Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Transfer Window

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A lot of the good defensive works comes from having a reliable keeper.

Brad had been a rock this season, I wonder where we’d be in the table if Gomes was still in nets?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Speaking of Brad, will he stay next year? I really don't want to go back to the old days of being worried anytime the ball went near the goals.

Any decent keepers on the market?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kiith wrote: »
    Speaking of Brad, will he stay next year? I really don't want to go back to the old days of being worried anytime the ball went near the goals.

Any decent keepers on the market?

He got a 2 year contract so yes he will be with us next season. It would be ideal to sign a good young keeper who Friedel and TP could groom and get ready for the following season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Jack Rodwell is the signing we need.

Quality cover for central midfield, young, can play centre back.

Everton badly need money and have a surplus of midfielders.

We have an injury crisis in midfield.

Ormus wrote: »

I’ve seen Rodwell play a few times this season and I'm still undecided about him.

Because he’s English you’d be looking at a crazy figure for him, similar to what Henderson went for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Marco Marin would be fantastic. Or the croation Tevez Olic at Munich

Rodwell is over rated, leave him off to United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Not one of ours but a buddy over the water tells me that united have enquired about fat lamps. I can see it happening from uniteds point of view but he'd never go there would he .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Would be a great signing for them short term. I'd say he'd go.

Very similar to huddlestone no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Samba & Hoilett on the cards?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082539/Tottenham-target-Chris-Samba-Junior-Hoilett.html

It would make sense for us given the injury prone Lennon and the likelihood that Bassong will move on.

For me Bassong is a liability, his confidence seems to be shot, something which I think HR recognised and tried to use the captaincy role in the Europa League games as a way of inspiring the Cameroonian, sadly it hasn't worked.

Samba would make a worthy replacement for him as a squad player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Samba & Hoilett on the cards?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082539/Tottenham-target-Chris-Samba-Junior-Hoilett.html

It would make sense for us given the injury prone Lennon and the likelihood that Bassong will move on.

For me Bassong is a liability, his confidence seems to be shot, something which I think HR recognised and tried to use the captaincy role in the Europa League games as a way of inspiring the Cameroonian, sadly it hasn't worked.

Samba would make a worthy replacement for him as a squad player.

IMO Samba would be too good to be a squad player, he would be expecting to be in the starting eleven.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    IMO Samba would be too good to be a squad player, he would be expecting to be in the starting eleven.

Agreed, Kaboul and Samba would make for a mean looking defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

KingdomYid wrote: »

King or Kaboul starting with Samba?. Cant imagine we would get more than 20 games out of King a season. Gallas could be let go at the end of the season, Dawson as third choice CB, Samba is far superior for me. Corluka will be gone in Jan, needs game time for the Euros. Buy Samba and at least you can move Kaboul across to right back if Walker is injured or is moved up to right midfield due to injury or whatever.

Hopefully with Champs league next year, Caulker can get plenty of Cup games, if we suffer a huge collapse he could be playing Europa games!

Havent seen much of Hoilett to be honest.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    King or Kaboul starting with Samba?. Cant imagine we would get more than 20 games out of King a season. Gallas could be let go at the end of the season, Dawson as third choice CB, Samba is far superior for me. Corluka will be gone in Jan, needs game time for the Euros. Buy Samba and at least you can move Kaboul across to right back if Walker is injured or is moved up to right midfield due to injury or whatever.

Hopefully with Champs league next year, Caulker can get plenty of Cup games, if we suffer a huge collapse he could be playing Europa games!

Havent seen much of Hoilett to be honest.

Hoilett has been hit and miss, it's hard to tell with him playing in a very poor Blackburn side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Hoilett has been hit and miss, it's hard to tell with him playing in a very poor Blackburn side.

A perfect replacement for Lennon so :D.

Samba and Kaboul would be a beast of a pairing! a good threat at set pieces also. I think Gallas has done a great job for us but looks like his time is up this season.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Very similar to huddlestone no ?

I think Rodwell is much better than Hudd, faster and much better movement. Hudd is basically Jan Molby reincarnated.

I think Rodwell is much better than Hudd, faster and much better movement. Hudd is basically Jan Molby reincarnated.

I agree he is more mobile than Hudd, but I'm not convinced of him as of yet. He hasn't exactly been setting the world alight over the last 18 months with Everton.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I agree he is more mobile than Hudd, but I'm not convinced of him as of yet. He hasn't exactly been setting the world alight over the last 18 months with Everton.

True, but he hasn't had a decent run of games until this season, when he has started to get it together.

Last season was a write off for him, he had injuries and never got going.

Also, does anyone ever really set the world alight at Everton?

If he had done well last season he'd be at United by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rodwell doesn't get a good run of games because he's perenially injured not what we need at the club poor HUD and Ledly are already bad enough.

Rodwell doesn't get a good run of games because he's perenially injured not what we need at the club poor HUD and Ledly are already bad enough.

I suspect you're basing that on one injury he had last season?

Hudd has played a lotta games for us too, I think perennially injured is harsh!

Comparing Hudd or Rodwell with Ledley is bizarre. Perhaps you're mixing Rodwell up with Hargreaves.

• Advertisement

I suspect you're basing that on one injury he had last season?

Hudd has played a lotta games for us too, I think perennially injured is harsh!

Comparing Hudd or Rodwell with Ledley is bizarre. Perhaps you're mixing Rodwell up with Hargreaves.
    Rodwells been injured a bit this season too i think I just meant in comparison to Ledly we don't need players with a history of getting injured.

he's played 12 games this season and just got injured again and is meant to be out for "the foreseeable future"

Rodwells been injured a bit this season too i think I just meant in comparison to Ledly we don't need players with a history of getting injured.

he's played 12 games this season and just got injured again and is meant to be out for "the foreseeable future"

Now is the perfect time to put in a cheeky £35m bid, plus Hudd.

Ok I'll stop banging on about Rodwell, enough is enough.

So Arry has come out and said he is looking to buy. The papers reckon a double bid for Samba and Hoilett. They would be 2 good squad players for sure and might freshen things up after a few tired looking performances. Not really any better than what we already have though. Plus Blackburn would be conceding relegation if they sold them.

One paper mentions Ganso. Never actually seen him play but he sounds out of our league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

QPR make official £5m bid for Samba

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16442700.stm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

£35 million and Hudd for Rodwell? :eek:

You crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

You could buy the whole everton squad for that!

Kiith wrote: »
    £35 million and Hudd for Rodwell? :eek:

You crazy!

Kidding! Could buy Andy Carroll for that kinda money!

I would pay 10m plus Hudd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Wouldn't agree with you there pal. Rodwell, for me, is in the water carrier mould whereas Hudd on his day controls the pace & tempo of the game, especially when we're playing at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

With regards to a keeper, what would everyone one think of krul at Newcastle? I've been very impressed with him

So Harry says he has no idea who Ganso is...... so who reckons he will be available for the Everton game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Rodwell = Jenas mk II

No thanks

Advertisement