Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 34,479 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Gotta love the first comment 'does it work?' :pac:

Needs a bit of work but not bad for the price, would clean up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

looks like a Juno first looking by the upside down sticker. would be worth it just for the pcb if it's original

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Watched a video of that running, looked very nice indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

A good few people contacted me about arcade boards, Im planning on getting through a bunch later and will put them up in the for sale section. Just so people have a heads up :P

About the west german commando/space invasion...somethings gone wrong with it. I first tested it out and I was getting some glitchy graphics, but playing fine. Took it apart, cleaned it up a bit, now im just getting scrambled graphics that goes nowhere. The intro jingle plays. I'll have another look at it later and if its going nowhere I'll be throwing that up for sale too, swimming in circuitry!

• Advertisement

Do we know what it might need to run?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Do we know what it might need to run?

I noticed some of the pal chips had what looked like black paint on the upper legs (but not on the actual connecting part) . Reseated everything and got the scrambled screen.

Other than that, which is probably nothing, I don't have the foggiest, I'm afraid. I'll take pictures this evening as I'm going through stuff.

stuff is going up for sale now, one by one. I'll get a few more done before im sick of solder scratching the hands off me :P

I know some might be waiting on the other few boards, I'll be putting them up one after another now, got pictures all together this time :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

BGOllie wrote: »
    looks like a Juno first looking by the upside down sticker. would be worth it just for the pcb if it's original

By some fluke I was lucky enough to get this. It does appear to be an original Juno First. One of my favourites. Going to make a dedicated cab for it if I can get it going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭geotrig

I'm about an 8th of the way there :(

as someone who loves neo stuff ,dont do it ,collect what you want there is a lot a crap to take up shelf space in some of those ....unless you get real bargains on joblots !
    a lot of those who attempted to get the full sets picked up loads of joblots where carts would have cost about a 5er at most for the fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭geotrig

L1m1tless wrote: »
    By some fluke I was lucky enough to get this. It does appear to be an original Juno First. One of my favourites. Going to make a dedicated cab for it if I can get it going.

nice get wouldn't mind a cocktail like that

geotrig wrote: »
    nice get wouldn't mind a cocktail like that

Thanks, Its a nice cocktail, should clean up nice, Not my thing though, my friend is going to restore it. It needs a lot of work.

Sweet,
    if you ever want to sell the cabinet (the cocktail) hit me up.
    Always wanted one but never had space but now I do so (half heartedly) keeping an eye out for one.

Sweet,
    if you ever want to sell the cabinet (the cocktail) hit me up.
    Always wanted one but never had space but now I do so (half heartedly) keeping an eye out for one.

Sorry man, giving it to my friend, He has been looking for a TAITO Cocktail for a long time.

I actually know where there is a very very nice one that has been sitting a long,long time so I might look into it.

you might as well, they are small so space is no excuse :P

Master of the Universe

Sure you need something to pile all that washing on :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sure you need something to pile all that washing on :pac:

Thats my biggest fear!
    my new house has a second sitting room with room for my games,a bar and a couch so a cocktail cab might work .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thats my biggest fear!
    my new house has a second sitting room with room for my games,a bar and a couch so a cocktail cab might work .

Only 1 kind of bar that belongs in that room

BTB107-Model-Bamboo-Tiki-Bar-with-Bamboo.jpg_350x350.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Thats my biggest fear!

There's definitely a mathematical equation showing the relativity between arcade cabinet screen angle and amount of clothes which accumulate on top.

Nothing ever ends up on my SNK, the Pony on the other hand... :(

The new place has a second sitting room? Amazing! Living the dream! a front 'show room' to make you look civilised and then a backroom you can hide from Joe Public.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Cant Beat a second living room to finally have Arcade Cabs in a new place, I should know I built an extension due to the Machines!

Congrads on the new place / Otaku slice of heaven Oisin.

Taito Cabs are lovely little cabs to restore. My one took months but it was a great learning experience. They dont make them like that anymore.

All stuff posted, bar optimus's mega box. That will take a bit more effort :P

Thanks all :)

Hi Beejee what that setup you are using for testing the boards?

Hi Beejee what that setup you are using for testing the boards?

Its what you call a "supergun"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperGun

If youre going to get one, don't go for the cheapest and you'll have more options. Plus, if youre getting a power supply, make damn sure its a variable power supply, because tweaking the 5v supply is a necessity for different boards (a 4 stack versus a single board will need lots more juice, for instance)

Cool thanks. I will look them up. Hope I can get my new Juno first board going.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Hi lads.

Is there some warehouse around with dusty old games cabinets?

I mean there were thousands, what happened at the end of the 90s with these when arcades were closing.

If I had to pick one to get I'd love the Mortal Kombat 2 one with raiden on the side IIRC.

Limpy wrote: »
    Hi lads.

Is there some warehouse around with dusty old games cabinets?

I mean there were thousands, what happened at the end of the 90s with these when arcades were closing.

If I had to pick one to get I'd love the Mortal Kombat 2 one with raiden on the side IIRC.

A dusty old warehouse? We have top people working on it right now...

Basically, no...not easy to get. Mortal kombat 2 is a great one though!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

beejee wrote: »
    A dusty old warehouse? We have top people working on it right now...

Basically, no...not easy to get. Mortal kombat 2 is a great one though!

You would wonder what the owners of the arcades did with them. Some of them would of went bankrupt and just left or the owner just closed up shop.

I suppose the warehouse would be downgraded to some closed pub in rural Ireland.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Limpy wrote: »
    You would wonder what the owners of the arcades did with them.

Unfortunately the answer to that question tends to be 'skips and dumps'.

Lots of stuff has been saved thankfully but I'd imagine many times more than that has been destroyed.

Advertisement