Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Sounds like an mtc9000 chassis is needed then. I don't have any but will check the rest of the chassis here in case any are compatible.

Thanks a lot!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

No its just 18 or 19" i havent taken it out or anything but measuring with a tape through the glass thats what it looks like.

I have that same cabinet and mine came with a 20inch hantarex polo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

it could well be 20 im just measuring through the glass panel on the front and guessing. thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Bubble bobble is one of my favourites. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

I think the bubble bobble in token is in a similar cab too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nanao MS9 noice !! Brilliant monitor. How deep are the scuffs?

• Advertisement

So glad to finally have my neo 29 up and running after GLS sent the chassis to wrong country and then when it did arrive back it was smashed in pieces. tried a modified ms9 chassis but not compatible with the tube. Finally yanton listed a hitachi chassis from a mk iv and with some modifications worked a treat.. never had such good geometry and colors off the bat. Love this cab so much just need to recreate the marquee topper now but I have some good scans so shouldn’t be too difficult

4h5jxx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

That Neo 29 is sexual. Enjoy!

Thanks glad to be finished with this one and turned out great, Weird picture is correct way around on phone and not on laptop... will post some more

• Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well holy God, that's amazing :eek:

Thanks o1s1n it’s a beautiful cab and not one I ever thought I’d have, now just need to find a 4 slot to put in it like was originally there, inside is huge.

• Advertisement

I grabbed a 2 slot recently and I can tell you there are plenty of 4 slots being sold, youll get one easy enough

Yeah it’s just the weight of them and cost to ship I’ve seen a few come up.. I’ll just wait it out, glad to finally have all monitors sorted out, just waiting on gateninty for repro aero art and then the holy trinity is complete :)

wuqgs7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah it’s just the weight of them and cost to ship I’ve seen a few come up..
    shipping on these bigger items is killer these days and thats before the silly prices some are looking for them :rolleyes: patience is key even more so than ever in this game ....

cabs look well ,scrubbed up nicely

.....need to get my finger out :p

geotrig wrote: »
    shipping on these bigger items is killer these days and thats before the silly prices some are looking for them :rol leyes: patience is key even more so than ever in this game ....

cabs look well ,scrubbed up nicely

.....need to get my finger out :p

Please do, really want to see that MT-8!!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Looks great! How did you get the plastics and metal so new looking? Did you use paint stripper and re-spray with plastikote?

Looks great! How did you get the plastics and metal so new looking? Did you use paint stripper and re-spray with plastikote?

Plastikoted and tcut the plastics the body had been resprayed badly at some stage so a full day of wet/dry brought it back to original color which was actually pretty good, polished then with drill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Thanks o1s1n it’s a beautiful cab and not one I ever thought I’d have, now just need to find a 4 slot to put in it like was originally there, inside is huge.

I know of a few available multislots, 2 and 4.

Untested and I've got no interest in them. What would be a good price for them?

Nothing in it for me, but there's no point me picking them up for, say, 100 if they're worth 50 :p

Could grab them and dish them out here, just gathering dust where they are I suppose.

beejee wrote: »
    I know of a few available multislots, 2 and 4.

Untested and I've got no interest in them. What would be a good price for them?

Nothing in it for me, but there's no point me picking them up for, say, 100 if they're worth 50 :p

Could grab them and dish them out here, just gathering dust where they are I suppose.

I got a 2 slot like new for 100. I might be interested in picking up another. Let me know if you are going to do a run and i might chip in

Okay that's something to go off. Would a 4 slot be about the same price?

The tricky part is the "untested", and I know I wont be able to test them there and then, its a case of flipping a coin.

Wont be doing anything for a week or two so theres no rush about anything, but I'll bump this up before the time rolls round :)

I was offered a 4 slot for Eur 120 from the same guy. It was working perfect but it looked a little worse for wear, the case had rust & the pcb had dents and scratches & looked like it had been worked on with a soldering iron.

• Advertisement

I’d gladly take a 4 if one was located this side of the pond .. the 1 slot looks tiny in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭geotrig

Untested they are worth 50 at most.

I’d gladly take a 4 if one was located this side of the pond .. the 1 slot looks tiny in here :)

Is this you going into the cabinet?

Yeah actually it’s handy because I can crawl inside to adjust the monitor when needs be lol.. careful for high voltage power lines though

geotrig wrote: »
    Untested they are worth 50 at most.

yeah, maximum. I'll give them the aul x-ray vision stare and make a decision on the spot if its worth the gamble or not

Finally the sega aero art arrived from gateninty so was able to complete the cab, really nice quality stuff.. also some taito tokens and some stickers for the Astro doors too.. Also replaced the tatty panel with a really nice repro from a french guy on fb (thanks to Kev for the heads up) with all the cabs finished now I can finally finish up the room and get some lighting installed.

26442sm.jpg

2r3igqp.jpg

n2z6he.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

guy over on AO has a complete MVS cart set

Old post but cool nonetheless

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18571&p=237425#p237425

NIfUe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Only 300 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 34,482 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe