Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :cool: Nice 1, i'll have to get me ar$e in gear n get more 'familiar' with oos other than the radio lol :o

But when I was saying I'd love more of them I ment on licorice :D

get yourself traktor , untill ya can affored the few thousand it'll cost ya for their back catalogue :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    get yourself traktor , untill ya can affored the few thousand it'll cost ya for their back catalogue :D:D:D

Hahahaha I done some rough calculations for the ones I want and it amounts to ......... Sweet mothera jaysus :eek:

them picture discs will certainly burn a sizeable hole!!

Yeah man,soon as i'm back on me feet I'll be puttin the bobs away for a Massey Ferguson set up :D

Hahahaha I done some rough calculations for the ones I want and it amounts to ......... Sweet mothera jaysus :eek:

them picture discs will certainly burn a sizeable hole!!

Yeah man,soon as i'm back on me feet I'll be puttin the bobs away for a Massey Ferguson set up :D

i'd tell ya to get an rmx and do it that way, but ya can buy traktor scratch duo brand new for the same price, and it comes with everything ya need (i.e. software, vinyls, soundcard etc).
    only thing i will say to ya G is, if ya have a craptop, make sure it runs smoothly or it'll constantly crash on ya when your in the middle of a mix lol. upgrade the RAM in it to at least 4GB (only cost about 20 snots to upgrade it to that spec), and try not to use it for anything else if possible.

• Advertisement

those picture discs are deadly lookin, and have some brilliant tunes on them!!

i'd tell ya to get an rmx and do it that way, but ya can buy traktor scratch duo brand new for the same price, and it comes with everything ya need (i.e. software, vinyls, soundcard etc).
    only thing i will say to ya G is, if ya have a craptop, make sure it runs smoothly or it'll constantly crash on ya when your in the middle of a mix lol. upgrade the RAM in it to at least 4GB (only cost about 20 snots to upgrade it to that spec), and try not to use it for anything else if possible.

:D Thats me fooked! ..........and this one is a 4gb ram with a 500gb hd .....i think the 'crashes' I've been experiencing of late is due to the thing been on constantly lol

as for "and try not to use it for anything else if possible" ..... looks like I'll need to keep this one for that and get a nice shinny new empty one for the other :o

.......anyone looking for a kidney?,Liver? (lungs are fooked sorry)

:D Thats me fooked! ..........and this one is a 4gb ram with a 500gb hd .....i think the 'crashes' I've been experiencing of late is due to the thing been on constantly lol

as for "and try not to use it for anything else if possible" ..... looks like I'll need to keep this one for that and get a nice shinny new empty one for the other :o

.......anyone looking for a kidney?,Liver? (lungs are fooked sorry)

ya can get a cooling mat for it, if it's overheating on ya. cost about 20 or 30 snots from ebay or amazon. but i would recommend ya get even a newer, smaller one even, and just use it for traktor and a few other programs, and don't connect it to the internet, that's when they fall to bits. mac's are alot more stable than pc's, but if ya keep it off the internet it should be fine, it's when ya start donloading stuff that viruses etc get it and ruin it on ya lol.

those picture discs are deadly lookin, and have some brilliant tunes on them!!

Yeah man they're class looking AND some belters on board to boot! some of them are cheap enough (the later ones 7,8,9&10 - 9&10 were released as a 2x10" set) the older ones are the mad money makers! that guy I got me tunes off on discogs,he has them all up for sale.....told him I'd be back to him lol but not just yet!

He's actually bang on and his tunes are mint Sean I mean mint!! tunes & original sleeves look like they were only released.He's the guy that started up Nice & Nasty records bitd with Robbie Nelson up in Belfast,he's now living in Kildare and still runs the label (on his tod) as a primarly techno label nowadays and based in town.

He even came out and met me in the square with the tunes,top bloke!

http://www.discogs.com/user/desybalmer

ya can get a cooling mat for it, if it's overheating on ya. cost about 20 or 30 snots from ebay or amazon. but i would recommend ya get even a newer, smaller one even, and just use it for traktor and a few other programs, and don't connect it to the internet, that's when they fall to bits. mac's are alot more stable than pc's, but if ya keep it off the internet it should be fine, it's when ya start donloading stuff that viruses etc get it and ruin it on ya lol.

