Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just did a quick comparison with Cardiff who won the Championship. My top rated players are a little behind their top rated players. Not much in it (I dont have all of their attribiutes but from what I do have) from the looks of things. Top half of the Championship would be my guess.

Wow now that's a surprise, the championship is about the 7th best league in Europe in the game in terms of quality of players and money from what I can see...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wow now that's a surprise, the championship is about the 7th best league in Europe in the game in terms of quality of players and money from what I can see...

It's only based on the attributes of the highest ranked players for each side. I haven't scouted any of the Cardiff players so their numbers could be way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Was it not a good ending to the season...well not such a good ending for myself:(

I know the blog lacks a little something which is probably due to my writing skills(more like my lack of writing skills:o)

I liked it! I wanted to do something like that for Crawley but was too lazy.

Looking forward to finding out how you get on next season.

I liked it! I wanted to do something like that for Crawley but was too lazy.

Looking forward to finding out how you get on next season.

Same here mate, started into pre season last nigh, taking it slow. Still in shock after last season:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Devastated. Coming to the end of December and Crawley are sitting at 15th in the Premiership, having been dumped out of the Champions League last in the group.

We can't get a win from everywhere and I'm not really sure where the problem lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've just had to release a 20 year old on a free because he was injuring all my players in training. I said that if he injured one more player then he was gone. A broken leg he gave a player who was progressing well in my youth system!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just started my 3rd season with Middlesbrough. Won the Championship in my first season, and finished 8th in my second. For the first half of that season I lost 1-0 so many times despite ALWAYS having more possession and literally 3 times as many efforts than the opposition. WBA had one shot in the entire match against me an scored whilst I had about 25 and couldn't score. If I had picked up points when I really should have I would have made the Champion's League easily.

United won the league in the first season with Everton, Newcastle, and Spurs making the Champion's League. No Europe at all for Arsenal, City, or Liverpool! Reading and Southampton both won the domestic cups, both beating Fulham in the final. Norwich, again of the Championship, won the League Cup in my second season. Madness!

Here's my team at the moment:

I play 4-4-1-1 usually.

Consigli - Italian number 2. Bought for £2.8m from Atlanta. Class keeper. Great reflexes.
    Miguel Torres - £3.8m from Getafe. Keeps getting booked. Little knacker.
    Kara - £1m from Tromso. Amazing defender. Would recommend to anyone.
    Papastatinopolous - £8.5m from Genoa. Just signed him.
    Ziegler - £900k from Juventus. Solid player.
    Weiss - £5m from City. My player of the year last season.
    Fernando - £1.9m from Porto. Class. Brazil international.
    Jali - £350k from Orlando Pirates. Wastes a lot of chances but key player.
    De Bruyne - LOAN from Chelsea. Just signed. Looks good.
    Mertens - £5.75m from PSV. Great stats. Good player.
    Quintero - £2.6m from Luagana. Hit 34 league goals 1st season and 21 in my second.

Subs:
    Steele
    Fabio
    Savic
    Vass
    Sam
    Labyad
    Traore

I brought my Rostock team to relegation and got sacked. :o

At Waterford United now and have moved them from 10th to 4th in my short time here. Dunno if the second promotion spot is achievable with only 12 games left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Heading into my 4th season with Spurs. At the third time asking I won the league after coming 3rd two years in a row. Have won the FA Cup 3 years on the trot too.

I'm in a bit of bother now though cos I only have 4 homegrown players in the squad after Aaron Lennon, Defoe, and King all left.

Defoe wasn't interested in signing any new contract. Lennon signed a contract with Villa, didn't really want him to leave but he wanted more than the wage limit for a rotation player. King is retiring.

Might sign Andy Carroll as a backup striker, and one or two others. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Love how Rigger thanks posts mentioning Andy Carroll. Think I'll sign him for my Villa game.

And play him in the reserves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Decided to give Hamburg a go, got sacked by October. No money for transfers and crap players taking up the wage budget.

Managing Tochigi SC in J2 Japan. Just waiting for the transfer window to open to try and improve, my keeper is shocking and my midfield needs a playmaker badly.

As I post this I am losing 1-7 at home. F**k :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Love how Rigger thanks posts mentioning Andy Carroll. Think I'll sign him for my Villa game.

