Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

4mins left, going to the wire

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

4mins left, going to the wire

1 min left, Edinburgh have a scrum outside their 22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

C'mon Edinburgh!

Edinburgh win it. Delighted for them and Bradley.

Scottish rugby needs one of the two teams doing well in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Edinburgh win it. Delighted for them and Bradley.

Scottish rugby needs one of the two teams doing well in Europe.

That is a massive result and it puts London Irish in serious trouble, huge bonus for Cardiff too.

• Advertisement

Aironi 12-28 Leicester, Morris started on the wing ahead of Scott Hamilton and scored a try.

There's just so much rugby on tv today. If I wasn't dying of a hangover I'd be having the time of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

So far we've had 4 upsets from 5, and in the other match it was very nearly a massive upset. Leicester denied bonus, Leinster draw, LI and RM lose at home. Very good start to the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Jesus you can actually hear people ordering hotdogs in the liberty stadium it's so empty and quiet.

R.I.P Welsh Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The Sky Sports commentators say utterly mad stuff sometimes. "ohh that was nearly the perfect opening 60 seconds" and "Could they get a try? The Dream opening 6 minutes".

Seriously nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Are we going to have to put up with sky and their touch screen malarkey all season? Fcuking hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Looking forward to seeing Glasgow host Bath tomorrow, feel there might be an upset on the cards in that one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Surley wrote: »
    Are we going to have to put up with sky and their touch screen malarkey all season? Fcuking hate it

It really is awful, also hope Greenwood gets a word in his here to stop his 5 minute rambles consisting of outdated bs clichés and english team lobbying. Unlistenable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The consistency with which Northampton score points is terrifying. Leaving out their games against Embra in the pools last year, they scored:

18 vs Castres
    23 vs Cardiff
    23 vs Cardiff
    23 vs Castres
    23 vs Ulster
    23 vs Perpignan
    22 vs Leinster
    21 vs Munster

Basically, if you can get to about 25 against them, you're golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Am I the only one that likes Sky's coverage? Okay, so maybe it's a bit of a 'guilty pleasure', but I just love it! Sure it's cheesy as f**k, but c'mon, let's compare it to the RWC (itv, rte, setanta etc), it's absolutely streets ahead in terms of production value. Sure the commentators are often so bad they're just wrong, and the analysis is basically a form of masturbation for studio lads, but it's worth it with all the gloss, camera work, music, arrangement etc., etc.

I re-watched Leinster's final, and even from the get go before the match started I was like, 'Wow.. this sh*t's all over the RWC final'. And when the players are getting attention we're treated to beautiful slo-mo and sped up replays and shots.. it's like watching a feature film. I love it. I remember being at Cardiff and seeing Sky TV crews all over the place and saying to myself 'Can't wait to get home and re-watch it!'

Today was a great example of some of their work - the half time re-cap of the Munster match had some great shots, they always catch the right things in the crowd/stadium and compile them with some great music over some gameplay action. You really feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Cheesy, but when you've got the substance and quality of premium rugby as the main feature it works oh so well.

... so, rant over! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

.ak wrote: »
    Am I the only one that likes Sky's coverage? Okay, so maybe it's a bit of a 'guilty pleasure', but I just love it! Sure it's cheesy as f**k, but c'mon, let's compare it to the RWC (itv, rte, setanta etc), it's absolutely streets ahead in terms of production value. Sure the commentators are often so bad they're just wrong, and the analysis is basically a form of masturbation for studio lads, but it's worth it with all the gloss, camera work, music, arrangement etc., etc.

I re-watched Leinster's final, and even from the get go before the match started I was like, 'Wow.. this sh*t's all over the RWC final'. And when the players are getting attention we're treated to beautiful slo-mo and sped up replays and shots.. it's like watching a feature film. I love it. I remember being at Cardiff and seeing Sky TV crews all over the place and saying to myself 'Can't wait to get home and re-watch it!'

Today was a great example of some of their work - the half time re-cap of the Munster match had some great shots, they always catch the right things in the crowd/stadium and compile them with some great music over some gameplay action. You really feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Cheesy, but when you've got the substance and quality of premium rugby as the main feature it works oh so well.

... so, rant over! :D

Nothing is more cringe worthy than Paul Wallace looking lovingly into the eyes of Will Greenwood. I was sure they were going to make out at some point today. Although Wally probably saves that for the ad break. Wouldn't want another Belgrano incident, he might get sacked

Glasgow 6-6 Bath, 35 minutes gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Some poor stuff. Berdos is letting people away with murder at the breakdown and it's making for a poor game to watch. Good shoeing there from Glasgow. Hooper gets danced on, torn jersey and all for his troubles from some good footwork! :D

Glasgow hit the front. Come on the Weegies!

Also, obligatory "Richie Gray is bloody awesome" comment.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

GerM wrote: »

Some poor stuff. Berdos is letting people away with murder at the breakdown and it's making for a poor game to watch. Good shoeing there from Glasgow. Hooper gets danced on, torn jersey and all for his troubles from some good footwork! :D

Glasgow hit the front. Come on the Weegies!

Also, obligatory "Richie Gray is bloody awesome" comment.
    Glasgee winning would be another boost for leinster.
    Both teams look poor though.

GerM wrote: »
    Hooper gets danced on, torn jersey and all for his troubles from some good footwork! :D.

Commentary was spot on I thought. "Good Old Fashioned rucking". Don't get caught on the wrong side, and it won't happen to you. Thought Bardos was hilarious.

• Advertisement

Even the lock that got the shoeing had a wry smile after it. Can't believe there was even an issue with SOB after his rucking.

No doubt all those who thought that SOB should've been carded will be up in arms once more...

It is hard to watch though. This is a second string bath team and they're away from home and are looking to cause a growing glasgow team with internationals a big problem.

NEither team looking good here, but as a Leinster fan I want the Scots to get their home win. ;-)

9-9 now, both sides are useless tbh.

I got so bored I cleaned the oven.

9-12 now, young Heathcote with a very good kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

!PENALTY GOAL SCORED !

!3 POINT GAME - 24 MINS TO GO!

(doing my best for a bit of enthusiasm)

What was that you say, a try? :eek:

Hogg in for Glasgow.

Converted: 16-12 to Glasgow.

Heathcote replies: 16-15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

My enthusiasm worked! Glasgow 16-15 Bath!

Advertisement