Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,668 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    But that's not how it works Matey .
    Now you think you're good but when time passes Garregga will haunt you again and then this happens :

Hah! Hopefully by that point The Last Bandit will have his Jamma to console adapter ready and I'll be able to play the Saturn version /fingers crossed :)

What's the going rate on a Japanese Garegga PCB these days? last I saw was about €350.

urbanledge wrote: »
    How far you getting on 1cc?
    I need to get back into it.GTAV has been eating all my game time.
    Had one or 5 credits on Saturday night saying that!

My best is still only the end of level 3! I always make a silly mistake somewhere. I was previously able to breeze through the first two levels, but after being away from it for a while I'm having difficulty getting passed the first without losing one life. Amazing how your 'fitness level' for a game can drop :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    My best is still only the end of level 3! I always make a silly mistake somewhere. I was previously able to breeze through the first two levels, but after being away from it for a while I'm having difficulty getting passed the first without losing one life. Amazing how your 'fitness level' for a game can drop :D

Aren't you supposed to suicide in that game though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

Andrew76 wrote: »

04.jpg

On a roll today you are! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Usually straight from the start, grab some weapon upgrades and then ignore the rest, medal chain and kill off every extend you get right away ;)
    Also with the PCB you have to wait 15 minutes before play to get the rank down to normal and do that between every game .
    You can always burn the zak roms which resets rank between games right away .

• Advertisement

Ok that would be a mandatory for me so.

Master of the Universe

The game gets harder the more lives you have alright.

However you need to be really good to use suiciding as a tactic. You don't get extends until the 1 million point mark. I usually don't hit that score until mid to late level 2.

Master of the Universe

Also with the PCB you have to wait 15 minutes before play to get the rank down to normal and do that between every game .

Say wha??? :eek:

Master of the Universe

Another Batrider PCB :eek:

Third I've seen in the last few weeks

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25559

Say wha??? :eek:

:D

You can also reset rank in the options menu before playing a new game .

Zak roms also give you the extra Mahou Daisakusen characters without using an input code :P

• Advertisement

I want those ROMs,who want to source them for me??????
    Cheaply!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

What price does Garegga go for these days?

Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »
    What price does Garegga go for these days?

Tell me you have it and you're looking to sell?

If that's the case, it goes for about €100 these days. I've cash waiting, lets take this to PM... :D

Last one on shmups went for € 350,- shipped , the one before that was Rancors for $ 555,-

Crazy money and at least a 25% mark up from early last year if you search the forums :mad:

Master of the Universe

I'd love to see a graph of popular shmup prices over the last several years. It's not too long since I saw things like Batrider, Progear and Garegga for around the €150 mark and under. Really wish I'd bought them back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Was messing about with RetroPie last night for my new Raspberry Pi tutorial video and got to playing Batman The Movie on C64.

FB_IMG_13808491011377878.jpg

It brought back so much nostalgia for me as I used to play this with my uncle from ages four or so and up.

I LOVE that Ocean loader music to this day. So good...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Crazy envious of that awesome setup you have!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Crazy envious of that awesome setup you have!!!

Cheers. Pity it only ever really gets used for Coronation Street and whatever ****e herself wants to watch.

Fiancé aint big on videogames...

Meh.

Tell me you have it and you're looking to sell?

If that's the case, it goes for about €100 these days. I've cash waiting, lets take this to PM... :D

Nah, thinking of doing a trade for Ketsui maybe if anyone is up for it :)

http://www.mak-jp.com/documents/2013_10_01.pdf

Just having a look through that and Garrega is 360€ even in japan.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    http://www.mak-jp.com/documents/2013_10_01.pdf

Just having a look through that and Garrega is 360€ even in japan.

That will be € 400,- with secure shipping and another possible € 80,- import tax :(

Better find one locally .

That will be € 400,- with secure shipping and another possible € 80,- import tax :(

Better find one locally .

I'm in Japan for xmas for 3 weeks :) Thats why I'm getting rid of some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Is the Sega STV emulated in mame?

Or is there some other emulator out there worth bothering with?

Master of the Universe

I remember trying to play Raident Silvergun and Souky via mame a couple of years back and they ran, but they were choppy and glitchy. Might be another emulator out there which does a better job.

Check out some of the machines in this thread, some serious value packed into that container: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47169. :eek:

A certain ex-boardsie (:() would've appreaciated this, 'only' €5k and both already sold by the sounds of it:

DARIUS.JPG

Initial D twin:

P1030627.JPG

Vewlix's galore:

P1030636.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This might come in handy for someone.
    Arcade Manuals on my Google Drive so they can be previewed etc. PCB's, cabs, monitors and other misc arcade hardware (1738 in total so there's a good chance your PCB or hardware is in there).
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B69DctF0Bt9BX0lkeWo0Yl9EVms&usp

And a non arcade bonus, Handheld Game manuals (216 of them).
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B69DctF0Bt9BZkczc3RsbFJIaG8&usp

2kmk.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I'm going to Waterford in a few weeks for a couple of days, anyone know if there are any arcades left in tramore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

keithgeo wrote: »
    I'm going to Waterford in a few weeks for a couple of days, anyone know if there are any arcades left in tramore?

Not a whole lot, Freddies was the main one but the bank closed that down. There was a few decent pins down the road in the Atlantic but looks like they were taken out.

The Atlantic is split in 2 halfs, one with all slots and the other with games. The game section might be closed off now though since its off summer season. There is a Outrun SP, I think, in another arcade thats worth a look though. But overall dont get your hopes up

If you need a gaming fix though, more than welcome to come up and play Shaq Fu up in my house

Master of the Universe

It's so depressing to hear of all these arcades being gone. Imagine a world where there are literally no coin op machines left anywhere. That's what we're heading for. The BYOB in places like Bray Bowl and Stillorgan Bowl are a godsend.

We need to pool together and open something like the HOG over here :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

sad to hear they are all gone! ill have a look when im there anyways, keep meaning to head out to that bray bowling alley and have a look.

Advertisement