Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Pre-release Discussion - ***DO NOT POST SPOILERS*** (Mod warning in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I can see by the "M$" that you seem to think that Microsoft are an evil business that wants to make money. Well you Sir are wrong. They are in fact a non profit charity organisation just like Sony.

haha
    A big fat +1 to that.

Both ₥i¢ro$of₮ and $o₦¥ are know to be the worlds largest not for profit companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,514 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I can see by the "M$" that you seem to think that Microsoft are an evil business that wants to make money. Well you Sir are wrong. They are in fact a non profit charity organisation just like Sony.

Indeed. Businesses who want to make money are a threat to our existence and should be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

You're wrong my friend, you have no idea what I think! I know all about Microsoft's philanthropy but writing M$ is cooler than MS! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

My guess is that GTA V will come out in October 2012 after a barrage of information starting with E3!

R* never do E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

EDITED to post a more apt article that focuses on GTA V more.
    Mafia II Developers Working on Grand Theft Auto V?
    As ridiculous as that headline sounds, think about it for a second. Yeah, there you go.

According to a report on VG247 developers 2K Czech, who released one of the prettiest but also one of the most boring open-world games of all time with Mafia II, are helping Rockstar on Grand Theft Auto V.

Remember, 2K are a Take-Two brand, and Take-Two is also Rockstar's publisher.

So just what areas do Rockstar need help? Or are getting it just for kicks? In "animations for cutscenes and general gameplay", it seems. What's more, the report claims it's a two-way street, with Rockstar "opening its secrets" to the Czech studio, with said secrets to hopefully make big improvements in the next Mafia game.

Which, the same report claims, is already in development, having been significantly retooled and rebuilt in the wake of Mafia II's mixed reception.

This kind of collaboration isn't as rare or as strange as it may sound, and with budgets increasing and expertise becoming more focused, it's only going to happen more and more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^
    :confused::confused::confused:

Wrong Thread?

Sorry, I should have mentioned the title

"2K CZECK WORKING ON GTA V"

Apparently the'yre working on cutscenes to speed up production and the the 'game out the door' quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Hogzy wrote: »
    ^^^
    :confused::confused::confused:

Wrong Thread?

There was a rumour that 2K Czech was assisting Rockstar with GTAV. It turns out that both that and the Mafia III rumours are incorrect.
    [UPDATE] A 2K Games representative told GameSpot, "Rockstar Games and 2K Czech are not working on any projects together. We haven't announced any plans regarding a future Mafia release."

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/mafia-iii-enters-full-production-report-6364783

Ah...Thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

The buzz from trailer is gone now, no real point of it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

EdenHazard wrote: »

:mad::mad::mad::mad: ahhh got my hopes up AGAIN. Also for them of coarse there was a point it was to build hype and get threads like this started and get the rumours flying. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have you not been around for any of the previous games? This is how its always been done. Just watch their site crash when they have a snippet of information to release.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

o.0

As been already said, this is what Rockstar have done in the past with previous GTA titles. So it's not surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Just from reading this thread I suddenly have to urge to play San Andreas again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Blatter wrote: »
    Just from reading this thread I suddenly have to urge to play San Andreas again :p

Makes me want to repurchase TBoGT and TL&TD

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Makes me want to repurchase TBoGT and TL&TD

Former fer dayz.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Blatter wrote: »
    Exactly what I did :D

Then GTA III.

Then Vice City.

Now I'm on GTA IV and enjoying it much more than I originally did. Maybe my hopes were too high first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Surprised this wasn't posted already..

Only rumors but from a potentially good source so read spoilers at your own leisure..

http://www.examiner.com/playstation-in-charlotte/massive-gta-5-information-leak-from-ex-rockstar-employee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

not many spoilers apart from the name , sweet find man the game sounds sweet tho 2013 makes me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

not many spoilers apart from the name , sweet find man the game sounds sweet tho 2013 makes me :(

Yea they aint huge spoilers but some people don't like details at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

hypermuse wrote: »

Only rumors but from a potentially good source so read spoilers at your own leisure..

http://www.examiner.com/playstation-in-charlotte/massive-gta-5-information-leak-from-ex-rockstar-employee

May 2013!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

hypermuse wrote: »

I'm sceptical as he says a playable demo will be available at E3 but R* never do E3... Interesting stuff if true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio.

Bkdf9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's class how they may talk about you onthe radio when you have enough stars but checking your radio/phone for a better route sounds rediculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's class how they may talk about you onthe radio when you have enough stars but checking your radio/phone for a better route sounds rediculous.

Doesnt seem that farfetched tbh. I'm sure they could come up with an appropriate algorithm !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The police things don't sound like something that would/should happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Yeah sound's a bit farfetched, the ingame 24 hours normally works on one hour = one minute. So to get chased by the cops for 72 in game hours is 72 minutes?

I'd be pretty pissed off being chased for that long if I'm trying to do a mission!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

That would be a bit much but maybe its just a way to force the player to keep changing their character with new clothes, hairstyles etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah sound's a bit farfetched, the ingame 24 hours normally works on one hour = one minute. So to get chased by the cops for 72 in game hours is 72 minutes?

I'd be pretty pissed off being chased for that long if I'm trying to do a mission!:mad:
    JohnK wrote: »
    That would be a bit much but maybe its just a way to force the player to keep changing their character with new clothes, hairstyles etc.

It smacks a bit of noteriety in the Assassin's Creed games, or in RDR. In a way I'd like it in the game as it'd lend more realism to it, but part of the fun in GTA is going on a killing spree and then evading the police, and then just being able to carry on. If you had to be hiding out for 72 minutes to let your notoreity go down then it'd seriously impact on the fun imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Save the game? Time advances six hours. Problem solved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement