Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

51296197.jpg

You didnt need to fcuking help them!!!! :mad:

I dont think thats a bad start, provided I can get all those goals at the right end in future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had a great season with my squad of average age 23!

Won the EPL, FA Cup, League Cup, Club World Championship, European Super Cup & Community Shield

:D

Lost to Barcelona in the Semi final of the Champions League though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Doing the Pentagon Challenge at the moment. Got a job at the terrible Gangneung City. I took over halfway through the season and they were last. Managed to finish second last .

Next season free'd up the wages a lot and got in quite a few decent free players. Did suprisingly well and scraped 6th place qualifying for the playoffs. Got a very lucky win against Daejon and won the N-league and most importantly won promotion to the K-League.

We were terrible! It wasn't long before I was sick of it and took over the struggling Jeju who were second last, survived relegation and won the FA Cup (They were already in the final when I joined )

With no transfer funds whatsoever and wages 15k+ over the budget I was only able to sign free players, but my god were they amazing! Released/sold a lot of dead wood who were well overpaid and managed to bring in these three rising stars for free.

Buru_Overview__Profile_2.png
    Ilker_Yilmaz_Overview__Profile.png
    Tatsuya_Mogi_Overview__Profile.png

With a revamped squad we had a very positive season winning the league comfortably. My brazilian frontline (Buru and Robert) bagged 30+ goals each! Along with the league we did extremely well in the Champions League winning most of the games without too much effort :D

I was sad to have to leave the club after all the work but it was time to move to Orlando Pirates to bring home the South African Champions League!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

After 5 seasons my aim was finally realised. I finally got Chester into the football league via the BSP play offs. :)

I'll put up some screen shots later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Still soldiering away on FM09 here, frustrated that I lost 7-4 over 2 games to Barca with my Shakhtar side.

Still, I was playing Vladimir Weiss at RB, so I suppose I must have done alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

Yesterday at the end of the 2015/16 season my dream of bringing Sunderland league glory came through, winning the league from City by 3 points along with a peno shootout win over Chelsea in the FA Cup but a heavy 3-0 loss to Lyon in the Europa League Final kind of ruined my treble....

Then Barcelona go and mess things up by offering me their job and 225 million to spend and now iv not played it since as i still dont know what to do :mad: the joys of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

In April 2013 with Pompey

We're in the PL, had a horrendous time for the first 6 months, in the Relegation zone

Not able to win anything, However since i won the league cup last season i'm in the Europa league, i topped the table with only 1 loss and 1 draw, got to the semi final of the league cup, and the 4th round of the fa cup,

I've hit a good bit of form in 16th position last night, No money for transfers, my top scorer is Ben-Haim,

I've also hit a bit of an injury crisis in the sense i've had to promote 2 15 year olds to left and right back,

Will post up pics later for your pleasure,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

louthguy25 wrote: »
    Yesterday at the end of the 2015/16 season my dream of bringing Sunderland league glory came through, winning the league from City by 3 points along with a peno shootout win over Chelsea in the FA Cup but a heavy 3-0 loss to Lyon in the Europa League Final kind of ruined my treble....

Then Barcelona go and mess things up by offering me their job and 225 million to spend and now iv not played it since as i still dont know what to do :mad: the joys of the game

You save the game at the job offer. Then either play on as Sunderland or take up the new job.
    Either way when you are bored, you can go back to your save and try it the other way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

You save the game at the job offer. Then either play on as Sunderland or take up the new job.
    Either way when you are bored, you can go back to your save and try it the other way!
    I did that before when I was offered the Barca job! Needless to say I got bored...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

James__10 wrote: »
    After 5 seasons my aim was finally realised. I finally got Chester into the football league via the BSP play offs. :)

I'll put up some screen shots later

Just watched chester get promoted to the BSN irl on monday with a 1-1 draw with Northwich.

In FM2012 I've just got the sweden job after working my way up as a sunday leaguer manager.
    Started at Go ahead eagles in Holland. Left before end of season 1 taking over at Athlone town. Mid table div 1. Season 2 won div 1. Season 3 survived on last day of season in prem. season 4 finished 5th and then left for Ross County.

Have taken Ross County (with 0 transfer money in first 3 seasons) from survival on last day of season in div 1 to 7th in the SPL in 4 seasons and have just been given the Sweden job. (I've been Ireland u19, Ghana u23 and USA u21 manager)

I'm struggling with whether to move on from county now and look for another challenge. I have no money and can't compete with the big 2. I play llama rules so now scouring for wonderkids for me.

I'm thinking swedish league or try italy next. Anyone any leagues they would recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Started a season with swansea, going quite well!

