Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

L1m1tless wrote: »
    By some fluke I was lucky enough to get this. It does appear to be an original Juno First. One of my favourites. Going to make a dedicated cab for it if I can get it going.

My friend set up a test bench and wired up a new harness. Good news, it works with only slight graphics issue. Bad news? its not Juno first, its road fighter. :):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

oh that's a great game. I loved road fighter . I played this on the MSX so much . great game and one arcade pcb I'd be looking for if you ever want to sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭BGOllie

wish I'd kept my bid on this now :D:D

It is a good one alright but Juno first is one I'd love to have so I was a bit dissapointed.

I probably will be moving it on at some stage, I want to clean it up and see if it fixes the issue.

I'll let you know when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

L1m1tless wrote: »
    My friend set up a test bench and wired up a new harness. Good news, it works with only slight graphics issue. Bad news? its not Juno first, its road fighter. :):mad:

Good news, an unusual game to come across too! Is it road fighter, or road fighter 2?

• Advertisement

The first one. I know people like it but not one I have any nostalgia for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

BGOllie wrote: »
    ok. jumper a wire across pin 14 on that final fight regardless :D

If other boards are ok in that supergun, I would say it's whatever sync those pcbs are outputting are not TV friendly . it's a common issue with some PVMs too , although in that case you can adjust the sync through a menu.
    A quick patch could be to put a 220fu cap on the sync/ground and see if that helps or try a new monitor setup.

Bought a 5 Euro Monitor with Scart connection off adverts today and all my sync issues are gone. must just have been the portable tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

*snip* wrong thread whoops

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Stayed in a hotel with this classic a few days ago. Got the "original game" cheat to work but couldn't get the other "power up" one to

Limpy wrote: »
    Stayed in a hotel with this classic a few days ago. Got the "original game" cheat to work but couldn't get the other "power up" one to

Cool, was this in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice button layout, must have been difficult.

Bought a 5 Euro Monitor with Scart connection off adverts today and all my sync issues are gone. must just have been the portable tv.

Nice one, these things can be a pain in the arse, great to get some progress :)

Havent had much time for arcade stuff recently, but I stuck up a galaga 3 pcb in the for sale section if anyones interested. Can be a bit hard to see sometimes on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Oh nos! Just noticed Atomiswave cab I have in work isn't turning on and just 'ticking.' The noise you get from them when you power them on initially. Hopefully just the chassis needing checking, ooze cleaning, recapping maybe...time will tell (when i have time) :(

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Oh nos! Just noticed Atomiswave cab I have in work isn't turning on and just 'ticking.' The noise you get from them when you power them on initially. Hopefully just the chassis needing checking, ooze cleaning, recapping maybe...time will tell (when i have time) :(
    Good news! Its not my cab thats borked but the company owned cab :) identical and I had swapped control panels so I got them confused so happy days! Still needs fixing though

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Good news! Its not my cab thats borked but the company owned cab :) identical and I had swapped control panels so I got them confused so happy days! Still needs fixing though

I've two of them and so far they are the only two cabs that dont ever give me any trouble.

I love my AWSDs but must open up yhe PSU casing to tune voltage lower as the newer one as its outputting like 5.2 or 5.4 so I haven't used the jamma connector.

Also i think one us running off 110v stepdown from original owner. I sud remedy that. Got an Airlink 500v on route. it brob power two cabs

Kerbdog. 4 AWSD came into Ireland with 1 2 3 4 number stickers, I wonder do I have 2 and u two. I believe mine are two of that batch. Theres some cool story how they were brought over a decade ago i think?

Glad urs is going okay lol hope it's a easy fix.

kevin2me wrote: »
    I've two of them and so far they are the only two cabs that dont ever give me any trouble.

I love my AWSDs but must open up yhe PSU casing to tune voltage lower as the newer one as its outputting like 5.2 or 5.4 so I haven't used the jamma connector.

Also i think one us running off 110v stepdown from original owner. I sud remedy that. Got an Airlink 500v on route. it brob power two cabs

Kerbdog. 4 AWSD came into Ireland with 1 2 3 4 number stickers, I wonder do I have 2 and u two. I believe mine are two of that batch. Theres some cool story how they were brought over a decade ago i think?

Glad urs is going okay lol hope it's a easy fix.

One of those (the one which I organised for the office) was imported by me from the UK back in 2012 I think. The other AWSD I bought from mozie81 in 2015, maybe that was one you are thinking off?
    CiDeRmAn on here also has an AWSD that was bought from Mitchomagic I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

One of those (the one which I organised for the office) was imported by me from the UK back in 2012 I think. The other AWSD I bought from mozie81 in 2015, maybe that was one you are thinking off?
    CiDeRmAn on here also has an AWSD that was bought from Mitchomagic I think.

I have one from sound lad Dublin and one from mitch too. Mitches one is prob my fav cab. it had PSU upgraded and I was bold and put E2 set on it. It looks fab thou. I've full Egret 3 Kit too but it's in storage, if I get a 3rd to complete the set visually at least.

So theres at least 5 in the country. Beautiful Cabs, Hard to beat Egrets or AWSD.
    Thanks Kerbdog.

Also I'm might be putting up some cabs soon. My Sega Last Bronx and 2 Noamis might have to yo for incomings... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think Mitches ones came from a UK game expo years back if I remember correctly?

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think Mitches ones came from a UK game expo years back if I remember correctly?
    No idea, but I think when we went to pick it up he wasn't too happy with this cab as he had sold it and had it returned as maybe the tube went and he had to replace the tube. Something like that

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That might have been my old one actually?

I bought one from him years ago but it was DOA on arrival unfortunately. Tried to fix it a few times but had to take it back in the end.

Found some old photos if any of the dings look familiar;

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0779.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got one of those from him, via Kerbdog.
    Turned out there was nothing wrong with it.
    Worked for me anyhow.
    Maybe Kerbdog made repairs, not sure

o1s1n wrote: »
    That might have been my old one actually?

I bought one from him years ago but it was DOA on arrival unfortunately. Tried to fix it a few times but had to take it back in the end.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got one of those from him, via Kerbdog.
    Turned out there was nothing wrong with it.
    Worked for me anyhow.
    Maybe Kerbdog made repairs, not sure
    Thats the cab, when we picked it up there was nothing wrong with it from what i remember. The panel was missing maybe? I had an old one so we popped that in. The PSU thats in it is a little janky - a 'standard' JAMMA PSU was installed by someone. Again I think the tube and/or chassis was replaced before we got it. I think Mitch just wanted rid.

Standard JAMMA psu in mine too connected to the original psu and has a step down installed in the back of it, Iam presuming the original psu was toast and someone connected up a standard to the connections on the original but haven’t looked into it anymore than that as it works fine and the standard psu is pretty **** in them anyways, done similar myself on an Astro one time as the also have poor power supplies as standard.

Master of the Universe

Yeah I remember reading AWSDs has really bad PSUs by stock, I think Egret IIIs are the same in that regard? (pretty much the same cabinet)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

At the Beers the other night my audio just died.
    Not sure if it's the amplifier circuit itself or the power supply, must get Kerb to look at it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm sadly putting my SLPH-00008 for sale:
    https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/sangyo-spital-slph-00008-programmable-arcade-stick-ps1/18742992

Might be a few more sticks up this evening, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

road trip for anyone?
    https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machines/18763888

operator in Donegal selling cabs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nice, pity there arent more pics. wonder if the sega rally works. video boards are a pain to sort out if gone and expensive. bit of a road trip involved to "come look and make an offer"

• Advertisement

road trip for anyone?
    https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machines/18763888

operator in Donegal selling cabs

Literally grabbing my hat, report back :)

Advertisement