Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AN EVENING WITH RANDY COUTURE IN DUBLIN 13 DEC 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dancor wrote: »
    Bret Hart is far from broke.

Not really the point to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

one thing id be worried about is, book signed, photo taken, hi randy big fan. the usual sucking up.So how would you...! Book Promoter " next move it along kid time is money"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

He is gonna be at bamma 8, doesn't mention if there paying a premium price for books photo etc

http://www.bamma.com/news.php?NW=70&getHere#getHere

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

My wifes a huge Randy Couture fan, so I think I'll be getting this for her as part of her Christmas present. Theres also more a chance I'll get laid if shes been standing around Randy Couture for a few mins than there would be if she got the usual perfume and jewellery ;)

stevemc01 wrote: »
    Theres also more a chance I'll get laid if shes been standing around Randy Couture

Yeah, they don't call him Randy for nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jayo 1981

Is it true he's not coming to Dublin now heard he'll b in Glasgow the 13th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

jayo 1981 wrote: »
    Is it true he's not coming to Dublin now heard he'll b in Glasgow the 13th?

Publisher is moving dates around. That's why tickets have not gone on sale yet.

I will update here when I have the final details

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

2/3 days earlier than original date would be awesome as my lad is home from Afghan on 2weeks leave and is poppin over to Dublin :D:D

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just to confirm this John

A 'normal' ticket holder will get a photo opp and 2 signed books, and a VIP will get Photo opp, 1 signed book and a signed t-shirt, plus entry into a draw?

I can now confirm the exact difference between the 2 tickets.

STANDARD TICKET:

Randy Couture meet and greet

Signed copy of new book THE LAST ROUND

Signed copy of his autobiography BECOMING THE NATURAL

Photo opportunity with own camera

Participate in Q&A session

Ticket Price: €55 (Publisher his stipulated that only 200 tickets are released)

VIP TICKET:

Same as the above but also the following:

* Light Buffet Supper

* Will be given priority for Q&A questions

* Will receive a personally signed event poster.

* Take part in 3 raffles with the opportunity to win three separate great prizes:

1) A pair of MMA gloves personally signed by Randy.
    2) A boxing glove personally signed by Randy.
    3) A t-shirt personally signed by Randy.

VIP Price €110 (The publisher has stipulated that VIP tickets must be sold as a batch of 10 (€1100) there are only 2 batches available)

Cordo wrote: »
    That will be amazing. Can't wait for this. Maybe people who are commenting on this thread should get priority booking? ;)

There will be a chance on here to book by PayPal 24 hours before it is released to the general public and press. I am just waiting on the final date change before announcing.

There are only 200 standard tickets being released nationwide across Ireland including the North and the press will be all over this due to both it being Randy Couture and the hype around the second Expendables movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jayo 1981

Would anyone be interested in trying to get a batch of the ten vip tickets from the forum?

Any update on exact date and location?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

jayo 1981 wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in trying to get a batch of the ten vip tickets from the forum?

Count me in on the batch on 10 if someone is willing to organize it

dave80 wrote: »
    Any update on exact date and location?

Should have the date finalised by this evening. The venue will depend on the date.

I can now confirm the exact difference between the 2 tickets.

STANDARD TICKET:

Randy Couture meet and greet

Signed copy of new book THE LAST ROUND

Signed copy of his autobiography BECOMING THE NATURAL

Photo opportunity with own camera

Participate in Q&A session

Ticket Price: €55 (Publisher his stipulated that only 200 tickets are released)

VIP TICKET:

Same as the above but also the following:

* Light Buffet Supper

* Will be given priority for Q&A questions

* Will receive a personally signed event poster.

* Take part in 3 raffles with the opportunity to win three separate great prizes:

1) A pair of MMA gloves personally signed by Randy.
    2) A boxing glove personally signed by Randy.
    3) A t-shirt personally signed by Randy.

VIP Price €110 (The publisher has stipulated that VIP tickets must be sold as a batch of 10 (€1100) there are only 2 batches available)

Jesus Mary and Joseph! It's just as well he's retired. The amount of signing the guy is doing would've put his right hand out of commission for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Am I the only one who things the VIP ticket is a bit steep? e55 for a light supper, a signed poster and a 3/20 chance at winning some signed bits and pieces (a boxing glove?)
    don't get me wrong, I'd love to hae a signed MMA glove. But he's prob sign it if you brought it up.

