Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    There is no way you did this without editing/cheating.

20 years of game time. Easily doable. In two years I've gotten my youth products from abysmal to pretty good. Keep at it for 20 years and they will keep getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

As said before, since I think FM11 the game has had Dynamic league reputation which means that leagues don't get stuck with the same reputation over the course of the game.

It shifts in different directions now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mars Bar wrote: »
    At my first full season at Waterford United I won the First Division by 14 points, Irish League Cup, Irish Munster Senior Cup and The Irish Senior Cup. So that's a clean sweep for me! The club has also seen its finances sore to the million euro mark. I've also now qualified for the EURO Cup next season.

My striker claimed player of the year.
    A defender of mine won Young Player of The Year.
    My keeper won Goalkeeper of the Year.
    I won manager of the year.
    5 of my players made it to the Team of The Year squad.

I remember managing Waterford before, I actually managed to get Carlton Cole somehow, free transfer anyway I think absolute goal machine in the Irish league.

Wish I could remember more about that game :(

Became the clear dominant team in Ireland and got to a CL final but the club could never progress past a certain point unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Well thanks for the accusation, but it's all legitimate and I don't see why I would cheat because it's no fun whatsoever, do you want proof or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Bertser wrote: »
    In 2033 now with Shamrock Rovers, 6 Champions League/Super Cup/Club World Cup wins, new stadium with my name that holds around 53k now (can be expanded), unfortunately the club still can't produce any decent players. Had a Brazilian youngster who was homegrown for me, but he went to Arsenal for £40m :(

Thats damn impressive,how many of the 6 trophy's were champions league?
    Also out of interest,in the LOI whats your average attendence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I think he was saying he won the Champions League 6 times as well as winning the other two 6 times each.

tvercetti wrote: »
    I think he was saying he won the Champions League 6 times as well as winning the other two 6 times each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

What a dickish comment!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

MrKingsley wrote: »
    been debating whether to sell gotze or not. Have him on a long term deal but theres clubs sniffing around for 50 mill.

Anyone any insight as to what hes like once he hits 25/26? cos i might just cash in now

Player of the year for 5 seasons running for me from 2014-2019. Messi stopped him from going 6 in '13 and some regen that Milan signed won it in 2020. Götze won it again in 2021 and 2023.

Simply put, he's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Player of the year for 5 seasons running for me from 2014-2019. Messi stopped him from going 6 in '13 and some regen that Milan signed won it in 2020. Götze won it again in 2021 and 2023.

Simply put, he's brilliant

Cheers mate.

Just at that stage with a few really young promising players though that need first team football so was wondering if id be better off playing thm and keeping the money in the bank.

Yet to win the champions league in 5 attempts though so will keep onto him in that case

• Advertisement

Probably should've communicated that better, I meant I've won 6 of each, and my average attendance is a slight bit lower in the league than in Europe but it's still 51695, under 2000 lower than the capacity. Nearest is Cork who's average is 8914, they're the only other team who's really progressed, Dundalk are beginning to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

tvercetti wrote: »
    What a dickish comment!!!!
    I stand by it.

I stand by it.

So look at this and tell me it can't be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I stand by it.

It can be done. By 2017 with Sligo Rovers I was in the CL groups twice and qualifying for the EL was simple enough. I was selling players for huge amounts of money including a regen Italian keeper to Roma for €19m.

I would have been able to do so much more if SI hadn't made a balls of the game. It was going at a snails pace so I had to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I stand by it.

OK, if he uploads his save game and you're wrong I sense a charity earning a fiver :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I stand by it.

OK, if he uploads his save game and you're wrong I sense a charity earning a fiver :pac:
    How would that prove that he hasn't been reloading?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

How would that prove that he hasn't been reloading?

Cant you see how many times you have made a save in the game? It would be ridiculously high if you save before each game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Yakult wrote: »
    Cant you see how many times you have made a save in the game? It would be ridiculously high if you save before each game.
    I save before every game in case it crashes, so that wouldn't really prove anything.

I save before every game in case it crashes, so that wouldn't really prove anything.

Have you ever done it for 20+ plus seasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Have you ever done it for 20+ plus seasons?
    Never got that far, I always get bored of my saves within 5-10 seasons :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I autosave every day just in case.

If he were cheating, surely he'd have won more than 6 champions leagues over a 20 year period?

My savegame is 350mb now as I had a large database and was unaware of the problems SI have created with the game, runs very slow, there's about 250000 players in the database but only Ireland loaded. Anyway I've saved the game 323 times, I don't really care if CSF thinks I've cheated because I clearly haven't, I hardly would've beaten Bayern 7-1 in my 2nd final if I had to reset to achieve that result.

Just on the topic of saving,I hardly ever save,think I have an autosave of every 3 months and thats about it.
    Although on older games that has come back to bite me on the ass a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Midway through my second season at Waterford and I've managed to stay second in the league and get to the 4th round of the Euro Cup! I have 4 games in hand on other teams in the league. Hopefully with these finances coming in from our Euro Cup success, the club can go full time soon.

Atletico Madrid 1 - 5 Cork City

Seems the rest of the league may finally be catching up :cool:

Getting to the 4th round of the Euro Cup and raking in half a million Euro in prize money has been to the detriment of my league form. Can't win a game at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Getting to the 4th round of the Euro Cup and raking in half a million Euro in prize money has been to the detriment of my league form. Can't win a game at the moment!

Gotta be good in the long run.

Gotta be good in the long run.

Yep. I was tipped for relegation so I probably shouldn't be complaining. The money will mean coming closer to going full time which is what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Yep. I was tipped for relegation so I probably shouldn't be complaining. The money will mean coming closer to going full time which is what I want.

Does the game promote teams from the lower divisions into the first division from the regional ones?

• Advertisement

Does the game promote teams from the lower divisions into the first division from the regional ones?

Dunno. I'll have a look at the first division clubs when I'm on again and see...

Advertisement