Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I cannot wait for Random Ability mode, can you bloody Imagine getting Divided we stand, combined with ****ing anything ! 4 Pugna ward, 4 Shallow Graves, TWO Magic missiles at level 3 now lol, some heroes surely will be banned from the mode !

Himmmmm......

How about Pudge with Slark's Pounce, Weaver's Shukuchi and Tusks Walrus Punch? Annoying enough?

They really need to add Techies he will be so much fun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Phoenix's ult goes through BKB, no mana cost at L3 Terrorblade just seems broken :P

Phoenix's ult goes through BKB, no mana cost at L3 Terrorblade just seems broken :P

Terrorblade is a very scary snowball hero, but I think as long as you shut him down early he's easily dealt with. His low HP pool is his Achilles heal.

Phoenix is just crazy.

OMG Random ability draft is just awesome.

Last night a guy picked up Luna's Eclipse and couldn't do any damage because he didn't have Lucent Beam! :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    OMG Random ability draft is just awesome.

Last night a guy picked up Luna's Eclipse and couldn't do any damage because he didn't have Lucent Beam! :)

yeah I've been playing a good bit of this :) a lot of fun. there are two types of players in this mode though - those that make creative and often crazy heroes, and those that just want to farm farm farm. I was clock yesterday and had ion shell, axe's counter helix, disruptors kinetic field and dazzles ult. cleared the jungle so fast (mana was an issue :p ) and proceeded to be the biggest nuisance during teamfights. of course, the enemy team had a sven with gods strength and all the passives who was flaming all game. apparently we were to let him farm.
    I know I complain about normal matchmaking a lot, but is the matchmaking for OMG mode turned off completely? as in, is there no MMR for it?

BMMachine wrote: »
    yeah I've been playing a good bit of this :) a lot of fun. there are two types of players in this mode though - those that make creative and often crazy heroes, and those that just want to farm farm farm. I was clock yesterday and had ion shell, axe's counter helix, disruptors kinetic field and dazzles ult. cleared the jungle so fast (mana was an issue :p ) and proceeded to be the biggest nuisance during teamfights. of course, the enemy team had a sven with gods strength and all the passives who was flaming all game. apparently we were to let him farm.
    I know I complain about normal matchmaking a lot, but is the matchmaking for OMG mode turned off completely? as in, is there no MMR for it?

Matchmaking is broken in all modes as far as I can tell.

Picked up Medusa last night and went for seering arrows (Clinkz) along with some passive damage and lifesteal abilities. Sooooooo much killing power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

How is matchmaking broken exactly? :confused: I've been having brilliant games on it recently.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    How is matchmaking broken exactly? :confused: I've been having brilliant games on it recently.

its far too wild. maybe you are getting lucky. the difference in play skill is too extreme. 8 / 10 games are over in the first 5 minutes because one team horribly outclasses another

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've had the same experience as above. One sided maybe 75% of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd say I have less than 5% games where it's over in the first 5 minutes. I think teams are getting advantages sooner into the game at the moment since everybody is fighting so early, but the game is very swingy. The new heroes seem a bit mental to me though.

edit: I'm talking about Ranked btw, I think the unranked matchmaking is terrible since they introduced Ranked. That mode is a mess.

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Never mind 5 minutes. I've had games where its over before its started, because the supports wont buy a courier or wards or 2 or 3 players fight over the mid lane.

All I know is that there are players showing up in games that are worse than faeces flinging monkeys randomly mashing a keyboard.

I can only get an even game when I'm in a stack. Solo ranking games are just absolute trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Most of my ranked games are pretty even, I mean sure, sometimes a game's literally over before it's started because the enemy team has slark ES alch or the line up we have is really bad at playing from behind.

New blink on tinker is so nice. Don't see the point of aghs on him until 6th item and even then I think a manta/linkens/bloodstone is better. Maybe if you were building a force tinker. I would have preferred a cast time decrease over the range laser/quad missiles for those spells.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Most of my ranked games are pretty even, I mean sure, sometimes a game's literally over before it's started because the enemy team has slark ES alch or the line up we have is really bad at playing from behind.

New blink on tinker is so nice. Don't see the point of aghs on him until 6th item and even then I think a manta/linkens/bloodstone is better. Maybe if you were building a force tinker. I would have preferred a cast time decrease over the range laser/quad missiles for those spells.

All Pick is just like playing ****ing Bingo for me. I'm done with it unless I'm in a stack. The only way I can guarantee improving my solo ranking is to play Captains/Captains draft and grab the captain.

On the downside, If I don't get the captain, I may have to deal with some clown who bans riki and sniper first phase, selects pudge for himself and then feeds and abandons after ten minutes. :/

Literally snapped playing a game on Saturday. I had East EU servers on still from when EU West had server problems last week. Solo queuing and get a team full of Russians. I was the orange player too so no respect given to me at all. I picked Phoenix for offlane and they say he can't offlane & is a terrible hero etc. The blue player had queued with a mate and was typing all this, saying how he was solo 5200+ MMR and he knows everything. They last pick a roaming veno and Gyro! They wait to gank a SF mid and both end up dying. Queue them feeding everywhere on the map and SF getting a 7 minute shadow blade! I hadn't died at all in the offlane until they came up and when their gank failed because they were still level 1 & 2 of course it was my fault. Proceed to them blaming me and the solo terror blade in the short lane? I ****ing hate Russians and their arrogance. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Literally snapped playing a game on Saturday. I had East EU servers on still from when EU West had server problems last week. Solo queuing and get a team full of Russians. I was the orange player too so no respect given to me at all. I picked Phoenix for offlane and they say he can't offlane & is a terrible hero etc. The blue player had queued with a mate and was typing all this, saying how he was solo 5200+ MMR and he knows everything. They last pick a roaming veno and Gyro! They wait to gank a SF mid and both end up dying. Queue them feeding everywhere on the map and SF getting a 7 minute shadow blade! I hadn't died at all in the offlane until they came up and when their gank failed because they were still level 1 & 2 of course it was my fault. Proceed to them blaming me and the solo terror blade in the short lane? I ****ing hate Russians and their arrogance. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Its not just Russians. They get a bad rap because there are so many of them. Plenty of Irish and UK idiots too.

