Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gays want to take over the rest of Society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

eightyfish wrote: »
    I never mentioned racism :) I simply changed your question to mention something else that's an accident of birth, instead of sexuality.

you mentioned race,
    ou want an answer? There is no situation where the only difference between two prospective couples would be their sexuality and nothing else. But theoretically both couples should be able to adopt. So I guess the decider has to be who's higher on the waiting list.

but you didn't answer:rolleyes:

both are on the waiting list the same time.now who gets the child?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

thebullkf wrote: »
    race has nothing to do with it. you know this.

Indeed. Discrimination does. That is the point the poster was making. Race and sexual orientation are 2 of the criteria under which discrimination is illegal. I don't think you got it!

i did read it. my :confused: was because it didn't require fixing. you're awfully good and getting things skewed to your POV.

Thank you.
    Care to answer the question or yet more fudging:rolleyes:

No I won't answer the question. I find it irrelivant. Nobody has suggested we should play hetero and homosexual couples off against each other. The idea is absurd.

geetar wrote: »
    you sir, are the biggest troll ever.

reported this bit:rolleyes:

instead of asking people to start a new thread, why dont you answer their questoins intead of brushing them aside and sarcastically answering them with a smiley face:)

since when is a straight couple and minority discrimination not relevant to this topic?

answer the questions or gtfo.

:)[/QUOTE]

i refuse to answer such blatant rude posts:mad:

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Indeed. Discrimination does. That is the point the poster was making. Race and sexual orientation are 2 of the criteria under which discrimination is illegal. I don't think you got it!

Thank you.

No I won't answer the question. I find it irrelivant. Nobody has suggested we should play hetero and homosexual couples off against each other. The idea is absurd.

twas a simple question, you refuse to answer, fair enough.

for someone b=who was badgering another poster to answer your questions you're pretty quiet when one is asked of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

instead of asking people to start a new thread, why dont you answer their questoins intead of brushing them aside and sarcastically answering them with a smiley face:)

since when is a straight couple and minority discrimination not relevant to this topic?

answer the questions or gtfo.

:)

Now, now, trolling is against the forum charter, thebullkf. I'll say no further, as I don't want to come across as a "backseat" moderator, which is also against the forum charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

i'm not demanding anything, i asked a simple question.

it was likend to racism, its not.

I will answer though.

the hetero couple all the time as balance is there and a child benefits more from having a mother and a father, all things being equal.

But the maternal warmth role is soooo important.

If there was any doubt what you were at......................

Shame, sets fathers rights advocates back a century with moronic opinions like that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

twas a simple question, you refuse to answer, fair enough.

for someone b=who was badgering another poster to answer your questions you're pretty quiet when one is asked of you.

I think you'll find i've answered ALL of your questions. Once again, you're not paying attention.

But since you insist I can give you a simple answer. In your hypothesis, the decision will not be made at that time. Because, still, all things are equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

both are on the waiting list the same time.now who gets the child?

It's a stupid question because it's a loaded question. You know damn well it is too. My opinion is that sexuality should not be a factor in the decision. You are making it a factor in your question. In reality there is no situation, ever, where this would be the case. So your question is irrelevant.

Now, now, trolling is against the forum charter, thebullkf. I'll say no further, as I don't want to come across as a "backseat" moderator, which is also against the forum charter.

attack the post is another rule.

i asked a genuine question, gave my own opinion on it, and others fudge the question and refuse to answer themselves. pretty one sided conversations imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Stupid question.

Two couples are identical except one couple are black and the other couple are white, which do you choose?

But these couples are still a man and a woman. It's nothing to do with discriminating against sexual orientation, it's finding the best possible situation for the child - that's what matters, not the parents' race, religion or orientation

I personally believe that if two couples are equal in every way, then the heterosexual couple should get the child because it is a better environment for the child to have a fatherly figure and a mother figure, to give the child a more balanced upbringing and furthermore you could do the argument about bullying but I won't because it's not relevant

It's not discrimination because let's take the example of single parents adopting. Now I personally don't believe single people should be allowed adopt but let's assume I do; if there was a straight man, a gay man, a straight woman and a gay woman all wanting to adopt a child on their own, and are all equal in every other way, then there should be no prejudice - it should be done by lottery system or whoever applied first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

i refuse to answer such blatant rude posts:mad:

report away, not the first time someone in AH, or on the internet, has been called a troll :rolleyes:.

grow up ffs, and answer the questions. youre the one whose causing the controversy and refusing to answer questions. thats the definition of an internet troll:)

K-9 wrote: »
    But the maternal warmth role is soooo important.

If there was any doubt what you were at......................

Shame, sets fathers rights advocates back a century with moronic opinions like that.

how is it moronic?

I think you'll find i've answered ALL of your questions. Once again, you're not paying attention.

But since you insist I can give you a simple answer. In your hypothesis, the decision will not be made at that time. Because, still, all things are equal.

so child stays without parents- way to go.

It's a stupid question because it's a loaded question. You know damn well it is too. My opinion is that sexuality should not be a factor in the decision. You are making it a factor in your question. In reality there is no situation, ever, where this would be the case. So your question is irrelevant.

i'm making it a factor in my question because its a factor in decision makers minds that actually do have the power to decide where a child resides, so its pretty relevant to be honest.

so child stays without parents- way to go.

So now we're asking and answering questions, here's one for you.

All things are equal, one couple are black and the other are white, who gets the child?

All things are equal, one couple are black and the other are white, who gets the child?

your question is irrelevant.

see.

i can also do this:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

i asked a genuine question, gave my own opinion on it, and others fudge the question and refuse to answer themselves. pretty one sided conversations imo

Well, you know it is often quite difficult and, let's face it, fruitless to answer silly questions.

Well, you know it is often quite difficult and, let's face it, fruitless to answer silly questions.

but you'll find its relevant.

see.

Ah, but I answered yours. Didn't you notice?

Now, answer mine.

i'm making it a factor in my question because its a factor in decision makers minds that actually do have the power to decide where a child resides, so its pretty relevant to be honest.

thebullkf, have you stopped beating your wife?

• Advertisement

see.

Now, answer mine.

Now, answer mine.

what posters here have missed is one very important thing.

the rights of the child and the benefit to that child of having a same sex parents, vs mixed sex parents.

I honestly believe that having a mother and a father is more beneficial to the child than having same sex parents. {all other things being equal}

i will answer your question, it depends on many things, not least the environment in which the child is brought up.

if it ws here in Ireland i see no difference between a black vs white vs whatever race parents .

if the child were for instance in Nigeria and was white then i don't think that child would have as easy a childhood than if that child were black, do you get what i'm trying to say:o

Its all about the child in this instance, hence my reason for asking the question in the first place.

As an example i witnessed a Nigerian father walk out in utter disgust when he found out his newborn son was Downs Syndrome, the poor child died 6 months later , not once did he visit,or acknowledge him, the fucking animal didn't even attend his funeral:mad::mad::mad: { i did }

So to answer your question re:race it depnds on many things, the country of birth,colour of the child and the environment the child is being raised.

sorry for going slightly off topic, but i answered as best i can.

i'm not sating gay parents are poorer paretns than hetero, what i am saying is i believe the hetero parents offer a better balance {all other things being equal}

thebullkf, have you stopped beating your wife?

post reported

i will answer your question, it depends on many things..........

You seem to have misunderstood the question.

It's fine though I know you've been having trouble keeping up all night so i'll quote it so you can read it again.

There ya go.

You seem to have misunderstood the question.

It's fine though I know you've been having trouble keeping up all night so i'll quote it so you can read it again.

There ya go.

did you see my answer above:confused:

post reported

are you serious? it's the classic example of a loaded question. it was a remark on your loaded question, not you.

are you serious? it's the classic example of a loaded question. it was a remark on your loaded question, not you.

it was a remark relating to spousal abuse. and implied i did it. not funny, not even in AH.

i know women who have suffered at the hands of brutes.

so yes. i am serious.

did you see my answer above:confused:

Yes.

You didn't answer the question properly. You went off on some rant but you didn't answer the question.

All things equal, one set of parents are white, the other black. Who gets the baby?

It's quite straight forward, after all, it's essentially your own question I fail to see the confusion

• Advertisement

Yes.

You didn't answer the question properly. You went off on some rant but you didn't answer the question.

All things equal, one set of parents are white, the other black. Who gets the baby?

It's quite straight forward, after all, it's essentially your own question I fail to see the confusion

this is the problem, your failure not mine.

and to be fair you didn't answer my question, according to you the child would be in limbo, due to all things being equal.

i have answered your question, it depends on many things.

as i've illustrated. you have yet to give an honest proper answer to my question.

with this post i must retire, kids up in 3 hours;)

Advertisement