Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Window

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Rumors were in for Dembele again.... Haven't seen much if him but he played well against us in the game I did see... Good engine.

I’ve been fairly impressed with Dembele, he can pick a pass, tackle and seems to glide past players with ease. He'd be a good addition to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I know its only paper thalk but all this stuff about Samba threatening to strike, calling in sick last weekend etc is leaving a bad taste in my mouth - do we really want a player who behaves like that ... especially when he's suppose to be their club captain.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I know its only paper thalk but all this stuff about Samba threatening to strike, calling in sick last weekend etc is leaving a bad taste in my mouth - do we really want a player who behaves like that ... especially when he's suppose to be their club captain.

Short memory mate, do you forget what a certain croatian done not so long ago, that's modern day footballers for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

We have a 17 year old cb from Croatia Eduard Husinic on trial at the club.

In the last couple seasons the number of youths brought into the academy is incredible

Pato and Dechamps :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »

Huh?

Say what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Que?

would have helped if i'd posted the link :rolleyes:, go to harry hotspur site ( i cant access it from here at the min), you'll see it there, he reckons levy wants Pato in the window and wants DD in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

It would mean AC are back in for Tevez so? Jeez imagine Pato in the jersey mopping up off Bale,Lennon and VDV.

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    It would mean AC are back in for Tevez so? Jeez imagine Pato in the jersey mopping up off Bale,Lennon and VDV.
    Tevez looks set for PSG but talk of a falling out between pato and ibrahimovic I think

There's no way we'll sign Deschamps .. he's well past it and wouldnt keep up with the pace of the PL.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 superman123

Sky sports news transfer deadline coverage will be fairly dull this year. No one going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

I see where Kevin Davies is unsure of his future at Bolton. If we're not getting a "top, top " player in, I think he'd be a great shout. We're so poor at set pieces, he'd improve that when on, he'd lead the line if Ade got injured, and he wouldn't cost much.

I see where Kevin Davies is unsure of his future at Bolton. If we're not getting a "top, top " player in, I think he'd be a great shout. We're so poor at set pieces, he'd improve that when on, he'd lead the line if Ade got injured, and he wouldn't cost much.

3 years ago maybe, not today, we should be looking to strengthen with a top player if any at all.

I'd rather have Zamora if thats the case. Not quite the same type of player as Davies but he could do that role plus he's supposed to have fallen out with Jol etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Davies would be a great option off the bench.

Twitter linking us with Loan moves for Milito and Nilmar either would add a lot to the team and relatively low risk as well.

^^^ either would be awesome

I knew when the Cahill deal broke down at the last minute that Chelsea had gazumped us. Hope he breaks a leg;)

• Advertisement

Lads we were really lucky not to get Adam last January he's ****ing ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I knew when the Cahill deal broke down at the last minute that Chelsea had gazumped us. Hope he breaks a leg;)

In hindsight, am so glad we did not sign him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Lets not forget Joe Cole too!!!! Liverpool have played a major part in giving us such a decent midfield :pac:

He's a just a fat Joey Barton!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Looking at today's game, I think we're close. BAE had a bit of a shocker today, all day. I still don't know where there's a good LB to bring in. What today did show was that a world class 9 would put us right up there. Sell Pav, Charlie, and Bassong, and buy someone like Cavani for 35m, and we can look Citeh in the eye. Net 15 m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If Nathan Dyer of Swansea continues in good form for the season then he’s surely worth a punt. Equally as fast as Lennon, tricky and can deliver a ball. Lennon is in bad need of some competition.

I flicked on the Southampton game last night to check on Falque, he started the game but got taken off within the hour. He made little of no impact but the whole Southampton team were really poor. Worth keeping an eye on him as he’s impressed me the few times I’ve seen him in a Spurs jersey.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    If Nathan Dyer of Swansea continues in good form for the season then he’s surely worth a punt. Equally as fast as Lennon, tricky and can deliver a ball. Lennon is in bad need of some competition.

I flicked on the Southampton game last night to check on Falque, he started the game but got taken off within the hour. He made little of no impact but the whole Southampton team were really poor. Worth keeping an eye on him as he’s impressed me the few times I’ve seen him in a Spurs jersey.

Seemingly we are looking at Joe Allen from Swansea, my old man reckons he's excellent and could be a top player.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Seemingly we are looking at Joe Allen from Swansea, my old man reckons he's excellent and could be a top player.

i watched the Sunderland game and thought he was exellent. Always made him self available, always forward thing and drove forward with the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

I have also been impressed with him this season, a nice footballer playing in a team that play good football. He`s also only 21, which would tick one of Daniel Levys boxes when it comes to transfers and resale value

• Advertisement

i don't think we are going to have any signings this window unless they are longterm young signings like falque. Don't see Levy spending money on a Harry signing when he might not be around much longer.

Advertisement