I actually bought a yoke (yeah I wish) for it the other day,it was only a fiver,a plastic thing,it's just a table top thingy that props it up at an angle (and swivels lol),makes the typing more comfy and allows the vents to have a few inches of space to breath,seems to have helped a little but it's good while sat at a table,when sat on a sofa or a bed it's an uncomfortable fooker! and it blocks the headfone plug at the front, but like I said,a fiver so cant complain.......even though I do :D

As for Macs.......a pipe dream these days m8,nearest I'll get to a Mac is a Big!

ah it's lotto saturday....it could be you! :pac:

• Advertisement

....... and on that

Time I was off.....got a planes,trains n automobiles morning ahead of me :D off to see my lovely lady for the next 6days \o/

Have a good one Es , chat ya on the flipside!

I know i know,posted twice already but fook it, it's a belter tuuuuune :cool:

I actually bought a yoke (yeah I wish) for it the other day,it was only a fiver,a plastic thing,it's just a table top thingy that props it up at an angle (and swivels lol),makes the typing more comfy and allows the vents to have a few inches of space to breath,seems to have helped a little but it's good while sat at a table,when sat on a sofa or a bed it's an uncomfortable fooker! and it blocks the headfone plug at the front, but like I said,a fiver so cant complain.......even though I do :D

As for Macs.......a pipe dream these days m8,nearest I'll get to a Mac is a Big!

ah it's lotto saturday....it could be you! :pac:

the cooling pads are similar to what you bought, but they have built in fans, and it works off a USB lead, so straight off the lappy itself.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=2243862011

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

anyone know this tune, its before caspar house - riding sexy pimps mix on some set called the wig

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/51485827/file.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

3 weeks to go and around 350 tickets left i hear.

Incredible line up here, Rave heaven is the only word to describe it :cool:

90f0f70e.jpg

jonnny68 wrote: »

90f0f70e.jpg

think you should be getting payed for promoting at this stage jonny :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

jonnny68 wrote: »

90f0f70e.jpg

think you should be getting payed for promoting at this stage jonny :D:D:D
    LOL

haha well it's not everyday something as big as this happens, in fact you are talking about 18/19 years since the Tribal Gathering since you had something on the scale as this so as you can imagine im seriously excited about this not to mention it's my last ever event before retiring for good so gonna go out with a bang:)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kd397

A call out for Dublin DJ's who play Old skool house music! Drop me a mail if you want to play at our May bank holiday Sunday gig! psychonavigation@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Anybody got Mick walsh mix called seahorses

Hardcore you know the score:cool:

Saturday

11 - SOLDGIE
    12 - MYSTERY
    12:45 - SQUIRRELL -
    1:30 - SKIE
    2:15 - VINYL JUNKIE -
    3 - DAZ WILLOT -
    3:45 - MARK ARCHER - WIZZY G
    4:30 - ENERGY & MC STIXMAN
    5:15 - COSMO & DIBS
    6 - 2BAD MICE -
    7- SCOTTY -
    7:45 - EASYGROOVE
    8-45 - DREAM FREQUENCY LIVE PA
    9 - FAYDZ & TWISTA
    10 - KENNY KEN
    11 - BRISK
    12 - TANGO & RATTY
    1 - VIBES & LIVELEE

Sunday

10.00am - SILLY G
    10:45 DANNY & ANT B - Econimix
    11.30 STEVEE WONDER
    12:15 VINYL VERA -
    1 SHOCK C -
    1:45 X RAY -
    2:30 DRE -
    3:15 BARRINGTON -
    4 LOMAS -
    4:45 BUNTER -
    5:30 NEBULA 2 LIVE PA
    6:15 PILGRIM -
    7:15 RAT PACK -
    8:15 NOOKIE
    9:15 RACHEL WALLACE - LIVE PA
    9:30 TOP BUZZ
    10:30 SLIPMAT

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

aceberg wrote: »
    Anybody got Mick walsh mix called seahorses

Mick Walsh Seahorses Side A - http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/74296728/file.html

Seahorses Side B -
    http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/28346190/file.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

craig_b wrote: »

Cheers man legend

found this on soundcloud, top mix of techstep ;)

http://soundcloud.com/blumarten/blu-mar-ten-from-the-vaults-vol-1-techstep-mix-1997

Tracklist:

Nico Ft Makai: Omen

Future Forces: Imprint

Ed Rush & Nico: Technology

Boymerang: Still

Future Forces: Cold Fusion

Nasty Habits: Shadow Boxing

Nico: Lo

Fierce & Nico: Crystal

Hokusai: Black Rose

Ed Rush & Nico: Proton

Decoder: In my Dreams