Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying MW3: Availability/Price - Post Here.

Options
  • 02-11-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Is there a consensus yet on where the best place to order this online is, so that it will probably arrive on its release date, or perhaps, if we're lucky, the day before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Is there a consensus yet on where the best place to order this online is, so that it will probably arrive on its release date, or perhaps, if we're lucky, the day before?

Both Gamestop.ie and Gamesnash.ie with express delivery guarantee that you will have it on the tuesday. Any site based outside of Ireland and its down to luck if you get it for release day, I know a few people got Black Ops from Shopto.net on the monday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

alot of people who ordered Battlefield with gamestop.ie didnt get it on release ay even with the express post etc. pre order in store is the only way to guarantee you will have it on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Become Shammy.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

srumball wrote: »
    alot of people who ordered Battlefield with gamestop.ie didnt get it on release ay even with the express post etc. pre order in store is the only way to guarantee you will have it on release day

Everyone who ordered Battlefield off us had it for release day. If you place an order for MW3 with us and choose express post you will get it for release day. :)

Quick edit to clarify ... That doesn't mean that we don't expect normal shipping to arrive until after release day ! It's just that we can 100% guarantee it with express.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Hi anyone know where a hardened edition of MW3 can be pre ordered still, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Hi anyone know where a hardened edition of MW3 can be pre ordered still, Thanks
    I'd say that would be slim

I'd actually say pop down to your GameStop or xtra vision and they will have loads of non reserved copies of MW3 I did that with BF3 and I even got my copy before those who preordered got theirs, glitch with computer at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭MikeMacca

i know all the stores try to undercut eachother but for us as consumers, are there any places offering great deals on mw3?
    i remember tesco ,on mw2 release date were selling it for 35 quid along with harvey norman if you showed them some ad they had in a paper
    any deals like that this year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

My first time pre-ordering a game is MW3 in gamestop.

I was wondering at the launch is there seperate queue's for people who have it pre-ordered so you can get it faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

My first time pre-ordering a game is MW3 in gamestop.

I was wondering at the launch is there seperate queue's for people who have it pre-ordered so you can get it faster?

Most of the people in the Q for black ops had in pre ordered. Walked down last year at 11.30 and was still in the Q at 1.30. Depends on the shop I guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

redman85 wrote: »
    Most of the people in the Q for black ops had in pre ordered. Walked down last year at 11.30 and was still in the Q at 1.30. Depends on the shop I guess

Thats what I dont want to happen.

I might leave it and go down at 10am or something. They keep my copy right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

If its pre ordered they will keep your copy yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 daryljames

Hi guys,
    Just a quick question to anyone who has also ever ordered of gamestop. My order is stated on the website as confirmed. What does this mean is it shipped yet? As when i preordered gears of war 3 (which also had a release date on a Tuesday) it was shipped on Friday. So I was just wondering anyone who has ordered of gamestop what is your order currently stating?
    appreciate all reply's,
    Daryl

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

My order also says confirmed , Was thinking it should definitely be dispatched this evening so i will recieve it on release day . Ordered it with Express delivery , Ordered BF3 with standard post , didnt get get til wednsday this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

if i where you i would go with tesco, generaly they dont tell you the price and i dont think you can pre order with them but if you go to tescos at the midnight launch they will have the game quite cheap so it would be worth trying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

I pre-ordered MW3 about 5 months ago on Gamestop.ie as i did with BF3, and i recieved that a day early. Anyone think this will happen with MW3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

sometimes you get games a day early from them but not always, it just varies on the post. its 50/50 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

I pre-ordered MW3 about 5 months ago on Gamestop.ie as i did with BF3, and i recieved that a day early. Anyone think this will happen with MW3?

theres a chance you could get it on monday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 daryljames

well depends as i ordered from gamestop and mine still says confirmed, so its hard to tell if they shipped it or not. But i got gears of war 3 early monday, although they did ship the game friday however if your status like mine which says confirmed i dont think will get it till tuesday with express delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

ugglasdav wrote: »
    if i where you i would go with tesco, generaly they dont tell you the price and i dont think you can pre order with them but if you go to tescos at the midnight launch they will have the game quite cheap so it would be worth trying :D

For FIFA 11 tesco where doing it for 35 for the first day. My brother went in at 12 and was told it was 50euro and not 35 euro till 8:00am. Worth asking what the story is before going in at twelve.

Trade in a certain game and get it for 99c in Game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

I was Black Op'n today and an irish lad in my friends list was playing it. It said he was playing Modern Warefare 3: Survival Mode in Resistance or something

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

SooooBored wrote: »
    I was Black Op'n today and an irish lad in my friends list was playing it. It said he was playing Modern Warefare 3: Survival Mode in Resistance or something
    yeah i saw a guy from Ireland doing the campaign, he said he got the game from an online distributor but won't say who or how much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JamesM15

To all parents buying games for children at christmas... Don't buy off Ken Blacks (smyths)
    In Carlow store.. for a 15+ PS2 game... €65.99... the same game in gamestop €2.99... I heard Mw3 there is going to be released for €60..or €55 if you have a card... try online... i bought red dead redemption and fifa 11 last christmas and saved a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

My mate has it already.

A shop in long mile was selling it.

NeVeR wrote: »
    My mate has it already.

A shop in long mile was selling it.Out the back of a lorry
    fixed that 4 you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

NeVeR wrote: »
    My mate has it already.

A shop in long mile was selling it.

Post the reciept here. If the release date is broken other shops can sell early.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

courier (niteline) just dropped off mine, i'd be thinking he was in my area and doing mondays work today ?! to go online or not ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    courier (niteline) just dropped off mine, i'd be thinking he was in my area and doing mondays work today ?! to go online or not ?

Why wouldn't you? They have already said you won't get banned for playing early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

iMuse wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you? They have already said you won't get banned for playing early.

You won't get banned for playing spec-ops or the campaign , but you will get banned if you go on the servers until game release.

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    You won't get banned for playing spec-ops or the campaign , but you will get banned if you go on the servers until game release.

Nope they confirmed that if you have a legit copy then playing online is not a problem, even 402 tweeted about it. Some the youtube guys are almost 2nd prestige already :confused:

Advertisement