Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Weird bug last night, every game I joined had my throne destroyed and the game ended, got losses! Others got wins -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Weird bug last night, every game I joined had my throne destroyed and the game ended, got losses! Others got wins -_-

LOL, we had like 6 wins haha, might wanna report that :P The Dev forums are here Linky, just sign up, you might also need to give your replays , which you can find in the "watch" tab ( Game Number )

If we can get 5 again tonight it would be great, if anyone else wants to play with us drop me a PM, also would be nice if we could even get 10, and do boards.ie inhouse games, with Captains draft mode enabled and all, maybe even tryhard tri lane set ups ! Would be good practice

I should be around!

Its possible to do Rosh at level 1 with Ursa + Skeleton King ( just them two )

90% of Ursa players I have faced or been with so far are terrible, but the good ones are !! Good.

Oh and if anyone has a spare key for a friend of mine I want to turn that would be awesome !! :-P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

did rosh level 1 last night :p

faced a good ursa + amazing chen, they raped us. even raped the antimage.

seriously chen and all those creeps with stun!

• Advertisement

I honestly think if you have a good Chen on your team you can win any game.

he is actually ridiculous, a farmed Am couldnt even touch him. + any other stuns with lion. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Says database error for Playdota for me , whats up ?

Some changes there :-o

• Advertisement

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Says database error for Playdota for me , whats up ?

The website's flooded, if you refresh it a few times it should work. It's the craziest single Dota patch I've ever seen - 4 new heroes and a lot of major changes.

Changes mirrored here: http://pastebin.com/DhJsN4Bs

And who ever said DoTA is not innovating ....... DoTA 2 is just a continuation of the game that paved the way !

Some MASSIVE changes there wow ....

Love the look of the Legion fello, and the Shredder is prolly a semi take on chipper.

Small nerf to AM and Vanguard trololo, I like the look of the item that gives evasion and a disable as well !!

hero pool now over 110 ! Dota 2 must catch up :D

The Linkens change is pretty big, should make it a much more viable competitive item. Same with Orchid, 1k less gold is a huge change (even if you lose mana regen and damage).

Not convinced that the new boots are any good, doesn't seem like it'll fit many heroes' needs - Lich is a hero I could think of that might pick them up, but that's only because he doesn't really have any use for the other boots.

and interesting courier changes too !

Yeah, I like the courier changes overall. Can't wait to see what the next few tournaments are like with all these crazy changes as well as Roof, Terror, and Tuskarr being unbanned in CM!

will dota get this big? ;)

c757532a6615fdc2204ba29f6f5eb5ca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Quite possibly, Steam gives it huge publicity that LoL has never had.

Is League of Legends interesting to watch? I love Dota but personally I think it's absolutely terrible to watch full games of (I only do so to try and improve my game and I'd imagine most viewers would be doing it for more casual reasons than that). LoL seemed much the same to me but I haven't watched much of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

All games are boring to watch IMO....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

HoN/DoTA is probably the only game ive ever enjoyed watching. Needs a good commentator though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

wc3 was awesome to watch! from what I hear sc2 is as well, maybe it's just RTS's!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Is League of Legends interesting to watch? I love Dota but personally I think it's absolutely terrible to watch full games of (I only do so to try and improve my game and I'd imagine most viewers would be doing it for more casual reasons than that). LoL seemed much the same to me but I haven't watched much of it.

I can see MOBAs being really unappealing to watch compared to other games but still lol has the most viewers, it's about how it's done. I love watching dota games, css, wc3, sc2 etc even games i dont play as long as I understand it. They just need to make it clear to people what is happening. Dota games are also becoming shorter with the new changes, which should help it. But hey if tens of millions of people play these games thats a good enough base of people who could watch it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I love watching hon. www.honcast.com is great for the community with the infamous breakycpk doing the majority of casts, he really does a great job for them. There have been some great tournaments lately with Dreamhack winter, the NASL and the upcoming HonTour running over the next 2 months.

Like anything though you do need an interest and understanding of what's going on to enjoy it and a good caster to keep things flowing and keep it interesting.

I have a good understand of what's going on in Dota games, but I don't see how it makes a good spectator game. The game is pretty much long periods of both teams sitting around doing nothing with spurts of fast intense team fights that are most of the time fairly difficult to follow, and over almost as soon as they begin. It's great fun to play but can be pretty boring to watch I think.

I've been watching WC3 and Brood War for years, as well as Quake and CS to a lesser extent and a bit of SC2, and I think they all make much better spectator games than Dota does.

I find DOTA and HON extremely fun to watch, espcially the Euro teams, watching the defense dota 2 tourny with the psuedo hon team, team Mouz with Trixi and rex using Rikimaru to eventually out carry magina, was fun to watch !!

link?

this hero should be a sweet addition next week...mmm so many spells.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

this hero should be a sweet addition next week...mmm so many spells.

You know what else would be a good addition? ME! I want in NAO

Advertisement