Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Those King of Air PCBs are pricey enough on ebay but they're for sale on aliexpress for far cheaper.

Bit of a black Friday deal on tomorrow too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-Jamma-Mutli-Game-Board-Vertical-Screen-Flight-Shooting-Mutligame-Board-The-King-of-Air-51/32809124738.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.3d3b3c00U30QF9

What would be ever so interesting would be if you could add your own games to the existing set, I see a lot of these devices are coming with their games on a dodgy usb key, imagine slipping a few more on there, some that they missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

A Pi2jamma and the vertipie image would be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I think I have a pi2jamma knocking around, Should really sell that off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

eddhorse wrote: »
    I think I have a pi2jamma knocking around, Should really sell that off

is it a pi2jamma or an arpicade?

is it a pi2jamma or an arpicade?

Pi2jamma , the one from arcadeforge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, I have to get the cab ready for 2 player shenanigans with the Xmas beers incoming.
    Nearly forgot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, I have to get the cab ready for 2 player shenanigans with the Xmas beers incoming.
    Nearly forgot!

Bagsie Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Was very close to pulling the plug on a Vewlix Black Diamond Orange But Ronnie hasnt sent a reply another reply since last weekend. This normal for him to go dark? Or ye reckon he sold it. Shall find out next week suppose.

[img]http://www.bestacc.com.cn/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/vewlix橙色2.jpg[/img]

Anyone in Ireland got a Vewlix. It's become my new MUST HAVE... sexy bit of kit... 1080p Vewlix BD...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭geotrig

There is definitely a few around seen them posted over the years.

I've been tempted to pick one up in the past but don't know what is play on it really. Not interested in hooking a console up to one and not hugely interested in anything modern to Warrent it either.

Got a Chewlix for our Cork office a while back if that counts.
    JiRaffT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Fitted Mame PC to the Naomi cab this evening, nothing too fancy i5 mini-itx with SSD so power on to Attract-Mode is about 30 seconds. Really happy with it, will probably end up getting rid of pcbs at this stage.

45497693294_2d11486822_c.jpg

All fits on the built-in shelf as well :)

Nice, what OS is on that?

Nice, what OS is on that?

Win7 embedded, the 'groovytime' image posted on UKVac.

I'm running it at a fixed 640x480 instead of switching resolution as that's all the Sanwa chassis can deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

geotrig wrote: »
    There is definitely a few around seen them posted over the years.

I've been tempted to pick one up in the past but don't know what is play on it really. Not interested in hooking a console up to one and not hugely interested in anything modern to Warrent it either.

I don’t like them :(

Fitted Mame PC to the Naomi cab this evening, nothing too fancy i5 mini-itx with SSD so power on to Attract-Mode is about 30 seconds. Really happy with it, will probably end up getting rid of pcbs at this stage.

Good stuff. Working on something similar here. I've the PC set up with a R9 380x card and goovymame. Just one problem - no controls yet :pac:

Are you using a JVS-PAC to connect the controls to the PC?

Good stuff. Working on something similar here. I've the PC set up with a R9 380x card and goovymame. Just one problem - no controls yet :pac:

Are you using a JVS-PAC to connect the controls to the PC?

Nothing JVS left in it. I've rewired it for Jamma & Mame, have a GBS8200 to upscale the Jamma stuff but as the Mame is working out so well I doubt I'll be using too many real boards.

Controls are dual wired to the Jamma harness and a Minipac.

Groovymame is kinda pointless with the Sanwa chassis as it'll only work at 640x480 ?

Was holding out for a JVS-PAC but Minipac looks like the best option now for PC integration.

The chassis is a rodotron 666a-psf so it handles trisync for groovymame but I'll probably only play modern 640x480 games on this and stick to the Electrocoins for 15k games. I wonder is there a hyperspin wheel for 640x480 only games?

The R9 380x was the best/last card I could find that supported native VGA and it plays Demul, super model etc 100%.

Got a Chewlix for our Cork office a while back if that counts.

nice one Edd, I'm in Cork too in Citygate and my company are always asking hey let a machine in the office. No way I'm letting the Sales team near my babies 😄

I've no idea where to go get a Chexlix. Mo has one but I'd like black dark type vewlix. Vexkuw L, C or Diamond seem the nicest but there 1p and 1080p expensive whereas I here chewlix have Jamma and or jvs hooked up for 2P.

