Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying MW3: Availability/Price - Post Here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

loads playing already , my impressions on MP , bit like MW2 but faster , sort of a bastard child of MW2 and black ops. just played 3 maps, they seem decent. if you are looking for something completely new , it's not. but if (like me ) love COD in general its seems a good game so far. team deathmathch is not my game by choice, will see how i go in SnD once i get a few things unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

NeVeR wrote: »
    My mate has it already.

A shop in long mile was selling it.

What shop? you'd be doing them a favour by telling us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

http://www.1up.com/news/playing-modern-warfare-3-early-can-get-you-banned

Anyone thinking of playing the game early should read this first, you will more than likely get away with it but there still is a chance of getting banned

EDIT: Also -

994eec464328f812603fb0b7b8ef929f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Ah he wouldn't be lying about it.

I seen pictures of him with it in the car and playing it.

They have none left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Why do so many youtubers seem to have the game early? Find it stupid if they were giving copies just so the could whore it out...get to know the maps, get all the unlocks etc. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Have played multiplayer on and off in the last 48 hours, no sign of a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

DoubleD wrote: »
    Have played multiplayer on and off in the last 48 hours, no sign of a ban.

Probably because your playing on Playstation. Their much stricter on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Shammy wrote: »
    You won't get banned for playing spec-ops or the campaign , but you will get banned if you go on the servers until game release.
    What servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Botulism wrote: »
    What servers?

Multiplayer servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Showars

Yeah you don't get banned even playing it online. I was in an Xbox Live party with JD 2020 (I'm friends with all the "big" YouTubers) when Juicetra prestiged, you're fine to play online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Showars wrote: »
    Yeah you don't get banned even playing it online. I was in an Xbox Live party with JD 2020 (I'm friends with all the "big" YouTubers) when Juicetra prestiged, you're fine to play online

Is that actually M40A3 Showars? Cool man I'm subbed to your YT, you have some good ole Irish commentaries :)

BTW, nice intro to the forum, "yeah so I'm like friends with like all the big youtubers and stuff, gotta get that youtube monaay" :P I was following that argument on Twitter with JD2020 and Kaables about JD being trippled in MW3, twas funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Showars

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Is that actually M40A3 Showars? Cool man I'm subbed to your YT, you have some good ole Irish commentaries :)

BTW, nice intro to the forum, "yeah so I'm like friends with like all the big youtubers and stuff, gotta get that youtube monaay" :P I was following that argument on Twitter with JD2020 and Kaables about JD being trippled in MW3, twas funny

haha yeah it is, didn't mean it like that XD I have another account but the email address was hacked and stuffs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I have mine pre ordered in Blanch. When you guys were in line did they make you wait inside or outside the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

14murphy wrote: »
    I have mine pre ordered in Blanch. When you guys were in line did they make you wait inside or outside the shop.

I got battlefield in dun laoghaire and they had pizza and all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

NeVeR wrote: »
    My mate has it already.

A shop in long mile was selling it.

Yeah my brother got it from him yesterday morning. All his mates are playing it online aswell.

queue for black ops was around the shop and out the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Finical wrote: »
    Why do so many youtubers seem to have the game early? Find it stupid if they were giving copies just so the could whore it out...get to know the maps, get all the unlocks etc. :p

I would think most of them paid way over the odds for it. But even if they were given it early, people like TmarTn and Woody have hundreds of thousands of subs, they are better advertising than IGN or gamespot given they have the trust element behind them of being real people. That said, AFAIK, they did pay for it, and paid a lot at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I got battlefield in dun laoghaire and they had pizza and all.
    Where they giving Pizza out ? Im wondering will they make me wait outside as the gamestop is in the shopping centre and then allow us in at 12.

I know in dundrum they let people in to queue at game and HMV from about 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

The store I work in got some "second hand" copies today, on sale for £65 :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

photo1mba.jpg

the game with my baileys and bulmers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Spoke to the manager of gamestop in Dun Laoghaire today about the midnight launch. He said that this year that he will open at 11 so people can pay and trade in games. Then at 12 hand out the copies paid for. Hopefully it wont be like last year, was waiting over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

redman85 wrote: »
    Spoke to the manager of gamestop in Dun Laoghaire today about the midnight launch. He said that this year that he will open at 11 so people can pay and trade in games. Then at 12 hand out the copies paid for. Hopefully it wont be like last year, was waiting over an hour.

He's a super nice guy. I was second in the que there last year, for blops the que was around the shop and out the door.

Do you really have to pre-order.. I'm sure they'll have ton's of copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ordin73

Does anyone know where the best freebies or special offers are on the night??..I see the Tesco extra stores are giving the first 5 customers the game for free.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Ordin73 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the best freebies or special offers are on the night??..I see the Tesco extra stores are giving the first 5 customers the game for free.:D

Have Tesco confirmed a price yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Have Tesco confirmed a price yet ?
    Tesco won't confirm the price until 12am it will be either €44.95 or a special introductory €35 like last year I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

2smiggy wrote: »
    photo1mba.jpg

Lucky B*stard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

2smiggy wrote: »
    photo1mba.jpg

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone asking shops if they are selling it ?

Advertisement