the 8 mile cool down race :o|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Jingle Bells 5km - 03/12/11
    shazkea - time depends on direction we do Kyber! Will post once route confirmed
    Nules10 - going to run this with a friend her first race and doesn't want to do it on her own...she will probably kill me :)
    Younganne - first 5k race so aiming for 27mins

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11
    run44 - Would like to get a sub 43mins time to achieve a PB

Waterford Half Marathon - 10/12/11
    nules10- will see what i can do about a sub2. but not holding out much hope
    Red face dave- Would love a sub 1.50 and my second aim is to beat last year time. But 1.50 is main goal

Clonliffe 5km XMAS Cracker - 18/12/11

Clonakilty Marathon/half Marathon/10km 10/12/11
    BobMac104 _(Half marathon) Time... (eek)I'd love to do a 1:45 but the course is tough and a solid 1:50 would round off 2011 nicely for me

Fat Turkey Run - Howth 28/12/11
    Younganne 56:00:D post turkey maybe not achievable!!!:rolleyes:

shazkea - time depends on direction we do Kyber! Will post once route confirmed
    Nules10 - going to run this with a friend her first race and doesn't want to do it on her own...she will probably kill me :)
    sunflowerro - Havent a clue. I'm not very fast :)

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

Red face dave- Would love a sub 1.50 and my second aim is to beat last year time. But 1.50 is main goal

BobMac104 _(Half marathon) Time... (eek)I'd love to do a 1:45 but the course is tough and a solid 1:50 would round off 2011 nicely for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Ro how did you find the 8 miler - some little feckers of hills on last year's course anyway!

shazkea wrote: »
    Ro how did you find the 8 miler - some little feckers of hills on last year's course anyway!

Probably those same hills then. That one you see them use in bootcamp and the one up to the hurling pitches. After the rain on Friday it was a bit of a mud fest too. When it gets to the part where you dig deep and go "hey...you can do this" my head was like "Ehhhhh, I'm closed for business". Just didnt have the mentality for it :(

• Advertisement

Probably those same hills then. That one you see them use in bootcamp and the one up to the hurling pitches. After the rain on Friday it was a bit of a mud fest too. When it gets to the part where you dig deep and go "hey...you can do this" my head was like "Ehhhhh, I'm closed for business". Just didnt have the mentality for it :(

Course sounds different - 2 horrible ones last year crossing over the Kyber and up to cricket grnds (or some sports grounds) and then a mud one out of the lower furry glen. Either way I'm sure both years were as "interesting" as each other!
    I made a mess of last years one and had hoped to gain revenge this year. I'll have to park it till next year I think.

Good on you for running it and getting around. I can't imagine it would be easy a couple of weeks after a marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Jimh

BobMac104|3|15m|15m|Looking forward to getting back to regular running this week|
    Nules10 |4|14|14| Aww i hope i haven't fecked up the table have forgotten how to do it :o
    shazkea|3|12m|12m|Non DCM-er following a 3 run/wk plan coming back after a few months not running
    Jimh|4|20|20| In Dublin all week so no lunch runs this week|

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Jimh|4|20|20| In Dublin all week so no lunch runs this week|
    Kit3 |3|15.6|15.6|great to be out. Mad busy week coming so will do well to get out - real life getting in the way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Date|Distance|Time|Cal|Avg HR|Max HR|Ave PAca|Max Pace|Comment|
    15/11/11| 4.22|0:40:33|590|162|186|9:37|7.20| felt good, 1m= 9.55, 2m= 9.42, 3m= 9.41, 4m=9.20, 5m= 8.58|

Went for my 4 miler today and just ran, not easy but steady and i really enjoyed it...fed up going so slow...but must slow tomorrow or else i'll be fecked..
    It was a lovely sunny day, but my arms were freezing...time to did out the long sleeves!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Went for my maiden speed session with the local running club. We did 8x400m (90sec recovery) with 2 mile warmup and 2 mile warm down. I was fecked but really enjoyed it. There was some serious runners there. Ive no idea what times i was doing. The lead guys were low 70's i think and i was a good 8sec? or so off them depending. Really brings home the standard of "good" club runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Date|Distance|Time|Cal|Avg HR|Max HR|Ave PAca|Max Pace|Comment|
    15/11/11| 4.22|0:40:33|590|162|186|9:37|7.20| felt good, 1m= 9.55, 2m= 9.42, 3m= 9.41, 4m=9.20, 5m= 8.58|
    15/11/11|4m|0:37:25|370|. |. |9:19|. |felt really good on this run although leg still bit niggly, nearly there :)

Have to get myself a garmin so I can work out mile splits! Won't get out tonight so tomorrow it is.
    On another note since starting running I have lost no weight so have been struggling to see the changes. I went up to the Hell Fire club with the family for a walk on Sunday and one of my daughters decided she was way too tired to walk anymore, she's almost 8 and no one wanted to carry her. I put her on my back and strolled up the hill side, not a bother!!! Was delighted with myself, so there's where my training has gone. Must add I'm only 5' 1" and all other adults there were 6' plus :D

Thanks for setting up the table Anne, wouldn't have a clue myself!