It be nice cab for X360, Mame and naomi if it take it. Wheres u get urs. Any chance I get to see your office lol

45497693294_2d11486822_c.jpg

That's really tidying lil PC. Thanks for giving the Naomi a good home.
    I'm finally working on my Jaomi. It's got a FrancoB JVS Jamma Loom and full Jvs Naomi too. It works fine Controls wise and Naomi or jamma but I've no video.

At mo I have an ultimarc Video Amp which looks lovely off a mame cab
    I have in the woody cab. But ut blocks Jamma/naomi video via VGA. so need to figure out how to be able to have std VGA or video amp to PC.

AF1QipNRtiGeVyjD-DtSIIMkHcYsE3J1a3GvSg7_-ifg

I also took appart my Confidental Mission Pedestal so I can take up less room but also use it as a std cab. Both gave 15k monitors.AF1QipMBgkRqEKjk4dooaxpwADmHnXZp0czTmTJw3jg8

AF1QipP0UqBrrfh0E62iwe7NqPY36A454xrSxS9e5sci

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

kevin2me wrote: »
    Was very close to pulling the plug on a Vewlix Black Diamond Orange But Ronnie hasnt sent a reply another reply since last weekend. This normal for him to go dark? Or ye reckon he sold it. Shall find out next week suppose.

[IMG]http://www.bestacc.com.cn/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/vewlix橙色2.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone in Ireland got a Vewlix. It's become my new MUST HAVE... sexy bit of kit... 1080p Vewlix BD...

Personally once the crt is gone, its not an arcade game to me anymore. Similarly I cant really get behind mame machines and the like. I understand the attraction, but theres something sacrilegious about it! I remember being hyped to hell and back about modifying my wii back in the day, but once I had a gazillion games loaded, my interest died ("easy come, easy go" phenomenon?)

You can play most of these games in an internet browser, and once you start taking these baby steps like removing crt, removing the pcbs, adding pc parts etc, I end up coming to the conclusion that I don't need to buy anything at all. The "heart" is stripped out of it. So I understand, but I wouldn't do it.

Kevin2me: I noticed in some old posts that you had a last Bronx cabinet. Is that all stripped for mame now? Or was it installed parallel to the original workings? And would you know if virtua striker 1 cabinets are similar set-up, ie dual res monitor? (15kz and 24kz)?

• Advertisement

beejee wrote: »

Kevin2me: I noticed in some old posts that you had a last Bronx cabinet. Is that all stripped for mame now? Or was it installed parallel to the original workings? And would you know if virtua striker 1 cabinets are similar set-up, ie dual res monitor? (15kz and 24kz)?

hey beejee, yes that last bronx cab was one of my 1st 2 cabs, I knew little to nothing back then, but after bout 100 hours on internet I found a way from well known Sega guy in Australia how to change the cab from 25 to 15 htz and it works a charm. also had to change a jumper to make screen be wider.

I think it's all in this thread and sud be same as v striker. I had one tgem too but it died 2 days b4 a buyer came for it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056474193

I kept original screen, speakers, the Sega io board for demag volume etc but I built my own controls to PC. and tbh I only play about 50 of 1000s mame games in it and it's very good.

Games like Open Ice NBA jam work well whereas ull cant easily get them on Jamma. They are a lovely wooden cab and u space to sit at them to and put ur legs up unless most standup cabs.

u ever get ur candy cab that u had on marketplace, I might be selling on more noami stuff soon. just a heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Win7 embedded, the 'groovytime' image posted on UKVac.

I'm running it at a fixed 640x480 instead of switching resolution as that's all the Sanwa chassis can deal with.

Does that OS need to be shutdown or can you just power of

Does that OS need to be shutdown or can you just power of

It's got the Enhanced Write Filter so you can just power off.

nice one Edd, I'm in Cork too in Citygate and my company are always asking hey let a machine in the office. No way I'm letting the Sales team near my babies 😄

I've no idea where to go get a Chexlix. Mo has one but I'd like black dark type vewlix. Vexkuw L, C or Diamond seem the nicest but there 1p and 1080p expensive whereas I here chewlix have Jamma and or jvs hooked up for 2P.

It be nice cab for X360, Mame and naomi if it take it. Wheres u get urs. Any chance I get to see your office lol

Got it from Mo also, delivered.
    They have a Mame PC, Steam for newer games.
    Two controllers too for 4 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

hey beejee, yes that last bronx cab was one of my 1st 2 cabs, I knew little to nothing back then, but after bout 100 hours on internet I found a way from well known Sega guy in Australia how to change the cab from 25 to 15 htz and it works a charm. also had to change a jumper to make screen be wider.