I just don't like to see fans being milked like that.

Mellor wrote: »
    Am I the only one who things the VIP ticket is a bit steep? e55 for a light supper, a signed poster and a 3/20 chance at winning some signed bits and pieces (a boxing glove?)
    don't get me wrong, I'd love to hae a signed MMA glove. But he's prob sign it if you brought it up.

The fans are bring milked already IMO.

One of the things you're paying for is a Q&A session. But those who paid more get priority? So I'm paying €55 for a signed book, another book I didn't care enough about to buy in the first place and a brief handshake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fortune25

I agree with Mellor as the VIP price increase is a bit off the mark surely. It seems the only extra things you get are a light supper and a signed poster. That seems a bit steep for an extra €55. Even if there was a T-shirt in there instead of a poster, that would be easier to understand, but seems a bit steep to me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yeah I have to agree. I don't mind paying the €55 for the standard ticket but double the price for the VIP seems a bit much. I wouldn't pay it anyway.
    As you said, he'd prob sign a glove if you asked him to.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

00benski wrote: »
    Count me in on the batch on 10 if someone is willing to organize it

Yeah count me in for one as well. More money can be earned, prob wont seea greater fighter than Randy again

• Advertisement

Prices are set by the publisher and are standard for the UK tour and this trip to Dublin. The supper is something that we have added at no charge to give fans a little more value for the VIP ticket.

Also it's probably best to point out that we have been told in advance that nothing will be signed apart from what the publisher brings.

Obviously not everyone will see the extra value in the VIP tickets, that's their choice. I personally do see the value and would have rather been given the chance to sell more than 2 batches of 10 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Prices are set by the publisher and are standard for the UK tour and this trip to Dublin. The supper is something that we have added at no charge to give fans a little more value for the VIP ticket.

Also it's probably best to point out that we have been told in advance that nothing will be signed apart from what the publisher brings.

Obviously not everyone will see the extra value in the VIP tickets, that's their choice. I personally do see the value and would have rather been given the chance to sell more than 2 batches of 10 tickets
    Don't get me wrong John, I know full well that its publisher driven and not you or Randy. And I wasn't having a go at you at all, you're giving people an opportunity for meet a legend and that's brilliant. I just don't like the terms forced upon you, or the fans by the publishers.
    I'm not surprised that they are preventing people getting gloves signed. It they allowed that, or allow more VIP tickets, the precieved value of the VIP tickets disappears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭theT

There will be a chance on here to book by PayPal 24 hours before it is released to the general public and press. I am just waiting on the final date change before announcing.

There are only 200 standard tickets being released nationwide across Ireland including the North and the press will be all over this due to both it being Randy Couture and the hype around the second Expendables movie.

Hey John,

Any update on the tickets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

So...

He won't sign my moobs?

theT wrote: »
    Hey John,

Any update on the tickets?

The date is def 14th Dec 2011

I will confirm the venue over the weekend.

Anyone from this forum can pm me for advance bookings before public release. Payment will be through PayPal

There is now only 1 VIP table left now guys

Ps. I'm away today, will reply to pm's late tomorrow

I'll still be heading to this, even though it's a bit pricey.

Here's something to compare with, i went to Duff McKagan's (ex Guns n Roses) booksigning of his autobiog in Eason last night, had a picture with him, a quick chat and he signed my book, all for the price of his book.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

sorry for being silly here lads but how the hell do i private message on boards :eek:

00benski wrote: »
    sorry for being silly here lads but how the hell do i private message on boards :eek:

Say you wanna PM me, see this post, on the left is my name, Scudzilla, click it and yuo'll get 5 options, select send private message

Or on right hand side of screen 3/4 way up is your username, saying welcome, underneath that is private message, click that

Here's something to compare with, i went to Duff McKagan's (ex Guns n Roses) booksigning of his autobiog in Eason last night, had a picture with him, a quick chat and he signed my book, all for the price of his book.

i here ye, both books can be bought for 25 euro so its 30 euro for photo etc

• Advertisement

This is how it normally works. It's. Incentive for people to buy the book. I might be cutting off my nose to spite my face but it wouldn't feel right for me to give these people €55 to meet Randy Couture

Advertisement