Had my first run today with my new garmin. How did I ever do a marathon without it:). Who ever knew I could run a mile in a little over then 8 minutes.

Bloody hell Olympics here I come:D.

Is anyone else finding the third run in a row very tough on the legs.

Can't believe how far down our thread has fallen!

Nothing new to report just wanted to bump us up. How is everyone else going with their running? Starting to feel normal again?

Only 2 weeks left to Jingle Bells, am running it with my 12 year old so won't be racing, just as well don't think I'm up to that yet. Think the Raheny 5 mile will be perfect timing to race again, really want to get a good time in that one :)

We must have been posting same time Dave but you get on first!

Which garmin did u get? Still undecided on which one to go for. Am leaning towards 210, like the 305 but tried my brothers and it felt HUGE on my wrist.

Cutex wrote: »
    Which garmin did u get? Still undecided on which one to go for. Am leaning towards 210, like the 305 but tried my brothers and it felt HUGE on my wrist.

I've a 205 (same as 305 but without heart monitor). Felt like a brick when I first got it but honestly don't even notice any more. Love/hate relationship with my garmin...but I wouldn't be without it!

shazkea - time depends on direction we do Kyber! Will post once route confirmed route is up so time to declare time...26.xx

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

Cutex I got the forerunner 110 its basic but it will do the job. I think its perfect my friend got the 310, I thought it was just to big looking. The 110 is perfect on your arm.

Got it for 100 euro on wiggle. They have a deal on if you spend over 100 you get 15 euro off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I have the forerunner 110 too. Its basic but fine. Not sure if its any good for intervals though. but to be honest i make do with it. And 100e is a great price for it. Dave have you had a sports massage sine the marathon i had one yesterday and my run today went great. might just help to loosen them out. I am going again next week as my injury still needs a bit of sorting out.

shazkea wrote: »
    shazkea - time depends on direction we do Kyber! Will post once route confirmed route is up so time to declare time...26.xx

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

Ohhh shaz you mean business :cool:

Nules not didn't have one yet I was thinking about it but I was just going to leave it until before Waterford. But maybe that would be the way to go alright they do feel very tight. Good thinking Nules. How is training coming along all set to break the record.

• Advertisement

Nules not didn't have one yet I was thinking about it but I was just going to leave it until before Waterford. But maybe that would be the way to go alright they do feel very tight. Good thinking Nules. How is training coming along all set to break the record.

Yeah you should definitely get one done sooner rather than later, its so uncomfortable running when muscles are tight. I just felt they needed a helping hand. Hmmm record :rolleyes: i will give it a lash anyway. need to get a few intervals or tempo runs in in the next few weeks. How is yours going you looking to break 1:50? what is your current PB

The pb is 1.51.36 but that was fairly downhill. Did Waterford last/this year in January in 2.04.

Would love to get a 1.49 but it depends on how the legs feel on the day.
    Going to book a message tomorrow to see will it work.

The pb is 1.51.36 but that was fairly downhill. Did Waterford last/this year in January in 2.04.

Would love to get a 1.49 but it depends on how the legs feel on the day.
    Going to book a message tomorrow to see will it work.

yep i am the same. sure all we can do is try and now that you have your Garmin there will be no stopping you. Definitely get the massage. are you doing the extra run this weekend too. Will be interesting to see how i feel on sunday after 5 days of running :eek:

How far is Saturday and Sunday's run?

How far is Saturday and Sunday's run?

both are "only" 60 mins each. sounds doable :rolleyes: what downhill half was that you did? just in case waterford doesnt happen always good to have another plan in place :)

Killarney Maxi Marathon. It was good until you get into the park and then it was very up and down little hills. Also Kildare was quiet flat.

Bloody hell 60 mins sounds easy but its tough with these auld tired legs I will get one of them in at least.

hmm me and Kildare don't get on well... that was my failed sub 2 attempt this year(2:03) and i did sh1t loads of speed training for that followed by dublin fail number two :rolleyes: hmm there is a pattern emerging here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

meijin - no idea about time, hopefully less than 25

Aware 5 Miles - 10/12/11

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hi, how is the week going for everyone so far? its not going to plan so far for me.... did my 4m on Tuedsay no problem, didn't get out on Wed, tried to do the treadmill yesterday but only managed 2.5m...finally gave up...went to kettlebells last night , it was tough but enjoyed it, 1st class since the week before Marathon so felt it everywhere but am fine today....except for the sore throat, cough and ear ache, tired and can't get warm ( i know a run would warm me but noone to mind the kids)...
    young lad has chest infection so its in the house...hope to shake it before it takes hold...so not sure what running if any i'll get done the rest of the week, but just continue when i can....
    Life sometimes just gets in the way of me becoming a really fast runner!!!!;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Week is a bit jumbled here also. two runs on tuesday (what a pro:rolleyes:) none on wednesday. ran yesterday and this morning and decided to run a half this sunday (i know i know :o) but a few friends are going and it looks like fun so i said id go. Wont run hard will probably do it at DCM marathon pace ~9:05 min miles. waiting for the:mad: from e.coli..

Advertisement