Yesterday I played Disrupter with a bunch of Turks. Guy playing juggernaut decides to continuously dive and feed against a Pudge/Timbersaw dual lane (ha) then bitches and moans that I don't dive with him, believing we can actually get kills. Enigma airballs about 3 black holes catching nothing but creeps. Riki keeps trying to silence/backstab pudge/timbersaw and feeds. Whole team decides to berate me in Turkish (**** your mother and your family).

They got a surprise when they discovered I actually speak Turkish and started throwing some colourful insults back to them in the voice chat.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    They got a surprise when they discovered I actually speak Turkish and started throwing some colourful insults back to them in the voice chat.

ha, I have a friend who is turkish and she shared some of them. my favourite being "I will shove a pineapple up your sisters vagina and dance around in the shade" :p

the arrogant players can be extremely frustrating, especially when they repeatedly make the same mistakes. another hate of mine is the whole "REPORTED!" culture. especially if you are the only one playing well and the dumpsters on your team get all pissy and spiteful about it. reporting good players won't make you better but I suppose they need some sort of mental victory in their head :s "yeah that guy was such an idiot. I can't believe he didn't follow our stupid plan of repeatedly feeding the enemy. I got him though because I reported then muted him, and said so at the time, so I secretly win"

ha, I have a friend who is turkish and she shared some of them. my favourite being "I will shove a pineapple up your sisters vagina and dance around in the shade" :p

the arrogant players can be extremely frustrating, especially when they repeatedly make the same mistakes. another hate of mine is the whole "REPORTED!" culture. especially if you are the only one playing well and the dumpsters on your team get all pissy and spiteful about it. reporting good players won't make you better but I suppose they need some sort of mental victory in their head :s "yeah that guy was such an idiot. I can't believe he didn't follow our stupid plan of repeatedly feeding the enemy. I got him though because I reported then muted him, and said so at the time, so I secretly win"

Ha, I think its pine tree not pineapple. That's a common one.

Well what he actually said to me was "I'll stick my dick in your ass, and let it go out through your nose"

I told him I wasn't surprised he was the son of a donkey. :p

Probably the best Meepo play I've ever seen. Poof and blinks everywhere

• Advertisement

playing random ability draft is like rolling around in a slurry pit and hoping you come out cleaner than the other guy. such a disgustingly one sided affair :/

playing random ability draft is like rolling around in a slurry pit and hoping you come out cleaner than the other guy. such a disgustingly one sided affair :/

Have you ever talked about Dota in a positive way?

Have you ever talked about Dota in a positive way?

ha! ive been known to. its just that it can turn into such a horrible experience so quickly. its extremely frustrating when you play 4 games in a row that are autolosses. and this happens a lot with the state of matchmaking. it wouldnt be so bad if dota wasnt completely and 100% a trollfest. "oh the game is over? let us stretch it out by not pushing and hanging around outside your fountain." "oh you don't want to play with these players? too bad. you are locked in with them and if you leave due to their trolling you get punished. also theres no concede so you have to wait it out. oh and the enemy has found out you are getting trolled so they are going to waste more of your time too by trolling further." "oh you are trying to help your team and give them advice? too bad they are spiteful little men who start screaming REPORTED every chance they get." "oh you have lost 3 games in a row with ridiculous scorelines within 5 minutes of the game starting and have basically had no chance due to how bad the matchmaking system is? heres 4 guys in an internet cafe in Peru."

if these factors werent so ridiculously common, and they are, then I wouldn't say so much bad things about the game. I love the game but it could be so much better and a lot of those problems are easily fixed - tighten up the matchmaking, add in concede (so stupid that its not there. "oh a team might end the game early so you cant troll them?" my heart bleeds), punish people for reporting non-incidents (also give like, 1 report a week), have an actual language barrier on the servers.

Ever heard of the law of attraction? They say if you approach something in a negative way things will always stay negative. I think you need to stop being a dirty negative feeder :p . I've played a lot of games with matchmaking and DOTA 2 has been pretty fair in my opinion from when I have solo queued. Every game is going to have ***** you just need to deal with them better sir.

I want Techies in the game now. Allah Akbar with Tiny inc

Every game is going to have ***** you just need to deal with them better sir.

probably. I expect more from people. I really shouldnt do that, especially in gaming

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jeus I lvoe dota and haven't played in over a month, this guy is a sadist :p
    viva la hearthstone

Hearthstone is grand for a few games but I get bored of it quite quickly.

Jeus I lvoe dota and haven't played in over a month, this guy is a sadist :p
    viva la hearthstone
    You're a goddamn ditcher. Shameful display. dec and I managed to wisp tiny storm some poor schumucks with some coordination last night, was pretty goot..

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    You're a goddamn ditcher. Shameful display. dec and I managed to wisp tiny storm some poor schumucks with some coordination last night, was pretty goot..

I saw that, however your previous game was shameful (especially dec's Sniper build).

• Advertisement

I saw that, however your previous game was shameful (especially dec's Sniper build).
    I take no responsibility for that game. Enemy team just ran at him.

Advertisement