Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

bubbuz wrote: »
    Can anyone on here remember a set by slipmat at an early 90's dreamscape at Milton Keynes ( can't remember the year as its all a bit of a blur ) where he played a wicked mix of the old flake advert---- only the crumbliest flakiest chocolate, it was unreal, would love to track down a copy.

http://www.discogs.com/Agent-Orange-Sounds-A-Bit-Flakey/release/246113

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

AHHHHH haven't heard that in years, superb, cheers for that, delighted:D:D:D

AHHHHH haven't heard that in years, superb, cheers for that, delighted:D:D:D

Your welcome man, cant see ya wanting to rush of to discogs (see link in last post) to buy it lol pricey little number!!

Might be betteridea to just grab it from youtube or better still try to track down a copy of the mix from Dreamscape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Your welcome man, cant see ya wanting to rush of to discogs (see link in last post) to buy it lol pricey little number!!

Might be betteridea to just grab it from youtube or better still try to track down a copy of the mix from Dreamscape.

I did have the dreamscape set with it, trouble was that was the first tape to disappear and never to be seen again :mad:, ahh just now played those you tube clips over a few times, brings back the rush like it was only yesterday. Cheers EarlERizer, nice one.:D

I did have the dreamscape set with it, trouble was that was the first tape to disappear and never to be seen again :mad:, ahh just now played those you tube clips over a few times, brings back the rush like it was only yesterday. Cheers EarlERizer, nice one.:D

Sure we've all been there over the years,tapes,vinyls,cd's dissapearing never to be seen again :(

Suppose this interweb is good for somethings eh!

Any idea what Dreamscape it was? might be able to track it down for ya round these parts.

And if it's oldskool ya like you'll find this thread & the contributors can bring alot of those memories back to ya ..... or ya may even have some offerings yourself? tunes,stories,memories,fav tunes,fav venues,fav dj;s/sets/rave etc

see also www.onlyoldskool.com :cool:

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    scaled.php?server=12&filename=fullmoonflyerdreamscape.jpg&res=landing

5-6 - si cosis

6-7 - pinkie

7-8 - pinhead

8-9 - dee jay vibe

9-10 - barrym

10-11 - IMB

11 - Whenever - es cee

Fixed your post Es :D:D \o/ ..... great to see ya on the line up,i'm assuming dark dark dark all the way from ya?

p.s. :o eh,remind me nearer the day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Fixed your post Es :D:D \o/ ..... great to see ya on the line up,i'm assuming dark dark dark all the way from ya?

p.s. :o eh,remind me nearer the day lol

yeah, some sort of dark dnb no doubt.
    not till next week anyway, 'll sort out
    something before the day,

• Advertisement

Quality batch of shares there Sean good man!! particularly these 3, fookin love that charged up tune,dont suppose ya have wavs or lossless of it (and the flipside?)

and while your on this particular tip......dont suppose you recognize this tune by any chance?

Been hunting an ID for this for ages :(

Quality batch of shares there Sean good man!! particularly these 3, fookin love that charged up tune,dont suppose ya have wavs or lossless of it (and the flipside?)

and while your on this particular tip......dont suppose you recognize this tune by any chance?

Been hunting an ID for this for ages :(

nope, afraid not man.

if that track you're looking for an ID on is from the oldskool irish club scene, ya'v more chance getting blood from a stone than getting the name man lol.

EDIT: sounds like something that may have been played in the olympic or something, (not quite rave, not quite house lol).

• Advertisement

nope, afraid not man.

if that track you're looking for an ID on is from the oldskool irish club scene, ya'v more chance getting blood from a stone than getting the name man lol.

EDIT: sounds like something that may have been played in the olympic or something, (not quite rave, not quite house lol).

lol Your wrong on both counts m8 , it's neither an oldskool irish club tune nor was it played in the Olympi.

It's actually taken from a 'mix' a Sheffield DJ (DJ Marco - brother of DJ Mongoose)did for Natz bitd,he plays oldskool hardcore,breakbeat,jungle and dnb.....but even he cant put a name to it lol he 'thinks' it might've been a promo white label :(

whatever it is I think its reggaetastic! :D ya man!

lol Your wrong on both counts m8 , it's neither an oldskool irish club tune nor was it played in the Olympi.

It's actually taken from a 'mix' a Sheffield DJ (DJ Marco - brother of DJ Mongoose)did for Natz bitd,he plays oldskool hardcore,breakbeat,jungle and dnb.....but even he cant put a name to it lol he 'thinks' it might've been a promo white label :(

whatever it is I think its reggaetastic! :D ya man!

wouldn't be my cuppa man, but sure everyone to their own ;)

wouldn't be my cuppa man, but sure everyone to their own ;)

Exactly,each to their own,variety the spice of life n all that........hence those of us who like that kango hammer bang bang bang 200+ bpm shyte and those who prefer a bit more riddim n melody in their music! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

anyone know another tune that has the same sample as this in the first 30 seconds but pitched up its more so a hard trance tune but has the same sample at the start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMf716hCZw :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

Exactly,each to their own,variety the spice of life n all that........hence those of us who like that kango hammer bang bang bang 200+ bpm shyte and those who prefer a bit more riddim n melody in their music! ;)

i sense a poor attempt at hiding a "cheap shot" in the post :D
    could've dissed that tune from a height, but i rose above it ;)

• Advertisement

i sense a poor attempt at hiding a "cheap shot" in the post :D
    could've dissed that tune from a height, but i rose above it ;)

Thats abit of a persecution complex, there was no cheap shot in my post,all I said was there are those of us who like rhythm & melody and those of us who like ....noise (for want of a better word) :p

"could've dissed that tune from a height, but i rose above it"

Instead of using a poor attempt at hiding a cheap shot! :D Your disdain for all things 'Olympic' and the lesser 'Irish Club Scene' is well documented buddy! I knew what ya ment ;)

I guess it's ...........

:eek: *pops his pack of Solpadeine* ........catch ya on oos later Buddy lol

Advertisement