And play him in the reserves

I see that. :eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just finished me 3rd season. Came 4th and now have Atletico in the Champion's League qualifier. Have United away on the first day of the season. Lost 7-0 there last season, my highest ever defeat ever since playing FM. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll

What about him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Don't know how this happened,

Took over from Chris Hughton in 2013 as Ireland Manager

Qualified via play offs for the world cup

Using a 4-2-2-2 formation

came second in the group got Brazil in the last 16

Shane Long gets a hat trick and O'Shea from a corner and i beat Brazil 4-1

Russian in the 1/4 Finals manage to beat them 3-1 with Robbie Keane with 2 and O'Shea again

Italy next in the semi final, 1-1 after 90 mins with Robbie Keane getting the equaliser in the 86th minute and 1 and O'Shea from another corner in extra time

Argentina in the final so looking over there records and them playing aguero and messi up front and tevez and a few other big names in midfield i decide to play 1-5-3-2-1 and be ultra conservitive,

draw the game 1-1 and to penos, Ireland 5 Argentina 3

So yeah i took an average irish team to the world cup 2 years after the euros here and won it,

Not sure what to make of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Love how Rigger thanks posts mentioning Andy Carroll.
    Andy Carroll
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    What about him? :confused:

Doesnt always work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

allanb49 wrote: »
    Argentina in the final so looking over there records and them playing aguero and messi up front and tevez and a few other big names in midfield i decide to play 1-5-3-2-1 and be ultra conservitive,

draw the game 1-1 and to penos, Ireland 5 Argentina 3

So yeah i took an average irish team to the world cup 2 years after the euros here and won it,

Not sure what to make of that...

How did you get to play 12 outfield players? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How did you get to play 12 outfield players? :confused: :pac:

1 Keeper
    1 Sweeper
    3 CB
    2 FB
    2 DM
    1 CM
    1 Striker

Think i may have made a mistake this morning :P

At my first full season at Waterford United I won the First Division by 14 points, Irish League Cup, Irish Munster Senior Cup and The Irish Senior Cup. So that's a clean sweep for me! The club has also seen its finances sore to the million euro mark. I've also now qualified for the EURO Cup next season.

My striker claimed player of the year.
    A defender of mine won Young Player of The Year.
    My keeper won Goalkeeper of the Year.
    I won manager of the year.
    5 of my players made it to the Team of The Year squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

4th season with Spurs:

Won the League for the second time, Carling Cup and Champions League.

Didn't end up signing Andy Carroll. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've just had to release a 20 year old on a free because he was injuring all my players in training. I said that if he injured one more player then he was gone. A broken leg he gave a player who was progressing well in my youth system!

Ha similar here. Demichelis broke Loïc Rémy's leg twice in one season during training. He lost so many physical attributes he is useless now and I released Demichelis on a free (Not so much free @ €7mil release) but I wanted him gone quickly! Never had a player pissed me off so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got a copy of a game from a friend (his blackburn team had quite an inexperienced side with pretty much all the wonderkids he could find).

1st season: Joined about November and made good progress achieving a Europa League qualification.

2nd season: Brought in a bit more experience and let some deadwood go (including Rochina who is often given a good rating on here and other places). Downing is quite a good purchase (got him for half nothing from Liverpool). So a good mix of youth and senior ranking players mean we unfortuantely got knocked out of League Cup by Man Scum.
    Finished 3rd in the league!
    Won the FA Cup hammering Everton iirc 7-2
    Won the Europa League beating Inter 1-0

When I added myself as the manager I set the experience as Sunday League footballer and the fans and some players were unsure about my appointment. Proved them all wrong so I did :D

If you are looking for a GK - Paul Robinson is actually a really decent keeper

Also won Manager of the Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Managing Hertha. Currently midtable in the Bundesliga first season. Finances gone insecure though so might be relying on young talent next year as I've started paying 500k a month off a loan!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dsmythy wrote: »
    Managing Hertha. Currently midtable in the Bundesliga first season. Finances gone insecure though so might be relying on young talent next year as I've started paying 500k a month off a loan!

At Hamburg they make you pay nearly €2m a month on 2 different loans which is ridiculously unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Just approaching the end of my 5th season with Dortmund.

Would the Bundesliga last year for the first time in 3 years but the board were more pissed off that I lost the Cup final on pens. They are ridiuclously hard to please.

Still in the Champions league (beyond the last 16 for the first time)/ Finally copped on to playing an extra midfielder in Europe- for my league games i go with a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond and in Europe just played counter based 4-1-3-2 and its worked a treat so far.

been debating whether to sell gotze or not. Have him on a long term deal but theres clubs sniffing around for 50 mill.

Anyone any insight as to what hes like once he hits 25/26? cos i might just cash in now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Doesnt always work

Patience! Get there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

In 2033 now with Shamrock Rovers, 6 Champions League/Super Cup/Club World Cup wins, new stadium with my name that holds around 53k now (can be expanded), unfortunately the club still can't produce any decent players. Had a Brazilian youngster who was homegrown for me, but he went to Arsenal for £40m :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bertser wrote: »
    In 2033 now with Shamrock Rovers, 6 Champions League/Super Cup/Club World Cup wins, new stadium with my name that holds around 53k now (can be expanded), unfortunately the club still can't produce any decent players. Had a Brazilian youngster who was homegrown for me, but he went to Arsenal for £40m :(
    There is no way you did this without editing/cheating.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    There is no way you did this without editing/cheating.

Yes it is, I've once had a save file were I took Boh's to a champions league final after 19 season's. But that was back in an earlier edition, with the dynamic league structure and the money in the Irish game in FM12 its possible but still very hard

*500th post*

Advertisement