Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nope will probably be ages. valve like to perfect things.

invoker ftw but i dont know how to play him yet haven ever tried....10 spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I STILL havent got a key for this ! Disgusted :( such a loyal Steam customer too :(
    I'm not gonna want to play it or buy it on release if everyone has already played it and the skill gap is too big.

Is there anyone here who never played any of these games (DOTA, LOL, HON) , who got a key, and is really enjoying it ? I'd like their take on the game

The skill gap is going to be massive between new players and experienced players either way, if anything on release there'll be a much larger percentage of new players than there is in the beta.

I'm playing with someone who's never played any DOTA-type game before (as far as I know) and is enjoying it. The important thing is they always ask for advice on how they should play/what they should buy on a given hero when trying them out, and listen to the more experienced players on the team during the matches.

As long as you're willing to take advice from teammates and able to take the inevitable rage/flames from somepeople you're going to be paired with, learning the game shouldn't be too difficult for a new player. I'd advise finding people to play with from here when you get in to minimise that aspect of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

People that are experienced in these games will this game be a hit? I've been checking out vids and I love to get my hands on it, looks class.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It will be a massive hit, it has huge tournaments in beta, is made by valve and has a pre-existing giant community. Also it is really good! Has a huge following already.

as for new players, I think seye from boards is new? and has been playing nonstop :D
    well nearly 200 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm still torn, my brother and several mates play LoL while its just myself and the guy who invited me for DOTA, tending to play more LoL subsequently, a lot of the fun is VOIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

If my laptop is not finished by monday I will cry :(

I want to fail with Invoker, Quas/Wex ..... I am so bad with him :(

Cannot wait too play mid again new Invoker players though !!!! Its always so easy, but inversely, am ****brick scared of playing against good ones :O He was not activated in captains mode for so long for a good reason !

Stolen from Reddit but

The New Anti Mage Protrait for when you pick up Divine Rapier

Ba5xw.jpg

haha see when somebody(dendi?) bought 6 divine rapiers on antimage?

also love the dendi 5 battlefury + divine rapier bounty hunter build.

z8BiL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just started playing League of Legends, never played a game like this before and it's the most fun i've had gaming in a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Just streamed an Antimage game where I managed two rapiers. Not up to Dendi standards yet though. :pac:

• Advertisement

25% of my games have been as AA.... ****ing love that hero!

he bough 8 divines in that game! clearing out every camp in the map including ancients in like 40 seconds.

ive still never played AA as I always random.

he bough 8 divines in that game! clearing out every camp in the map including ancients in like 40 seconds.

ive still never played AA as I always random.

Epic double post ! with about an hours delay :p

lmao! I hit submit and saw an error saying the submit failed an hour later when I came back to my laptop, so clicked again.

how's the laptop

The part is on the way from the states, I think once it reaches the shop they will fix mine straight away as I have called them 11 times so far, the worst part being I have had a lull in my work the last week or so because the instrument I use was booked out ..... of course, and starting Thursday I have it again so will be working late :<< fml

Ordering a part from the states, la ti da, sounds like it would be cheaper to buy a new one :p

Nope probably would not be ! Seen any good invokers yet ?

hope it's not anyway! To do a bit of soldering of the power jack (1 minute job) in those shops costs 130e minimum when I looked. :eek: My housemates solution was glue as we didnt have a soldering iron heh.

I haven't played since he came out! Busy working away. Then going to amsterdam in a few days, can't wait to learn him though when I get back, we can get some games in next week or after! woop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Was playing last night and first of all completely dominated with Ursa, wasn't even funny how easy mode it was god he spirals out of control when you don't cc him, add in your blind dagger and your just trolling.

Later on was playing with 4 friends with one guy pretty much knew to Moba games, I went AM for the craic. Struggled in my lane cause I really didn't like the last hit animation (hur duuur) and didn't get the farm I need but no biggie since i wasn't leaking kills and tinker was trolling around. So I do what any AM that's underfed does and went off jungling and farming trying to recoup my losses since I was pretty much useless with the items I had. Next thing our mid and tinker decide now is the time for them to stroll down mid lane into the other teams side and bitch when their whole team killed them. Our mid then proceedes to call me out and say why wasn't I there, why so underfarmed Y U PLAY DOTA NOT SRS!!!!111!!!

He then proceeded to rage so hard that too many people were playing the game for fun which he said wasn't allowed in a beta. Said that he didn't understand why people were playing the game for fun. Then told us he had a life and a wife.

Sometimes I just worry at the folks that play this game so seriously. I had over 500 games of LoL with a standard W/L ratio of 1.10 or in and abouts. I was a vile vile person in LoL when losing and got in some heated shouting matches with my mates. When I left LoL and started playing some Dota I just said to myself, play for fun it's a game if your getting angry at a game you need to sort of your life! I can fully understand why people get angry at these games but christ I think people forget how pathetic it sounds and looks getting angry over a game and adopting an attitude that these games are more important then life itself.

So whatever went for our 3rd match went as SK and trolled around beating Zeus in the face. Best moment being that I forgot I had 3 lives with Aegis equipped XD

• Advertisement

Aye Ursa can be fun, but he is quite easy to counter, and even easier to mess up his jungling cause he is so weak at it, I prefer playing him with Lothars shadow blade ( in pubs obviosuly because why do people need anti invis ?? )

I just don't humour ragers anymore, if they rage at me thats fine, If I am in the wrong I will admit my mistakes and if they continue raging and trolling I report, it seems people are gettin removed from the beta for misbehaviour and such.

I don't care if my teammates are new, I don't care if they have bad stats, I don't even care if they are just bad, as long as they have a good attitude and listen and communicate. Thats why its always more fun with mates ( even with Tar and his ridiculous randoms !! :pac:, still waiting for the day you get nevermore )

Oh and there is a special place in hell for people who random supports and don't get chick or wards, a really special place if I remember dante's inferno correctly

i play carry crystal maiden FU!
    /nevermore throw the game feeding accepted

If I ever got angry in games I wouldn't bother playing, silly people. Still it's fun to talk to the russians :p

wouldnt mind trying to get 5 and play teams though, as ive never tried to play seriously and it would be good fun being rolled :pac:
    Although i'm not sure i like my tower diving being curtailed.

Oh yea, was it you that was with me when the russian started talking ****e over the VOIP ?

I believe I delt with it tactfully by repeating " In mother russia, Vengeful Spirit carries you " until he got mad

haha! they seem to have a thing for talking to you:P

so where are you known? :p

so where are you known? :p
    They still have my dam laptop , it's gotten ridiculous now to be honest I wanna play :(

Ursa = broken champ

Stev_o wrote: »
    Ursa = broken champ

He can easily be shut down though. It still remains VOID, Anti mage & lifestealer are the strongest carries. Ursa would be a bit behind. Although when fed can totally snow ball.

He can easily be shut down though. It still remains VOID, Anti mage & lifestealer are the strongest carries. Ursa would be a bit behind. Although when fed can totally snow ball.

Im well aware how he can be shut down but this damage output isn't right, no char should be able to solo Rosh after 6 mins it's just silly.

• Advertisement

Well if you that that away from him what is he left with ? Not much, for him to be in any way useful in teamfights he needs a portal key and black king bar, and he is seriously hindered if the enemy team has one or more push sticks. He is also not that great between his combo's, I kind of see him as a pudge type character at high game levels, blink in, insta drop someone who is out of position and turn it into a 4v5.

I have only seen one team use him right in DoTA2 ( NeXt.kz ) they actually do quite well with him but I think the other team underestimating him.

Advertisement