Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - General discussion & technical queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Fr Ted is on the American Netflix not the Irish/Uk one strangely enough.

Its obviously a rights issue and a matter of what they consider worth paying for, probably cheaper for US rights (probably part of CH4 deal).

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

A little disappointed by the rate of updates to the available content. I was hoping to see improvements by now but its the same old stuff a week on...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

sillo wrote: »
    A little disappointed by the rate of updates to the available content. I was hoping to see improvements by now but its the same old stuff a week on...

There was a few updates today. The Netflix UK twitter & FB announces them. What were you hoping for?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

There was a few updates today. The Netflix UK twitter & FB announces them. What were you hoping for?

I didn't know that- cheers.
    Not really sure what I'm hoping for - what does anyone hope for really? A fulfilling life, a strong support network, decent broadband...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So what movies have people watched since getting netflix? I've been using the US site mostly and so far I've watched Trainspotting, Limitless, Gross Point Blank and Red State tonight. So find myslef watching more movies since signing up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So what movies have people watched since getting netflix?

Not a movie, but i seem to be watching a LOT of mythbusters. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I've been watching Firefly. It's ok. I notice as well that it's been 8 days since I did the DNS switch thingy and it still seems to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Had a problem with the US Netflix last night. It kept hanging and I eventually had to quit. When I tried to get back in it was looking for me to log on again & then I got an error. It was some sort of "DNS Error" .
    I thought that's it, the good times are over & its back to the Irish Netflix.
    But I then rebooted the PS3 & tried again & much to my delight it was still working & still on the US Netflix. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

CMpunked wrote: »
    Not a movie, but i seem to be watching a LOT of mythbusters. :o

I'm the same. Its mad seeing the first few episodes how, kinda awkward they were as opposed to now where they all have great craic even trying anything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

nicklauski wrote: »
    I'm the same. Its mad seeing the first few episodes how, kinda awkward they were as opposed to now where they all have great craic even trying anything. :)

Thats exactly what i thought too, how it seemed much more like a american chopper kinda show, more intricate details, more actual myths.
    Now its seems like a proper entertainment show, the contrast between times is interesting.

Anyway. Netflix.. yay.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know is there a way to improve picture quality without streaming in HD? Only have 1mb broadband at the parents house :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Netflix on trial about a week now.

Watching 3~4 movies a day. Seen them all previously, apart from the animation and childrens' stuff, there's hardly a movie in the IE version that I have not seen previously.

I did not know what to expect, I'm calling myself disappointed, every movie broke down three or four times and I'm on a 17mb business feed.

For the low intro price, OK it's not too bad, but the full price won't attract me, it's not a SKY killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

gbee wrote: »

For the low intro price, OK it's not too bad, but the full price won't attract me, it's not a SKY killer.

Can't get any lower than free!:pac:

I wonder should there be a thread (I guess this one?) for recommending stuff to watch that's on Netflix seeing as it's quite easy to not be aware exactly what's there or if it's any good?

You mean like this? Although thats in the TV forum

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

hang about, there's a way to get the american content? Is it just as simple as downloading and installing unblock-us? do i have to pay a fiver a month for that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Mickeroo wrote: »
    hang about, there's a way to get the american content? Is it just as simple as downloading and installing unblock-us? do i have to pay a fiver a month for that though?

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291530

Free trial for a week. $4.99 a month after that.

US content is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So it's free on some devices (by changing your DNS settings), just not on your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

So it's free on some devices (by changing your DNS settings), just not on your laptop?

Have not tried the laptop but working fine on ps3 and logitech revue here. 50mb UPC BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Available on your laptop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

You mean like this? Although thats in the TV forum

Exactly.

• Advertisement

Why would someone pay 4.99 a month for it if there's a free way to do it? Or am i missing something?

Mezcita wrote: »
    http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291530

Free trial for a week. $4.99 a month after that.

US content is much better.

Sweet, that is fcuking awesome! Just from looking at the front page I can see the back catologue is way better.

Is there anyway to set up a to watch list?

Why would someone pay 4.99 a month for it if there's a free way to do it? Or am i missing something?

Itll eventually stop working and ask you to enter your e-mail to verify youre an active customer

But I could get the DNS settings before I entered my email. Instead of pressing sign up I press the setup button and clicked my device and got the DNS settings.

I don't know how it deactivates after 7 days.

Itll eventually stop working and ask you to enter your e-mail to verify youre an active customer

What will exactly? I haven't downloaded any software, all i've done is change the old DNS settings on my PS3. Or does that stop working eventually?

What will exactly? I haven't downloaded any software, all i've done is change the old DNS settings on my PS3. Or does that stop working eventually?

The DNS server will stop working and direct you to their site for verification. Just a question of when

The DNS server will stop working and direct you to their site for verification. Just a question of when

Interesting. And here was me thinking it was free. Heh, so that brings it up to eleven euro a month for a decent netflix.

Are we all happening to be using this as DNS?

Or how about if we use:

184.106.242.193 (I don't think this one works as it takes you to a website if you enter the address)

I found them ones on this page: http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291525

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sweet, that is fcuking awesome! Just from looking at the front page I can see the back catologue is way better.

Is there anyway to set up a to watch list?

Don't think so.

This is a good site for seeing what's popular though.

http://instantwatcher.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

But I could get the DNS settings before I entered my email. Instead of pressing sign up I press the setup button and clicked my device and got the DNS settings.

I don't know how it deactivates after 7 days.

I presume because it has your ip address, after 7 (or 9 in reality I think, I started last sunday and it said under my account that payment is due next tues.) days of trial if you haven't paid it will discontinue your service. Anyway 3.85 a month for a reliable US dns is excellent value imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement