Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I'm pretty much set for cabs I would have wanted at this stage but 14inch monitors and pcbs and manuals is defo sth I'd be on the lookout for

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Street Fighter II Champion or Turbo edition would be mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

Inviere wrote: »
    An SF2 or SF2 CE would be nice.
    MrVestek wrote: »
    Street Fighter II Champion or Turbo edition would be mine.

Get in line Sir Vestek ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

An Electrocoin Xenon

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Defender, on the off chance the rabbit hole leads to one...
    And pins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Joust cab if one turns up please 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Inviere wrote: »
    Get in line Sir Vestek ;):D

Waiting patiently! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just a heads up to those that might be interested. I'm going to be moving on my Point Blank full size arcade cab pretty soon as its taking up loads of space, and as I'm moving to a new house shortly I've decided to let this one go.

I'll stick it up in the marketplace this evening(just need to figure out a fair price, not sure what these go for). Few things to note, it needs a little work on the electronics/chassis. It powers up and runs, but I don't trust the PSU on it or the connector that the main plug connects to. I'll include a new PSU and connector I got for it as well as new chassis and old chassis that needs a repair job. It all works, but I'd highly recommend a good once over to make sure everything is as it should be. I'd also recommend getting the old chassis fixed as its definitely better that the new one and just needs a trip over to Grant in the Uk to be serviced.

I'd prefer it go to someone here rather than a reseller etc.

OEY3kPT.jpg

Typical,
    been wanting that cab for ages but house move means I have stopped accumulating stuff.
    Currently down to 3 pinballs,donkey kong,megatouch and a juke box !

This would suit Jack Burtan .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Absolutely gorgeous cab. Good luck with the sale, be great to see it go to someone here.

If I had the space I'd be all over it.

Edit - that was in reply to the Point Blank, not that donedeal add :eek:

Typical,
    been wanting that cab for ages but house move means I have stopped accumulating stuff.
    Currently down to 3 pinballs,donkey kong,megatouch and a juke box !

This would suit Jack Burtan .......

And it's a bulky cab as you know. It's been taking up space on me for a few years now :)

Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    And it's a bulky cab as you know. It's been taking up space on me for a few years now :)

They had one in a Cassidy's on Westmoreland St and I was quite taken aback by the size alright, much bigger than I remember it being.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm interested!

How do you feel about packets of Smokey bacon tayto? :P

BGOllie wrote: »

Absolute state of that,
    lovingly restored my hole

Master of the Universe

Lovingly lashed in an LCD...

I'm interested!

How do you feel about packets of Smokey bacon tayto? :P

While I'm a fan of said crisps, I'd need a good few packets for this :D

While I'm a fan of said crisps, I'd need a good few packets for this :D

We're talking at least 5 and a Toblerone....not an airport sized one though, I'm not made of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Absolute state of that,

This the same guy that was flipping the Naomi recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yep that's the one, the two from Donegal or whatever. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

This the same guy that was flipping the Naomi recently ?

I met the owner Anto on Saturday for the Naomi cab. Very nice chap. Rented the van for the day and collected.

A long long road ahead with the refurb but am looking forward to it. Currently getting pricing on a sandblast/powder coating of the base metal parts and also looking for a chassis.

The cab in the link above is the red Irish made cab. I saw this in person and it really is a beautiful little cabinet. It might be from the Atari factory in Tip post Atari? Anto said the original monitor chassis is faulty (arcing). It would need to go to Grant in UK for repair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, probably how you got that brown finger....

Are you going to chop it ? Interested to see how much the blasting and coating costs, I just sanded and resprayed mine - not perfect but certainly clean enough to keep indoors :)

Atari? Anto said the original monitor chassis is faulty (arcing). It would need to go to Grant in UK for repair.

If its arcing its just a cracked flyback.
    Anyone with a soldering iron can do it if you get the right transformer.

I don't think I'll chop it but it is a little high up for the kids so they need a stool. Same height as the xenons really.

The paint stripper, primer, branded spray paint (rustoleum) and of course time all adds up hence why going the sandblast/powercoat route for this one.

The joysticks are corroded (Seimitsu?) as are all external metallic parts. Some wiring in the loom looks burned but for now the focus is on getting the monitor working. Tube looks visually perfect however I have heard a common issue is bad colour guns so fingers crossed this is not reason why the chassis was taken out in the first place.

Lots of links online from 2010 -2014 for buying replacement artwork, crt chassis, 6 button control panel etc are all dead links now. Spare parts are getting rare and expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

OEY3kPT.jpg

It looks like theres a black labrador looking beyond the fence of your arcade room!

Could be a 3D printed doggo for all I know though!

Lots of links online from 2010 -2014 for buying replacement artwork, crt chassis, 6 button control panel etc are all dead links now. Spare parts are getting rare and expensive.

I got them all recently, well repo parts anyway.

Got the 6 button panel on Ebay, shop in France selling them, but the LS-56 sticks I got wouldn't fit. I had to modify their base plates to fit correctly.

Repo artwork is also available from Ollie on UKVac.

Arcadeworld Uk has plenty parts as well, got all the buttons & sticks there as well as new locks etc.

Ya costs add up quickly and I still need to repair the chassis (recap) and audio amp (dead right channel).

Have spare PSU and cables for it as I'm going the Mame & Jamma route with it.

If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me any links it would be much appreciated. Especially for the 6 button panel.

Did you get the silver foil letters for the sides from Ollie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

• Advertisement

Incase anyone got an email about a reply to this thread and seen it was deleted, here ye go:

anto002 has just posted the following in the "Arcade Talk 24/7/365" thread, in the Arcade & Retro forum:

"
    ---Quote (Originally by Kidchameleon)---
    Whats wrong with people.
    ---End Quote---
    What the **** do you want me to do??
    Give it away for free??

I have done a lot of work on this machine.

Exactly what is your problem?

The gentleman we bought them off new exactly what the intentions were for these machines.

These machines were very close to being skipped.

Is it because they were bought cheap?
    As you know in the arcade collecting world it's first come first served.
    Just look at adverts.ie or any website with arcade machines for sale and compare the prices.

I'll bet nothing was said about the recent cocktail machine that was butchered into a poker machine and sold in an awful state for €250.. just an empty shell.

I've worked on EM pinball machines, original dedicated machines and they went on to be enjoyed by lots of people.

I probably know a lot more about arcade machines than most of you could ever dream of.
    Rant over."

Advertisement