Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road rage from a pedestrian sort of

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Eleganza wrote: »
    None of your business. I have made a point of not bringing your nationality or origin in to the discussion.

I asked, because I've been to many Eastern European countries, and I know that in most of them drivers respect for Police and general obeying rules of the road is way worse than here.
    So my experience is way against what you've written.

I still don't know what country are you talking about though.
    I've never been to Russia, Ukraine or Belarus so maybe it's one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

I don't understand what level of privacy you seem to think people in public places are entitled to.

Being snapped by a crusader with a camera is tantamount to assault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So OP, you're complaining about something someone did to you when you did the exact same thing to someone else moments before.

Sorry, but if a total stranger sees what you did and felt the urge to confront you about it then I simply don't believe that you were as cool and collected as you say you were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

I'm not surprised at the responses to this thread really. It really shows why this country has gone downhill rapidly and it also shows in Motors as well I'm sorry to say. We ALL sat idly by as people in this country dragged us down, now look at us. Half the topics on this forums are about bad drivers and idiots driving on our roads. Yet when one poster confronts a driver he is the bad person. God their are some sick and twisted people on this forum. The moral compass of this topic is spinning wildly.

Apparently its better to think these things but never voice them. Apparently those hundreds of posters in the obnoxious parking thread are bullying and intimidating all those cars and drivers who park like tits. Apparently all those thousands of posters who thanked the photographers are idiots. But again its okay to park like that but never ever say anything to the driver. If you don't tackle the problem it will never go away.

As for the man who approached you I would set aside 15 minutes of your time and make a statement and at very least he will get a visit that might remind him of what's right and what's wrong.

OP don't let yourself be bullied or intimidated by anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

If that were true then showbizireland would have shut down years ago, not that that would be such a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

The fact that it's a Range Rover means this fella is probably used to using his wealth to belittle people.

WTF?

Eleganza wrote: »
    If that were true then showbizireland would have shut down years ago, not that that would be such a bad thing.

The paparazzi know what they're getting into when they go chasing 'celebrities'. They get their fair share of broken teeth and cameras. They take their medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

The point is it benefits society and our local community.
    I wouldnt like to see things go so far as what happened in China in the last week or so when some toddler was repeatedly hit by cars when she wandered out on the road.
    Many people just kept walking and didnt intervene - the kid dies.
    I know this is not in the same league at all but I think a civil society is better for civic minded intervention in the public interest.

Yeah, but again there is no point in being correct with a handful of your own teeth....!!

By the way, if it was the man in the driver seat, would you have spoken up and taken pics??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

urajoke wrote: »
    God their are some sick and twisted people on this forum. The moral compass of this topic is spinning wildly.

!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

Yeah, but again there is no point in being correct with a handful of your own teeth....!!

By the way, if it was the man in the driver seat, would you have spoken up and taken pics??
    Yes, absolutely would have. My indignation at this behaviour is not gender specific!

• Advertisement

urajoke wrote: »
    As for the man who approached you I would set aside 15 minutes of your time and make a statement...

Really? That time would be better spent doing the crossword or walking the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Yes, absolutely would have. My indignation at this behaviour is not gender specific!

Op, there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Definitely make a statement, clowns like this will always try and intimidate people, a visit from the cops will take the smirk of his face. The fact that it's a range rover means this fella is probably used to using his wealth to belittle people.

Letting it go means this little dicked muppet will think it's okay to keep acting like this. The threat of a court appearance/conviction/name in the papers will do his attitude a favour

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

The "intelligent" comment above says a lot about you

The paparazzi know what they're getting into when they go chasing 'celebrities'. They get their fair share of broken teeth and cameras. They take their medicine.

But they also bring charges against celebs when assaulted because breaking the law is breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

i wonder if that woman in the rr would be as quick to take a disability as she was to take their parking spaces....i doubt it:rolleyes:

Fair play OP.We need more people like you in this country. People are too quick to turn a blind eye to wrong doings.

The "intelligent" comment above says a lot about you

Well put it this way, if I've got some mincing poof waving a camera in front of my face and shouting the odds, I'm not fkn saying cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Hi

Just wanted to relay an incident that happened to me this evening.

Was trying to find a parking spot this evening in my local suburban village. Went "around the block" twice and found a spot.
    I saw a Range Rover Vogue parked in a disabled parking spot with driver still inside.
    I saw there was no disabled badge showing so I tapped on the driver window and told her she was parked in a disabled spot.
    She replied that she was using her phone (as an excuse for being parked).
    I said that it was against the law to be parked there without a permit and that I was going to photograph her vehicle and report it to the gardai.
    As I was photographing her Range Rover the car parked in front of her moved off and she pulled forward into a legal space.
    I went off about my business and maybe 5 minutes later went back to my car, opened it and let my wife into the car. I then decided to report the Range Rover driver at the garda station (my car was parked across the road from the garda station).
    I went in and complained about the Range Rover. Garda agreed that it was not on but said that he had to see it in the disabled spot with his own eyes in order to prosecute.
    I said fair enough, I felt better for having reported it and said to the garda that I would report such vehicles to the gardai in future rather than speaking to the driver (as the garda could just walk out of the station and see the car "in the act").
    When I returned to my car and got in a man came to my drivers door and demanded that I roll down the window. With the tone and aggressive way that he came to my car I refused his request. He then demanded that I step out of the car and said "what are you doing, intimidating that lady", pointing over to the Range Rover. I said that I had nothing to say to him and that anything I had to say was already said at the garda station.
    I told him to move away from my car and that I felt threatened by him.
    He said "how does it feel now" and took out his camera phone and started taking photos of me and then, when I managed to move my car out, he ran over to the passenger side and took a photo of my wife as well as my tax and insurance disc's.
    My wife let the window down slightly and said that she was ringing the gardai. He said "Good girl, go ahead".
    I found a space in the traffic and pulled out onto the road proper and he shouted "I'll see you around buddy, see you around"
    I rang the gardai and reported what happened - it was the same garda who I spoke to originally when reporting the Range Rover parked in the disabled bay.

