Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AN EVENING WITH RANDY COUTURE IN DUBLIN 13 DEC 2011

Options
  • 22-10-2011 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

FERGUSON SPORTS GROUP In Association with HNL Media Group Ltd Present

AN EVENING WITH RANDY COUTURE & OFFICIAL BOOK LAUNCH" 

Personally meet UFC legend and Hollywood actor Randy Couture as he launches his new book in Ireland at this exclusive Christmas event!

DATE: 13 DECEMBER
    TIME: 8 pm to 10 PM

This event will be an advance booking event with limited places available. After a Q&A session with the legend:

Each ticket purchaser shall personally meet Randy Couture, have a photo opportunity and receive a personally signed copy of the new book The Last Round. Plus one other signed Couture book!

Each VIP ticket purchasers will be given priority to personally meet Randy Couture, have a photo opportunity, receive a copy of the new book The Last Round, receive a signed t-shirt and will be entered into a free raffle draw to win a personally signed MMA glove by Randy Couture.

TICKETS: ONLY €55 EACH
    VIP TICKETS : TBC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nice, i've met the guy before and had a chat with him, he's so nice and a real legend to boot.

Will def be up for this one, Mrs will be too as she loves him, that's our Crimbo pressies planned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice, i've met the guy before and had a chat with him, he's so nice and a real legend to boot.

Will def be up for this one, Mrs will be too as she loves him, that's our Crimbo pressies planned :D

I'll let you know when the tickets are available, we are co-promoting with his publishers and they have limited the event to 200 max. It will be likely tickets will be available from Premier Tickets and direct from us via PayPal

I'll let you know when the tickets are available, we are co-promoting with his publishers and they have limited the event to 200 max. It will be likely tickets will be available from Premier Tickets and direct from us via PayPal

One question i do have though, will the photo opportunity be with your own camera or with a pro set up that's there?

Doubt you'll know yet but would be handy to know, and if it is a pro will the price of the pic be included in ticket price as sometimes they charge as much as 30euro per pic

One question i do have though, will the photo opportunity be with your own camera or with a pro set up that's there?

Doubt you'll know yet but would be handy to know, and if it is a pro will the price of the pic be included in ticket price as sometimes they charge as much as 30euro per pic

I will ask the question! My personal view is that it should be with your own camera if you want, or you can have a choice of a paid pro also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Fantastic news - a bonda fide legend is coming!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Awesome news just made my day :D shall try to get to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'll definately 100% go to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

AWESOME!!!

AWESOME!!!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Interesting way to launch a book. I don't see value in it myself, but the best of luck to you with it.

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »
    Interesting way to launch a book. I don't see value in it myself, but the best of luck to you with it.

You don't????

Ya get his new book, RRP around 20Euro signed and personalised by Randy.
    Ya get another signed Couture book (again rrp around 15), a photo with a true legend of MMA, A Q&A session which should be very very interesting.

Great value IMO, We gotta support these things then the chances are we'll get more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

You don't????

Ya get another signed Couture book (again rrp around 15), a photo with a true legend of MMA, A Q&A session which should be very very interesting.

Great value IMO, We gotta support these things then the chances are we'll get more

I met Evander Holyfield and got photo and to ask a question to him-this was for the cost of his book, i personally would not pay more than the cost of the book to meet Randy even though i think he is awesome, But like anything it's supply and demand and if people want it they will keep on coming back.

Answer is simple, if you don't value it, don't pay, if you do-support it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

You don't????

You dont get to many book launches, do you? An author will give a talk, often read parts of their new book and tell a little story, answer questions and then will sit and sign and one-line books for whoever wants it. Pictures can also be taken. All for the price of the book.

As for Randy Couture, i'm a fan and he's a fighter i've always admired. I'd be interested in buying his book, but paying €55 for the privilege doesnt represent value for money for me. If it does for you, then good luck to you. Fools and their money are eaisly parted and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

FERGUSON SPORTS GROUP In Association with HNL Media Group Ltd Present

AN EVENING WITH RANDY COUTURE & OFFICIAL BOOK LAUNCH" 

Personally meet UFC legend and Hollywood actor Randy Couture as he launches his new book in the UK at this exclusive Christmas event!

DATE: 13 DECEMBER
    TIME: 8 pm to 10 PM

I dunno about that now

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I dunno about that now

Lol that will teach me to cut n paste direct from the publishers email :) I had completely missed that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cordo

That will be amazing. Can't wait for this. Maybe people who are commenting on this thread should get priority booking? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Would a seminar not make more sense and add the book launch with a q and a after? That way people are learning from a legend and he can still promote his book..

mooeire wrote: »
    Would a seminar not make more sense and add the book launch with a q and a after? That way people are learning from a legend and he can still promote his book..

It's not our choice, we are co-promoting with the books publisher. They set the date, format, price etc. They are doing a series of UK launches all with the same set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

It's not our choice, we are co-promoting with the books publisher. They set the date, format, price etc. They are doing a series of UK launches all with the same set up.

I get ya, i was supposed to go to one in manchester after ufc 105 but was too hungover lol

Just to confirm this John

A 'normal' ticket holder will get a photo opp and 2 signed books, and a VIP will get Photo opp, 1 signed book and a signed t-shirt, plus entry into a draw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Brilliant thats my chrimbo present sorted so

Just to confirm this John

A 'normal' ticket holder will get a photo opp and 2 signed books, and a VIP will get Photo opp, 1 signed book and a signed t-shirt, plus entry into a draw?

My op was a cut and paste from what the publisher sent to me. I have emailed them this morning for the exact breakdown and differences and will post a comparison the second it arrives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Lol that will teach me to cut n paste direct from the publishers email :) I had completely missed that!!

Them publishers dont know what we've been through! I'd love to be going to this. ****in recession, ruining all my fun

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You don't????

I've met Randy before, got a signed photo, and a photo with him. Wasn't charged a penny. Would i have paid if asked, yeah I'd say so. So I think the above is "worth" paying for, in the sense that its something you'll value.

However, I think its very very cheeky of the publishers. Basically selling tickets to a book launch, where they are making money from the book as it stands. Should be free imo, but obviously that are tryng to capitolise on the industry.

Mellor wrote: »
    I've met Randy before, got a signed photo, and a photo with him. Wasn't charged a penny. Would i have paid if asked, yeah I'd say so. So I think the above is "worth" paying for, in the sense that its something you'll value.

However, I think its very very cheeky of the publishers. Basically selling tickets to a book launch, where they are making money from the book as it stands. Should be free imo, but obviously that are tryng to capitolise on the industry.

Same here, i've met him before and had a great pic, 5 min chat and an autograph, all free, but i'd be buying his book anyway, and not read his other one so i guess it's good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Actually found him a bit of a dour bugger at the training seminar at UFC 120 Expo. Still a surreal experience getting thrown on your arse by Randy Couture though!

Might try to get to this, but I doubt I'll make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

I'm going to go

it's expensive for what you get but we don't get many chances to see Randy or other UFC fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Defo be interested in going to this. Met Hendo and Shogun when they were over for 113 and they were real gentlemen. Imagine Randy is more of the same.

Please keep us up to date with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'd love to meet Randy, this would be awesome.

But why exactly are we being asked to spend €55? The reason people do book signings is to get people to buy their book. If a celeb turns up at Eason, you'll get hoards of people turning up in order to meet the celeb and get a signed copy of the book who wouldn't normally in fact make the purchase.

Now, I don't think i'd be rushing to buy Randy's book but if he turned up at Eason i'd be one of those people to briefly meet him and grab his book to be signed.

Basically, we're being charged for the book and for the privilage of meeting the guy and getting a picture? In the mean time the publishers stick in a second book that they couldn't shift in the first place just to A) Get rid of the copies and B) Flesh out the "product" to make it look like better value. This is a bit much if you ask me.

I remember bringing my brother to a wrestling show a couple of years back and one of my childhood heroes, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, was there signing and taking pictures and charging €5 a pop. I can understand this because he was a broke old man at this stage and it shouldn't be below him to whore his faded celebrity if he needs the cash.

But the €55 price tag really bugs me here. Yeah i'd buy the book at RRP, but what the publishers are doing here is whoring Randy's celebrity and it's not right. Imagine if you saw him in the street and asked for a picture and he said "No problem, give me €20 and snap away".

I'd love to meet the guy, but at the cost of feeding into this procedure, no thanks!

This is in no way aimed at John Ferguson by the way. Don't shoot the messenger and all that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I can understand this because he was a broke old man at this stage and it shouldn't be below him to whore his faded celebrity if he needs the cash

Bret Hart is far from broke.

Advertisement