Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

Had a good look last night,
    Looks like it cant be done.By me anyway!
    its not the rear cover tho.The front of the tube sits level with the two uprights.(unlike the E2s)
    Have a look at this pic of the E2 half rotated and note how much the corner moves out to the left.
    2013-10-07+18.14.07.jpg
    you need about 80mm clearance on either side.
    The naomi has half that if even,
    If you could make a shelf that slid forward 50mm and then rotate it would work.

Going to start the strip down of the naomi anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Some of the older cabs with a rotating mechanism have exactly that , you have a handle that first pushes the monitor outside of the cab and then you rotate .

Anyone else just get that email from Ronnie with the most piss doors I've ever seen on a cab?

20131008Windy%20%282%29.jpg

ha ha ha
    yeah i got that mail.
    came on here to post about the piss doors too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haha! Was just on the way here about to post about this (with a different picture :D)

Great price for a Windy!

20131008Windy%20(3).jpg

A bit of proper paint and some tlc and it would be a great cab!

Master of the Universe

I thought they'd be going for the €800 region or so myself - they're fairly desirable yolks. I remember a certain North Korea lover here was very fond of them.

Just picked up another GNET card. Absolutely love them so I do. So easy to store too! :)

XIIStag_zps4ac62ae0.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice pick up, that's an excellent game.
    Must pick it up for the ps2 (heathen that I am!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    I remember a certain North Korea lover here was very fond of them.

Yeah I think he said they were awkward to get parts for though which put him off. Athough he's not in the arcade owning business anymore having sold everything.

• Advertisement

Apart from the usual yellow doors that Windy looks in pretty good shape !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah I think he said they were awkward to get parts for though which put him off. Athough he's not in the arcade owning business anymore having sold everything.

Did he just fire-sell everything off completely?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Did he just fire-sell everything off completely?

Pretty much yes. He had a rake of ads over on the other forums (where you're treated better and everyone knows you name etc :pac:). From some of his YT videos it looks like audio has captured (or re-captured) his interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pretty much yes. He had a rake of ads over on the other forums (where you're treated better and everyone knows you name etc :pac:). From some of his YT videos it looks like audio has captured (or re-captured) his interest.

Yikes, he seemed so really into it though, with the 'zine, the cabs, the pcb's, all the scaler knowledge etc...a proper shmup head. I wonder why he just sold it all off so suddenly.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Yikes, he seemed so really into it though, with the 'zine, the cabs, the pcb's, all the scaler knowledge etc...a proper shmup head. I wonder why he just sold it all off so suddenly.

Not sure, maybe just to help fund a new interest. Think he's still into the shmups though, just on console, and he said recently that Vol 2 of the Zine was still on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Didn't Pyongy only start collecting arcade and retro stuff a couple years ago after he started posting here? If so then it's probably easier to sell off stuff you've only had a year or two as opposed to a lot of us here who have been collecting for many many years.
    I know I've stuff I could never sell as I've had it 20+ years but I've also got more recent acquisitions that I wouldn't feel bad about selling on if I needed the cash to fund something else.

I think Pyongy shouldn't have sold his cab to buy a super gun, it ruins the whole experience so you might as well stay with consoles for less awkward game changing .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pretty much yes. He had a rake of ads over on the other forums (where you're treated better and everyone knows you name etc :pac:).

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

someone looking for progear here a few days ago?

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47632

Page one of this thread maybe!!!!

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »
    Page one of this thread maybe!!!!

oh very very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

lol

safetyboy wrote: »

That's a lovely clean board and a good price for an original ;)

Master of the Universe

Here's a handy tip I read last night. Great use for EA sports Megadrive clamshell cases; boxes for your STV carts!

I gave it a go with a standard Megadrive clamshell (cut out all the cart holder bits) but it didn't quite close. The EA boxes though are meant to be just right to fit them.
    safetyboy wrote: »

Gorgeous looking condition!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Adam Koralik just posted this video:

I could definitely do with something like this to free up some plugs on my entertainment unit.

http://www.retrogamecave.com/the-sega-trio.html

Does 110v - 220v so only a travel adapter is required.

Master of the Universe

Bloody hell, that's brilliant! Even buying a US one and using it with a step down is going to take up a lot less space than the 3 standard PSU!

Edit, dont even need to!

The Trio which accepts 100-240VAC input so International gamers can use a cheap plug adapter (1-2 bucks) and we have Euro Adapters in stock if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Looks similar to the power supply used to drive multiple guitar pedals, very handy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I picked up a set of those new aluminium JLF balltop/shaft cover/dust covers from gremlin solutions(or arcadeworld uk as they are now know) a little while back.
    new-products-alum-shaft-1.jpg

http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/AWUK-Aluminium-JLF-Shaft-Cover-And-Dust-Cover-Set.html
    http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/AWUK-Mirror-Ball-Top-Handle.html

This is how they looked before(all pics clickable):
    jw7b.jpg

And now:
    7h2m.jpge1h0.jpg

g518.jpgij5g.jpg

a371.jpg

I decided not to use the mirror balltops as they just didn't look right. In fact they'd look better hanging from a christmas tree.

End result (looks better in person):
    DSC_3663b.jpg

Looks very nice on the E3 panel .

I'd like to see an overall shot of the cab with it .

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You can be more than certain that whenever you visit AO, you'll end up buying something. :pac:

This was a particularly rare purchase though. Older candy cabs are fairly notorious for having hard to find chassis for them. Especially TOEI ones.

Unfortunately for me, I've a TOEI TC-RM25T in my SNK Candy. They were built to order, so are very hard to replace.

Some of you might remember the crazy hassle I had even trying to just get a cap kit together for it.

Anyway, someone just put NOS TOEI flybacks up for sale on ebay :eek:. For a very nice price. They're built for the chassis I based that cap kit on (which worked perfectly on my one and looked identical to it) so I'm more than certain this will work with it too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380431411451?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Came to €60 delivered. Expensive enough, but for the sheer rarity I couldn't pass it up. Especially as I know I'd be kicking myself down the line if the current flyback failed.

Advertisement