Best Win

b13b2034f159c67650f57270f07266ee.png?1334399092

Biggest Win

e417ff6392e1e0b16076179dd1a70ba9.png?1334399143

Biggest Loss

6b87e8613ab3831c91db83a674bdff39.png?1334398719

Transfers

186ba5678605f015ab1f6bdc2fc5629d.png?1334398817

League Position

6d9c40666ef4f9981473bd9fff2ac10e.png?1334399243

Only early days but hopefully i can keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

ASOT, where did you get all the lovely graphics for your game?

flyswatter wrote: »
    ASOT, where did you get all the lovely graphics for your game?

fm-base.co.uk, I downloaded a good few kit/picture/competition/face packs!

Hey guys decided to stay with Sunderland but now iv a problem, Jack Wilshire is my main player but he has 12 months left of a contract and he wont settle for less than 350k a week and 7 million signing on fee and his agent wants 6 million the greedy feck. I can only offer 195k and 5 million signing and 4 for the hungry agent and thats after reducing my transfer budget to 0 and wages to max.... Any ideas?

ASOT wrote: »
    fm-base.co.uk, I downloaded a good few kit/picture/competition/face packs!

Thanks, I went and got the German, English Premier League, Russian, Brazilian, Argentinian, Portuguese and more besides. I'd recommend also downloading the file that changes the competition names to their real names.
    Hey guys decided to stay with Sunderland but now iv a problem, Jack Wilshire is my main player but he has 12 months left of a contract and he wont settle for less than 350k a week and 7 million signing on fee and his agent wants 6 million the greedy feck. I can only offer 195k and 5 million signing and 4 for the hungry agent and thats after reducing my transfer budget to 0 and wages to max.... Any ideas?

Just try negotiating with them, that seems like way too much for Wilshere, make him a key player in the contract negotiations and offer the best you can, reduce the signing on fee and add another clause that makes up for it.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Thanks, I went and got the German, English Premier League, Russian, Brazilian, Argentinian, Portuguese and more besides. I'd recommend also downloading the file that changes the competition names to their real names.

Just try negotiating with them, that seems like way too much for Wilshere, make him a key player in the contract negotiations and offer the best you can, reduce the signing on fee and add another clause that makes up for it.

I did he set everything to max already and wont take a drop hes good but i have Gorcuff and he might be better... lets hope he drops the agent

Cant you ask the board to increase your wage budget?

Yes and you get the usual nonsense the budget you have is enought to attract the players needed to succeed guess il have to just keep praising him until im in his favourite personnell

Well one season down, Managed to finish 6th and win Manager of the year!

1ed357ccc55a85fc60dd9f68d437485e.png?1334580712

6fea7902379cd11fb9f9b2de127c70d7.png?1334580320

6f2366eb3c3652ff61d781ec6ee2d182.png?1334580290

618760005fa6d182d3fc08cef85dd5d0.png?1334580397

Only three Champions League spots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

ASOT did you go on holiday in Mexico or something? :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Only three Champions League spots?

I have no idea what happened there, i taught i would have gotten an EL spot aswell?
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    ASOT did you go on holiday in Mexico or something? :D

Yeah actually haha i just like mexicans so im half mexican in the game!

I have no idea what happened there, i taught i would have gotten an EL spot aswell?
    That's what I expected when you said 6th at the start. Did they only start with three spots or something? Doubt something like that just slips through the cracks.

I'd say you were more than a little pissed when you seen you didnt get into the EL. I know I would.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That's what I expected when you said 6th at the start. Did they only start with three spots or something? Doubt something like that just slips through the cracks.

I'd say you were more than a little pissed when you seen you didnt get into the EL. I know I would.

I havnt a clue thats just how it panned out, yeah i was even more pissed that i conceded a 90+5 minute goal v blackburn to lose the carling cup haha

Complete overhaul of the team this season!

cb35a89116a74bbce41ea0ece8e6918c.png?1334593279

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

After 13 years of trying, finally!

fpgm2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Complete overhaul of the team this season!

cb35a89116a74bbce41ea0ece8e6918c.png?1334593279

Nice! Do you find that you initally lose a lot of games having so many new players?
    Are you playing Nanglis, sanogo and cotton from the start?
    I never develop them properly.

Cotton can be awkard, best as a BWM but is very primma donna and doesnt like to be trained!

Nice! Do you find that you initally lose a lot of games having so many new players?
    Are you playing Nanglis, sanogo and cotton from the start?
    I never develop them properly.

Cotton can be awkard, best as a BWM but is very primma donna and doesnt like to be trained!

Since i signed them i havnt played yet bar two games which i won but i have sonogo playing more and more & since i sold sinclaire im gradually bringing naglis into the team!

I have cotten out on loan at MK Dons!

How many achievements have you all unlocked? Iv got 33 out of 91 myself

• Advertisement

Well Damiao is an absolute beast!

Advertisement