Sorry for the long story. Garda wants to know if I want to press charges regarding the threatening behaviour.
    I am worried about the sinister "I'll see you around buddy" parting statement of this guy.
    Should I make a formal statement - Garda has given me an appointment time to make a statement. Should I make a statement or should I just let it go?

Taking pictures of road users you feel are doing wrong? You got off lightly. Ridiculous behaviour on your part that brought on your trouble. Try viewing it from a role reversal. Someone feels you are not 100% doing something right so they walk over and take your photo. Im sure you would be delighted and accept it.

Well put it this way, if I've got some mincing poof waving a camera in front of my face and shouting the odds, I'm not fkn saying cheese.

So you wouldn't be talking about tantamount to assault. You'd be going for all out assault?
    Being snapped by a crusader with a camera is tantamount to assault

i wonder if that woman in the rr would be as quick to take a disability as she was to take their parking spaces....i doubt it:rolleyes:

Fair play OP.We need more people like you in this country. People are too quick to turn a blind eye to wrong doings.

Yea, the next time you depart from perfection, you wont mind a stranger running up to take your photo of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Laisurg wrote: »
    Get his jaw broken for telling someone who's illegally parked to move? Would you cop on, some lad is going to beat him into hospital for telling someone to move? I don't really think he should of done it but i don't think he brought it on himself, it was just some ejjit looking for an excuse to try and act like a big man.

Excuse me! Do you remember the case where a man was beaten to death in a case of road rage in Ireland.
    http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Police-investigate-first-road-rage-fatality-in-Ireland-104233393.html

A broken jaw is quite probable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

RoverJames wrote: »
    Thanks whores are those who post stuff with the hope that others will thank it, so you have no reason to be offended I imagine :)
    Yes I do as you are assuming that we are not involved in a legitimate debate which i personally enjoy or I would not be here. But I don't like when the term is used to support arguement which is not working. Guess it's just the term I disagree with so will not take it seriously.:) I'm still right tho:pac:

So you wouldn't be talking about tantamount to assault. You'd be going for all out assault?

Nah, we'd be talking about a chinese burn or a wedgie at worst.

Nah, we'd be talking about a chinese burn or a wedgie at worst.
    something less than "tantamount to assault" then?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Taking pictures of road users you feel are doing wrong? You got off lightly. Ridiculous behaviour on your part that brought on your trouble. Try viewing it from a role reversal. Someone feels you are not 100% doing something right so they walk over and take your photo. Im sure you would be delighted and accept it.

The OP didnt feel the driver was doing wrong he KNEW she was. It is illegal for anyone without the correct badge to park in disabled parking!!!

The OP didnt feel the driver was doing wrong he KNEW she was. It is illegal for anyone without the correct badge to park in disabled parking!!!

Never said it was not illegal, i am saying it is totally ridiculous and stupid to go taking photos of them. Anyone that does that is lacking in the common sense department in a serious way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

Mixed feelings OP.

I might have just made eye-contact with the RR driver and pointed to the disabled sign, point made without uttering a word. Producing a camera can easily wind someone up further, especially a woman on her own, and she will inevitably use that in her defense later on when retelling the story. She probably told the other man that some perv was taking pictures of her leaving out the why.

More people need to report law breaking and wrong doing. Its not wasting Garda time, its what they get paid to do. I'm shocked at the lack of respect for each other amongst the citizenry in this country. We tolerate the worst without opening our mouths then wonder why our country is a total sheetwhole.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Never said it was not illegal, i am saying it is totally ridiculous and stupid to go taking photos of them. Anyone that does that is lacking in the common sense department in a serious way.
    don't mention that to anyoen in the obnoxious parking thread:eek:
    Well done on getting to post 5,000 - congrats!

jluv wrote: »
    Yes I do ............

Alright, you win, I thanked it :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

OP I think you were correct at asking the driver to move if you needed the space, but I think you went OTT with calling into the Garda to "report it" complete waste of garda time.

I can't believe this has gone 6 pages and no one has said -

Pics or GTFO! :)

• Advertisement

don't mention that to anyoen in the obnoxious parking thread:eek:
    Well done on getting to post 5,000 - congrats!

A taking pics of badly parked cars is not too bad.
    I`l probably be banned before 5002:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement