Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wraith's Night is good fun. Highest I've got to is round 10. Venos double wards are great in dealing with the waves. Also, quelling blade, 3000 gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've beaten it on NG+, haven't tried NG++ yet but apparently it's really hard. Good fun mode, I like it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and it goes up to ng+++ when you beat ng++, keeps going I think. if you beat ng++ you just restart instantly in the next harder mode ouch

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Custom maps and modes incoming, so it seems. Super excited!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they wrote wraith night in Lua, technically any of us could make a mod now. Yesssssssssssssss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

When do you think we will see the patch allowing this?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Custom maps and modes incoming, so it seems. Super excited!

HELMS DEEP!!!!!
    that and the other Lord of the rings one would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Hey all. Am back in Ireland and looking for some games. Do you guys have a chat channel you hang in or anything?

Hang out on the teamspeak for games, here is general info!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057002935

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Necrobook dota's so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Necrobook dota's so good.

you mean RAT dota? :mad:

I love RAT dota and how angry it makes people

I love RAT dota and how angry it makes people

ha. :)

I think the necrobook and midas will get another nerf in the next update. Mainly because its cutting down on the big team fight action in the competitive games.

i might go full rat with one my drafts tonight. Heroes shall be limited to Pugna, Luna, Shadow Shaman, Death Prophet, KOTL. Lycan, PL, Veno, LD and Chen.

gg f**kers!

Why do you need to rat with a draft that includes pugna/dk/bristle. You just kill towers.

Why do you need to rat with a draft that includes pugna/dk/bristle. You just kill towers.

Because it pisses people off

Because it pisses people off

gaming 2014

To be fair it was captains draft and the we were pretty much handed those picks, and they banned pointless other heroes (Spectre was one IIRC), they left the door open and that door was already narrow.

D2L season finals on atm in Las Vegas.
    Game 1 is Alliance versus Vici. Alliance with the surprise tusk pick in an aggro trilane. absolutely mopping up so far. tusk, wisp and treant looks just silly good. in fairness though, they are against a veno, luna, chen who are made of paper :p

BMMachine wrote: »
    D2L season finals on atm in Las Vegas.
    Game 1 is Alliance versus Vici. Alliance with the surprise tusk pick in an aggro trilane. absolutely mopping up so far. tusk, wisp and treant looks just silly good. in fairness though, they are against a veno, luna, chen who are made of paper :p

Wow, love those surprise picks. I'll have to check that one out tomorrow.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Wow, love those surprise picks. I'll have to check that one out tomorrow.

I wont spoil, but yeah was definitely a fun combo.
    fnatic up against LGD now. fnatic without era & hanni though so I think LGD might just you know what them. Demon and aui2000 are standing in though and both of those guys are very adaptable players.

• Advertisement

BMMachine wrote: »
    I wont spoil, but yeah was definitely a fun combo.
    fnatic up against LGD now. fnatic without era & hanni though so I think LGD might just you know what them. Demon and aui2000 are standing in though and both of those guys are very adaptable players.

Jesus Vici got absolutely face-smashed in that game. :)

<3 Tusk.

Anyone playing in the joinDota Amateur League? The format looks great and should be a lot of fun.

http://www.joindota.com/en/news/14759-joindota-league-global,-for-everyone

Just entered our team yesterday.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Anyone playing in the joinDota Amateur League? The format looks great and should be a lot of fun.

http://www.joindota.com/en/news/14759-joindota-league-global,-for-everyone

Just entered our team yesterday.

Yeah my team have entered it as well, see ya there! Should be fun.

Alch's such a hilarious hero to play.

Alch's such a hilarious hero to play.

hes amazing. was only talking to a friend about him tonight. "so hes tanky, has an amazing stun, has great pushing, stays relevant all game and doesnt have too many issues getting farm?"

how do you compare him to naga siren though for that #4 roaming support? both have their strengths, hard to choose. situation dependant i suppose

You explode people from lvl 1 as Alch, you can't really do that as naga. Support naga can't be a front liner either. Very survivable with just a medallion + ult. You basically have a non disjointable roar. That's more than enough to hate on heroes like storm/sf/invoker. I wouldn't really roam naga since you pick her as a 4 for her ult and net imo. The finals of the boards league was actually fairly decent to showcase it from what I saw. All his abilities are great, throughout the game.

I've been mostly playing mid alch though. High levels of spray + stun means you don't need the medallion really, I skip it for armlet. I'm unconvinced a straight AC afterwards is usually the correct choice. Fear had a build where he went vit booster + platemail into heart+AC which I've tried but I think halberd is godly on this hero.

Roaming Alch + Crystal supports ftw.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah my team have entered it as well, see ya there! Should be fun.

Make sure you don't lob in last minute high tier players here you won't get away with it on there ;)

I remember some people were unsure about the alc changes in 6.79, where it will change the meta for alc's play, if anything it's made him more versatile in lineups, great hero.

• Advertisement

Make sure you don't lob in last minute high tier players here you won't get away with it on there ;)

Ah, now the excuses begin :pac:

Advertisement