Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I've been using a couple of different stock coil tanks lately even though my past experience with stock coils hasn't been good apart from the Sense Herakles Plus,the 0.4 coil for that tank was one off if not the best coil I've ever used.
    However, I recently got the Uwell Crown 4 and the 0.25 mesh coil is outstanding, flavour is on par with any coil I've used in any rta. A very welcome addition to the arsenal I must admit and have already ordered extra coils for it.

Glad to hear this, I've a Crown IV slowly making its way from China. Ordered a pack of mesh coils too.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Mesh definitely seems to be the way forward lately. I'd be more interested in a mesh RTA than a dripper or stock coils. The only one I heard about was Vandy Vape mesh RTA, haven't gotten around to looking up reviews or anything yet though.

Edit: quick Google shows that one's been out over a year - maybe it wasn't so great, dunno how I missed hearing about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Phill_M wrote:
    Mesh definitely seems to be the way forward lately. I'd be more interested in a mesh RTA than a dripper or stock coils. The only one I heard about was Vandy Vape mesh RTA, haven't gotten around to looking up reviews or anything yet though.

Another one that's had good reviews is the Digiflavor Themis, comes with 2 decks, standard and mesh.

Another one that's had good reviews is the Digiflavor Themis, comes with 2 decks, standard and mesh.

Thanks, I'll look it up! It was a toss up between the Serpent Elevate RTA and the Gear RTA for something new I could carry around but I'll add that to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've been using a couple of different stock coil tanks lately even though my past experience with stock coils hasn't been good apart from the Sense Herakles Plus,the 0.4 coil for that tank was one off if not the best coil I've ever used.
    However, I recently got the Uwell Crown 4 and the 0.25 mesh coil is outstanding, flavour is on par with any coil I've used in any rta. A very welcome addition to the arsenal I must admit and have already ordered extra coils for it.

That is one tank on my list, the reviewers have been raving about it. The Freemax mesh pro is also excellent, my partner has one and loves it and she only ever really used the old Cleito tanks prior. The Scion II is also very good with the dual mesh coils, I'll probably get some more of those but I am interested in the Crown IV, in blue! to match the new Species mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Happy New year folks.
    Here's to another year off the stinkies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

January 9th will be my 6th vapeversary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Phill_M wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll look it up! It was a toss up between the Serpent Elevate RTA and the Gear RTA for something new I could carry around but I'll add that to the list.

I strongly advise you to avoid the mesh version of the Themis as mesh RDA's and RTA's are garbage of the highest order. Don't mistake a mesh stock coil tank with mesh rebuildable as they are completely different beasts. The normal dual coil version of the Themis is good but there are better dual coil RTA's on the market these days.

The Serpent Elevate is an epic single coil RTA and won best of class from most of the vape reviewers and is an awesome bit of kit. Best RTA I've used to date with fantastic flavour and is super easy to build and wick.

The Gear RTA is also supposed to be top class. I've not used it myself but its gotten great reviews so far but personally the fact its a bottom airflow tank and only holds 2ml of juice puts me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

Ya - rebuildable mesh stuff sucks bad. I have the Themis RTA, and a couple of RDAs - all pretty useless, unless you stick a regular coil in them, which they're not designed for, so they still suck then... I'm looking forward to getting the Elevate; haven't tried a bad Serpent tank yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Steve666 wrote: »
    Ya - rebuildable mesh stuff sucks bad. I have the Themis RTA, and a couple of RDAs - all pretty useless, unless you stick a regular coil in them, which they're not designed for, so they still suck then... I'm looking forward to getting the Elevate; haven't tried a bad Serpent tank yet.

You won't regret the Elevate as it's almost 100% perfect imho. My only complaint and it's really such a small one, is the lack of the bayonet style top fill like the Themis and Zeus have.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, all the googling I did when looking into all that showed that only really the Profile RDA was decent as far as rebuildables go, and that's an RDA not RTA. I've heard it's better in squonk mode and you fly through the cotton, but I don't squonk anyway.

I'm leaning towards the Elevate now as it's more leak resistant and has the 5ml bubble glass option. People have told me they prefer the Gear but it only goes to 3.2ml with a plastic bubble tank, and there has to be a concern there with citrus flavours etc possibly cracking it - plus overall capacity and less leak resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

Long time Vaper here. I’m using a cloupor mini for at least 3 or 4 years. Luv it.
    The max I vape is about 2 or 3 mg @ no more than 12 or 13 watts.
    I will prob buy another cloupor ( poss my 3 rd or 4 th) but is there anything anyone can recommend I should consider

I’m a fan of the cloupor mini cause if it’s size. It’s all about the size.

And the fact I have about 6 18650 batteries on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 2kreative

I've a Evic Primo SE ordered to replace my battered VTC mini (3.5 years + counting).

Evic VTC mini is slightly bigger but has a more comfortable fire button & 3rd party firmware which gives you the features of the high end mods.
    Evic VTC basic - tiny with built in battery.
    Vaporesso Swag - very compact, nice design, max atty size is 22mm.

dball wrote:
    Long time Vaper here. I’m using a cloupor mini for at least 3 or 4 years. Luv it. The max I vape is about 2 or 3 mg @ no more than 12 or 13 watts. I will prob buy another cloupor ( poss my 3 rd or 4 th) but is there anything anyone can recommend I should consider

The original 75W Pico is a neat,solid little mod. Single 18650, very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

dball wrote:
    Long time Vaper here. I’m using a cloupor mini for at least 3 or 4 years. Luv it. The max I vape is about 2 or 3 mg @ no more than 12 or 13 watts. I will prob buy another cloupor ( poss my 3 rd or 4 th) but is there anything anyone can recommend I should consider

The sigeli 75watt is good as well and going for less than 30 quid in kix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked up a new Nautilus 2 tank to go along side a nautilus mini tank I use. The coils in the nautilus 2 are not lasting very long at all compared to coils in the mini. Im not a heavy user either but there are not lasting very long at all until i get that burnt stange taste..:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Glebee wrote: »
    Picked up a new Nautilus 2 tank to go along side a nautilus mini tank I use. The coils in the nautilus 2 are not lasting very long at all compared to coils in the mini. Im not a heavy user either but there are not lasting very long at all until i get that burnt stange taste..:(:(

Picked one up recently too as I wanted a low wattage alternative vape. Have to say very disappointed with this device. Very poor taste from the vape. If you overload it then, as I tend to do, it burns out very quickly. It looks really ugly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks Dr Bill & Garyt,
    ive narrowed it down to one of your suggestions or the PicoX

Any chance one of you knows the puff time on either of the devices?
    I see that the pico X has a programmable puff timer but i cant find out if the max time is 10 or 15 seconds.

Any ideads?

I'm looking to get one or two 21700s, probably Samsung 40T. Anyone know of a good place to pick some up that don't charge insane postage or crazy prices for the batteries themselves? :D

Phill_M wrote:
    I'm looking to get one or two 21700s, probably Samsung 40T. Anyone know of a good place to pick some up that don't charge insane postage or crazy prices for the batteries themselves?

Fogstar.co.uk if you can hang on till Friday you'll get a 15 per cent discount code off their Facebook page.

• Advertisement

Fogstar.co.uk if you can hang on till Friday you'll get a 15 per cent discount code off their Facebook page.

Probably the best option I've seen. I had already looked them up, and they wanted £14.99 (€17) for postage. I don't understand why postage is always so high from the UK... But I could always use one of the parcel services then just pay for the UK local delivery and the 15% discount will help.

Thanks for the heads up Bill!

Phill_M wrote:
    Probably the best option I've seen. I had already looked them up, and they wanted £14.99 (€17) for postage. I don't understand why postage is always so high from the UK... But I could always use one of the parcel services then just pay for the UK local delivery and the 15% discount will help.

I only use Parcel Motel, total cost would be approximately half of what you'd pay for direct to your door postage.

I only use Parcel Motel, total cost would be approximately half of what you'd pay for direct to your door postage.
    I usually go with DPD because I know the driver and he times deliveries for lunchtime so I'm home, and the nearest collection point is a few minutes from my house, so either way it's convenient. I've heard the guys working in the distribution warehouse are pretty heavy handed though. I'm not sure how other warehouses compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Phill_M wrote: »
    I usually go with DPD because I know the driver and he times deliveries for lunchtime so I'm home, and the nearest collection point is a few minutes from my house, so either way it's convenient. I've heard the guys working in the distribution warehouse are pretty heavy handed though. I'm not sure how other warehouses compare.

18650 UK are where I get all my batteries. Pricing is in line with Fogstar and they've a flat delivery charge of 4 pound. Them, Fogstar and Torchy are the only UK companies that adhere to the various regulations on batteries (from what I've read).

conjon wrote: »
    18650 UK are where I get all my batteries. Pricing is in line with Fogstar and they've a flat delivery charge of 4 pound. Them, Fogstar and Torchy are the only UK companies that adhere to the various regulations on batteries (from what I've read).

Never tried 18650 UK, I'll give them a look, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Fogstar 15% off - Use code

planetofthevapes15

Shinobollo wrote: »

planetofthevapes15

I noticed they were on this when I went through my old vaping bookmarks on the computer: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/discount-codes

I haven't used the vast majority of the sites and don't know how many work, but could be handy for someone if they're shopping around for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Re the nautilus 2 burning coils, I was having same problem. Helpful guy in Purple box advised me ideal wattage for the 0.7 coils in the nautilus 2 is around 25. Since I adjusted, problem solved. And obviously prime etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Shinobollo wrote: »

planetofthevapes15

Meant to say,I use Parcel Motel for Fogstar orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

PinkCamper wrote:
    Re the nautilus 2 burning coils, I was having same problem. Helpful guy in Purple box advised me ideal wattage for the 0.7 coils in the nautilus 2 is around 25. Since I adjusted, problem solved. And obviously prime etc...

I found 25 way too high for those coils. 18-20 max

Advertisement