Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster flooding - 24th October 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

305450_10150327908205684_728440683_8432284_1571751542_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Can you imagine what the car parks are like? :eek: There are at least 2 levels of car parking under that.

Just reached 82.0mm here since midnight. Rain has eased off very light now.

The river flows through the centre too which isnt helping i'd say. It flows above the bottom or 2nd from bottom floor of the carpark.

One of the girls put a video on facebook there with the waters flowing down past the Sony Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Might be some flood bargains to be had in Dundrum in the next while!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,414 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cionád wrote: »
    More Dundrum

Aci5mXWCQAAMjTr.jpg

i hope the 2 women are not waiting for the lift:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lorrscann

Any one know what it is like in ranelagh - need to travel from sutton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

How is the Dundrum centre so badly flooded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Dundrum

314968_10150327908965684_728440683_8432290_1705247765_n.jpg

Love the warning cones in the middle of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

My road is flooded. Lots of peoples houses wrecked including my cousins and 90 year old grandad in Cabra, for the second time in the last 2 years :( Both ends of my road have over a foot of water and my car is on an embankment surrounded by another foot of semi sewer water.

Damn it.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Those Dundrum pictures are frankly shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

groovyg wrote: »
    How is the Dundrum centre so badly flooded?

"A river runs through it"

River Island safe I wonder:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Most of the reservoirs are well below normal levels at the moment by the way. It may have some effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

N81 Tallaght Bypass is in bits, aswell as Killinarden, Jobstown and Whitestown Way. Dublin Fire Brigade were there for ages but they must've had an emergency call and left.

Should I expect more damage from high tide even out in Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Very dry here watching telly having a hot drink , crazy weather outside , y do people go out , how is shankill ,??
    theres a tsunami rushing by byrnes bar in shankill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

from LiveDrive:

Liffey burst its banks by Guinness both sides of Quays.St Johns IN diverting to Parkgate.Sth Quays needs to divert via Thomas St #livedrive
    Holy cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

I was plugging holes in my roof earlier but those pictures from dundrum have been thanking my stars. Ballsbridge bad apparently - dodder overflowing. OH somewhere in the middle of it figuring out how to get to his car - not that he'll get far once he gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Does anybody know if the Dart going towards Dun Laoghaire will be affected tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the Dart going towards Dun Laoghaire will be affected tomorrow?

Iarnrod Eireann have tweeted that they'll have no further information until the morning. The DART is off for the rest of this eveing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Hard to say,But if not you might be able to get the QE2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

GROW YOUR HAIR LONG AND CURLY ,WATCH POINTBREAK , GRAB YOUR BOARD.IE , AND SURF DOWN TO GREYSTONES FOR THE CHOCKY BISCUITS AND HOT TEA...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Derfil wrote: »
    The Liffey is damned at Poulaphouca. Should be able to regulate the flow of the Liffey I'd imagine.
    +1

Nothing to worry about there. The surface area of the reservoir is about 18.5km2 and the catchment above Poulaphuca is 322km2, so with the soil and peat completely saturated 120mm of rain would raise the level of the lake by 2.1m. The level of the lake has been very low lately, so there is plenty of room for all that water.

As far as I'm aware the reservoir is designed for a 175mm rainfall event over 48 hours, but that is assuming the lake is already 'full'.

This is one of those occasions when there would have been serious devastation without the dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Dublin City council declares major emergency
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1024/weather.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

one2one wrote: »
    N81 Tallaght Bypass is in bits, aswell as Killinarden, Jobstown and Whitestown Way. Dublin Fire Brigade were there for ages but they must've had an emergency call and left.

Should I expect more damage from high tide even out in Tallaght?
    Tide won't have any effect on Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hard to say,But if not you might be able to get the QE2

The Liffey Voyager or the Viking Splash tour will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Is that Dundrum S.C?
    Dundrum Swimming Centre? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

And while the person whos getting that information , will they give me the euro lotto numbers for the same day please, thanks Mr Crystal Ball

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

A whole month's rain(October average) has been dumped in a few hours according to RTE News.

It's a good thing we were all warned about this. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

RTE are way behind on that news report. Dublin is in bits by the sounds of it and RTE gave it less time then the 'muppet show' election?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

torres9kop wrote: »
    theres a tsunami rushing by byrnes bar in shankill

I am sure that is a joke. I do have relatives in the area so I do have a little concern.

Advertisement