Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster flooding - 24th October 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

nizo888 wrote: »
    I'd never question MTC's predictions. I am talking about in the Mainstream media.
    Met Eireann has just said that all rainfall records were smashed today.

Bit late forecasting what already happened

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Lucreto wrote: »
    I am sure that is a joke. I do have relatives in the area so I do have a little concern.

No joke , my mate tsunami (HES NOT IRISH) lives just after byrnes bar and forgot he left the cooker on at home, so naturally u be rushing , i wouldnt be concerned for your relatives because he lives alone and hates his relatives , so crack open a packet of rich tea bikies and let the good times roll........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Rain should be ending by now in the Dublin area looking at Rain Today. Clearance seems to be moving quickly north.

True but it looks like there is another batch of showers that are currently moving towards us but are positioned just west in the Irish Sea off Plymouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

First sign of a pestilence and I'm out of here............

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

I'm very sorry for the people in the houses near the dodder and poddle - that video is shocking....memories of hurricane charlie:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 pepfcb

amacachi wrote: »
    Love the warning cones in the middle of that.

THEY ARE A BIT OF AN UNDERSTATEMENT

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Damn nature you're scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

markfla wrote: »

And wait till the snows come and Irish county council and government show how well prepared they are yet again for it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

markfla wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

caseyann wrote: »
    And wait till the snows come and Irish county council and government show how well prepared they are yet again for it.:rolleyes:

I bet some of the salt got washed away.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Lucreto wrote: »
    I bet some of the salt got washed away.:D

LOL good one :D And the rest is hidden in their sheds along with the sand bags they should have deployed before it happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Ginny wrote: »
    Any problems around East Wall at all?

Passed through at about 8pmish. West Road (near the junction of Ossory Rd) has a limited stretch with about 4/5 inches of surface water - seems to be about 3 or 5 inches short of coimg in the doors by the looks of it. The road with the shops/butchers on it is possibly a little deeper.

Hopefully the rain willl ease off and the houses will survive.

Let me know if you find out more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jaysus, I saw the first Dundrum SC video with the Oompa Loompa OMG loike girl narrating and I thought it was just a few inches coming in under the door which seemed to correllate with what looked like a few inches flowing down those steps outside in another picture. I didn't realise it was up to the top of the fcuking doors 7ft high with the doors straining under the weight of water behind them with leaks sprung everywhere. Fcuking EPIC!! pardon my french but theres no other way to describe it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

some crazy pictures of the floods on this facebook page, including dundrum shopping centre completely flooded.....

https://www.facebook.com/DublinsFM104

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Calibos wrote: »
    Jaysus, I saw the first Dundrum SC video with the Oompa Loompa OMG loike girl narrating and I thought it was just a few inches coming in under the door which seemed to correllate with what looked like a few inches flowing down those steps outside in another picture. I didn't realise it was up to the top of the fcuking doors 7ft high with the doors straining under the weight of water behind them with leaks sprung everywhere. Fcuking EPIC!! pardon my french but theres no other way to describe it!!

it is epic, but imagine if you worked there? there has to be a lot of jobs under threat tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

some crazy pictures of the floods on this facebook page, including dundrum shopping centre completely flooded.....

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0BgXQ1Y04ec&v=0BgXQ1Y04ec&gl=IE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

drkpower wrote: »
    Passed through at about 8pmish. West Road (near the junction of Ossory Rd) has a limited stretch with about 4/5 inches of surface water - seems to be about 3 or 5 inches short of coimg in the doors by the looks of it. The road with the shops/butchers on it is possibly a little deeper.

Hopefully the rain willl ease off and the houses will survive.

Let me know if you find out more!!

My road is completely flooded, ay houses getting flooded from under the floorboards. Most of the roads around me are aso flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Rougies

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was'nt dundrum built on a flood plain/indian graveyard in some bertiesque rezoning stroke?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Anyone near the KCR at present? If so what state is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

what river around dundrum has flooded, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Ryan451 wrote: »
    My road is completely flooded, ay houses getting flooded from under the floorboards. Most of the roads around me are aso flooded.
    Sh!t. Thats bloody awful.
    What road are you on Ryan? I have friends on West Road - not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

inabina wrote: »

dodder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Slang

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

jameshayes wrote: »

dodder

The one around the town centre is only a tributary of the dodder :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Planes departing Dublin Airport again, I'm on my way out of Dublin, won't see much in the dark though...

Best of luck to all who need it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

The Slang, normally nothing more than a drainage ditch, but not tonight :o

Advertisement