I think it's all in this thread and sud be same as v striker. I had one tgem too but it died 2 days b4 a buyer came for it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056474193

I kept original screen, speakers, the Sega io board for demag volume etc but I built my own controls to PC. and tbh I only play about 50 of 1000s mame games in it and it's very good.

Games like Open Ice NBA jam work well whereas ull cant easily get them on Jamma. They are a lovely wooden cab and u space to sit at them to and put ur legs up unless most standup cabs.

u ever get ur candy cab that u had on marketplace, I might be selling on more noami stuff soon. just a heads up

Skimmed over the thread you linked, will have a better look later, thanks! Looks like it was some job getting it in the first place :P

So, compared to the average arcade upright (BAS, electrocoin etc), would you say these model 2 cabs are very heavy/awkward?

As for the candy cabinets/naomi, I think ive given up the ghost. The 31kz only thing on naomi is an annoyance I don't want to deal with! I know there are converters and such, but blah! Plus they are deceptively big and heavy!

You mentioned something about confidential mission, do you have any other lightgun games? Somebody had a pointblank for sale here recently, but having seen one in person just the other week.....theyre a lot bigger than I remember! Probably the same goes for the upright house of the dead games too, my memory has somehow shrunk them in size :P

beejee wrote: »
    Personally once the crt is gone, its not an arcade game to me anymore.

I'm the same. For me, an arcade cab is what it is because of the unique qualities of a crt screen. Whatever a persons stance on emulation, it's safe to say, it's only possible to approximate a crt screen on an lcd...it can't be replicated/emulated.
    Similarly I cant really get behind mame machines and the like. I understand the attraction, but theres something sacrilegious about it! I remember being hyped to hell and back about modifying my wii back in the day, but once I had a gazillion games loaded, my interest died ("easy come, easy go" phenomenon?)

The same thing happens with flash carts, even with real hardware. It's a side of gaming that requires a bit of a different approach, and definitely some discipline.
    You can play most of these games in an internet browser, and once you start taking these baby steps like removing crt, removing the pcbs, adding pc parts etc, I end up coming to the conclusion that I don't need to buy anything at all. The "heart" is stripped out of it. So I understand, but I wouldn't do it.

I went the exact same route as TLB a good few years back. I'd a cab with real pcb's, and then I fed a JPAC to that cab, I could see there was virtually no difference between emulating and using a pcb. It became clear (for me) that the game was what you see and play on screen...the gubbins inside, no matter if talking of a pcb, or using a pc.,..they are simply crunching 1's and 0's. That said, while I've almost fully gone over to emulation nowadays, nothing trumps real hardware. Emulation has gotten so good of late though, that it's nice not to have to worry about caps, cables, scarts & hertz anymore :o

I also took appart my Confidental Mission Pedestal so I can take up less room but also use it as a std cab. Both gave 15k monitors.

Is that usual to a have 15k monitor in a naomi?

If you are looking for a 31k monitor let me know as I've ended up with a load of naomi spares including a spare tube and chassis etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Is that usual to a have 15k monitor in a naomi?

If you are looking for a 31k monitor let me know as I've ended up with a load of naomi spares including a spare tube and chassis etc.

Factory they are 31k monitors, so not that common. I'd expect if someone was replacing the 31k monitor they would throw in a tri-sync chassis/monitor (15/24/31k)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Inviere wrote: »
    I'm the same. For me, an arcade cab is what it is because of the unique qualities of a crt screen. Whatever a persons stance on emulation, it's safe to say, it's only possible to approximate a crt screen on an lcd...it can't be replicated/emulated.

I worry about this. CRT's are critically endangered. In our lifetime we will see them go extinct. I would love some entrepreneur to create a "modern crt screen" if that makes any sense. Surley there are better ways to make crt's nowadays that forgo the difficulties of how they are traditionally produced.

• Advertisement

I worry about this. CRT's are critically endangered. In our lifetime we will see them go extinct. I would love some entrepreneur to create a "modern crt screen" if that makes any sense. Surley there are better ways to make crt's nowadays that forgo the difficulties of how they are traditionally produced.

With resolutions only going skywards, I doubt we'll ever see a crt in mainstream production again :(

Advertisement