Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Anyone wrote: »
    Sweet, its only 10mls of El Toro, but I have to carry it in a clear bottle.

Cheeky vape on the plane?
    "Anyone" gets up to use the in flight commode...
    A few minutes later...
    Flight Attendant: "Someone is smok...ing.. wait that's vanilla I smell....
    Confused the flight attendant walks away and leaves "Anyone" to vape in peace.

Nicotine sated, "Anyone" returns to his seat leaving no odour and having broken no laws

Either that or you'll get caught and arrested when you land. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Threads are worn in both of my Twists and cartos are not fitting anymore. Probably from screwing the A7 and Bulli on and off so much. I've had them for a long time so they don't owe me anything and they'll still work with the A7 and Bulli and RDA.

Thinking of getting that udtl from ESI or TBS. Cheap and looks small enough and I only vape at around 3.7v anyway.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/udtl.htm

What else would I need to buy with it? I have nothing on hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Depends what you are using it with
    Going to need An Adapter
    Batteries
    Charger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well it's not regulated afaik so you wont be vaping at 3.7v, it'll start at 4.2 and then move on the way down to 3.2 so the vape will get weaker and weaker as the batt drains

well it's not regulated afaik so you wont be vaping at 3.7v, it'll start at 4.2 and then move on the way down to 3.2 so the vape will get weaker and weaker as the batt drains

Oh right.... not so good.....not bothered spending money on bigger or more expensive stuff either.

Might well be just a carto on the smaller edge of tolerance coupled with a bit of wear on the Twists. I'll stick with them then....might buy another one just to have it.

To compound that I think I'm developing an intolerance to PG. Chest constricting at night and stuff lately and throat generally a bit rough. Threw some White label Cliodnadh 6mg into the A7 yesterday and no issues with the chest last night and throat better. Think that's 50/50 whereas the Liqua that I usually use is higher in PG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Liqua is 70% PG
    White label is 58%PG I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Threads are worn in both of my Twists and cartos are not fitting anymore. Probably from screwing the A7 and Bulli on and off so much. I've had them for a long time so they don't owe me anything and they'll still work with the A7 and Bulli and RDA.

Thinking of getting that udtl from ESI or TBS. Cheap and looks small enough and I only vape at around 3.7v anyway.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/udtl.htm

What else would I need to buy with it? I have nothing on hand....
    Would the ego slb at TBS be too big?, good features and not too pricey.

Yeah, had a look at that too but anything longer than the 650 Twist is a bit longer than I'm bothered with. They look pretty long......

Bought two Twist 650 from The Vapour Store just now. Their prices seem to have come down and I started vaping using one of their kits about a year and a half ago but hadn't bought anything from them in a long time due to their prices. Thought I'd show a bit of loyalty!

Are they long? If they weren't too long I might chance buying one as well....

Edit: Just checked the length. 129mm......a 650 twist is 98mm.

Pity nobody over here stocks the vision spinners. They are fatter but up to 1300mAh....

Pretty long alright, 129mm almost as long as a vamo, but width is 17mm so somewhere in between a twist and vamo.
    Sorry, thought you were using a 1000mah twist.

I actually have a 650 and a 1000 and the 650 is grand with the A7 or a carto in my pocket but the 1000 kind of pokes out of the top of my pocket. Just a bit of a nuisance factor really. Always end up taking the attie off in case I break it at the connection when bending. The 1000 with the Bulli is like a knitting needle. Very long cos the Bulli is a longish attie.

Actually, I found an old standard 650 yesterday. My God, Id forgotten how tiny they are.....really really tiny. Those 350 ones must be no bigger than a thimble!

• Advertisement

Yeah, Im using a1000mah ego c upgrade with the a7 for out and about. Fits nicely in the pocket but wouldnt fancy going any longer.

Is the 1000mAh upgrade as long as the 1000mAh Twist? The 1000mAh Twist is desperate long.

Is the 1000mAh upgrade as long as the 1000mAh Twist? The 1000mAh Twist is desperate long.

Ego c 1000mah is 100mm, twist 650mah is 98mm. Ego c 900mah is 89mm!
    But the ego c's would be like the udlt, 4.2v down to 3.6v. I dont really notice the volt drop too much though.

the ego upgrades can work at regulated voltage too cant they?

the ego upgrades can work at regulated voltage too cant they?

Yeah, but only at 3.3v afaik, I have a 1.6ohm coil at 3.3v and as you said before, Im pushing the limit but its vaping feckin lovely ;-)
    Just checked, 2amps, 6.8watts, so not too bad.

1.6ohm is fine on ego's, that's around what I vaped when I use my bulli on the ego batts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

platinums wrote: »
    Cheeky vape on the plane?

Either that or you'll get caught and arrested when you land. :)

Haha no, it was just to bring with me, was in the UK for a couple of days, and I was just a bit iffy about liquids(you know with the clear plastic bag nonsense) and this being an unmarked bottle with golden liquid in it.

Anyway, there wasnt a query at all either going out or coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 awatch

My 'final' mod lineup.

i-MQkCjZg-L.jpg

Thanks to Paul and Sabrina in ESI for their patience!

I see there are a few vendors stocking a SS mesh clearo in the UK

http://www.ecigwizard.com/accessories/cartomisers/ss-mesh-ce8/ss-mesh-ce5-ce8.html

Never had any luck with clearo's and I was wondering how long it would be before mesh ones came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Oh someone needs to buy that and do a review.

• Advertisement

Very interesting!!!!

Couple of vendors in the UK now. Cheap enough too cos they should last a long time assuming they are coiled right......Looks like the coil is inside the mesh some way or other unless I read it wrong.

Not worth getting one from the UK really though by the time postage is paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Just ordered 2 of the new ce8 clearomizers (stainless steel mesh) and 10 spare heads for myself and a mate.

Postage all in was €2.93 from the uk.

Use ECR69 to get 12.5% off if you're buying from these guys: http://www.ecigwizard.com/accessories/cartomisers/ss-mesh-ce8/ss-mesh-ce5-ce8.html

Stick up a review when you get them......They sound interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Same request from me. I really want to see how they perform compared to my T2. I'm using Puros in it at the moment and it's gunking up these silica heads like crazy.

Yeah, that's the big advantage of mesh alright. It just doesn't gunk up anywhere nearly as bad as silica and a quick dry burn brings it right back but silica doesn't really dry burn very well. It kind of improves for a short while but its short lived. I don't bother dry burning silica anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

my month old Vanilla Custard Supreme is terrible at turning my coils into sugery caramel crusted coils. As great as it tastes it caramellises way too quickly (2 days) even with mesh.
    I have had some luck rubbing the coating off the coils and have also heard that putting I syringe drop of water on them when they are red hot clears it too.

Any other clever ways to clean the heads from the buildup - with out a full teardown.

Ultrasonic Cleaner maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I got my first mech mod today. GP Paps 2.1.

Was building dual coils on the Igo-L. Got 0.7 ohm resistance using 18650 efest battery. Is that safe or is it dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

I'd try to get it up some more Sticky, .7 on a dual coil is like .35 on a single, it will get too hot, too quicky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Ok super I was only doing 2/3 wraps of .2 will add more. It was a bit hot to inhale. What should I aim for? I want massive massive vapour clouds.

Advertisement